After the Darren Graham Affair is settled

Started by Evil Genius, August 08, 2007, 01:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 09, 2007, 04:22:59 PM
[
...as far as I'm concerned, the GAA may name its pitches after whoever they like - it's no business of a non-member like me.
[/quote]

You seem to get fairly worked up about something that is, by your own admission, none of your business. :-*
[/quote]

I can also get quite worked up about, e.g. Darfur, even though I've never been there, have no connection with the place and have no responsibility for what is going on there. Still doesn't mean I'm not entitled to have an opinion - even if that opinion is inevitably much less well informed than that on subjects which concern my own country...

Oh and I'm not actually "worked up" - even if my interest in the topic appears to "wind up" certain other posters!  :-*
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

"Unless, of course, in order to bolster your own prejudices, you need to believe that anyone  critical of any aspect of the GAA must necessarily be motivated solely by hatred..."

EG , care to explain this comment??
A pretty serious statement to come out with and not justify  >:(
Ask me holy bollix

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 10:23:52 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 09, 2007, 08:45:35 AM
As i said  EG you can have your opinion but i will be paying no heed to it   ::)

Until your posts caused me to Google it, I had never even heard of Crossmolina.

But if you are typical of the inhabitants, I won't go out of my way to visit, should I ever be in the area... ::)

As eg said earlier on in the thread he is entitled to his opinion however the thing with Eg is that if you decide not to agree with his opinion or decide to ignore what he has to say it he immediately forms an opinion of you as the above reply shows. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 09, 2007, 04:35:29 PM
However you I do believe, despite your politely phrased posts, are motivated by something akin to hatred of the GAA.
824 posts on a gaaboard board despite having huge misivings (putting it politely) about the GAA would support this theory.

Strange logic there, to consider that just because I have posted 824 times in the non-GAA section of the Board, I must inevitably hate the GAA. Many (most?) of the posts are nothing actually to do with the GAA. You know, being in the non-GAA section and all that.

However, if you must know, my motivation is not one of "hatred", rather it is primarily curiousity - or a search for enlightenment, if you prefer.  As I replied earlier when POG asked why I am a regular on this Board, the following might explain:
http://www.onesmallstepcampaign.org/

Anyhow, it becomes rather tiresome always to have to justify oneself rather than ones opinions, especially since that is not something generally required of those who follow the orthodoxy amongst posters on this Board.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

GweylTah

You shouldn't be here, EG, you should know that by now.  You don't seem pure, you just don't belong.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 04:52:52 PM

However, if you must know, my motivation is not one of "hatred", rather it is primarily curiousity - or a search for enlightenment, if you prefer.  As I replied earlier when POG asked why I am a regular on this Board, the following might explain:

EG,

What's your involvement with the above campaign, if it's okay to ask?

/Jim.

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 09, 2007, 04:46:20 PM
"Unless, of course, in order to bolster your own prejudices, you need to believe that anyone  critical of any aspect of the GAA must necessarily be motivated solely by hatred..."

EG , care to explain this comment??
A pretty serious statement to come out with and not justify  >:(

It was conjecture, rather than statement. And as it happens, with your posts, you do a better job of justifying it than I ever could...

Ain't irony a bitch, eh?  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on August 09, 2007, 04:57:15 PM

EG,

/Jim.

Evil Genius is Trevor Ringland??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Quote from: GweylTah on August 09, 2007, 04:55:07 PM
You shouldn't be here, EG, you should know that by now.  You don't seem pure, you just don't belong.

Finally the penny has dropped!! ;D

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 04:57:42 PM
It was conjecture, rather than statement. And as it happens, with your posts, you do a better job of justifying it than I ever could...

Ain't irony a bitch, eh?  ;)

Avoid the answer why dont you?  ::)

Its already clearly proven that I dont think anyone critical of any aspect of the GAA must be motivated solely by hatred as I myself am critical of certain aspects as are many other GAA members.

So either justify it or withdraw it.

Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on August 09, 2007, 04:57:15 PM

EG,

/Jim.

Perfectly OK to ask. As it happens, although I have great admiration for Trevor Ringland, one of the leading lights behind OSS, I have no formal involvement at all. Somebody directed me to the site, and I was persuaded that rather than spend time bolstering ones own prejudices by forever moving in the same circles, only ever hearing the same opinions etc, it is more useful to widen them out in order better to appreciate what others think about things.

Of course, "appreciation" is not the same as "conversion"(!), but whatever impression certain individuals may have of me and my opinions now, I can assure you that these are actually somewhat more moderate and enlightened* than they were before I decided to make my "journey through the dark side"!  :D

* - Honest!
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 09, 2007, 05:01:33 PM
So either justify it or withdraw it.

So it's OK for you to accuse me of being motivated by hatred, but when I speculate that you might need to believe that in order to justify your own prejudices, I am the one required to justify or withdraw?

Grow Up FFS!  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 05:14:52 PM
So it's OK for you to accuse me of being motivated by hatred, but when I speculate that you might need to believe that in order to justify your own prejudices, I am the one required to justify or withdraw?

Grow Up FFS!  ::)

Stop twisting it for f**k sake.
You said ""Unless, of course, in order to bolster your own prejudices, you need to believe that anyone  critical of any aspect of the GAA must necessarily be motivated solely by hatred..."

Which is obviously untrue.
Its ironic how you talk about trying not to bolster your own predudices, then you come here, spout shite like the above, then point blank refuse to retract it even when you know it to be untrue.

Your own prejudices are showing now, no surrender eh  ::)
Ask me holy bollix