info required for various leinster counties minor club championships

Started by lynchbhoy, August 08, 2007, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

folks
I need to set up some minor challenge matches and want to know if any of you could tell me the status in your county regarding the minor championships.
Meath minor season is over, so there wont be any teams looking for chalenge matches.
Please tell me if your county - Louth, Kildare, Laois, Westmeath, Longford, Offaly, Wexford, Carlow and wicklow championships are still on
if any of you know of a minor side that would be looking for a challenge match, then please let me know.
I am looking for top level Div 1 minor sides plus also games for lesser level - Div 2 or 3 teams.

TIA
LB

Lone Shark

Offaly minor championship is in two groups, of which one group is just finished and my own club (Ferbane) has been knocked out. The other group had more clubs so I'd be surprised if that was wrapped up yet. Edenderry, Rhode or Daingean (St. Vincent's) as far as i know are all still involved - any one of those would be decent enough and would probably be interested.

I'm afraid i've no idea what's happening in our Minor B championship - sorry about that...

lynchbhoy

Bogball XV

You should set up a Leinster minor club championship (the way St Pauls do in Belfast), if there's not one already.  It'd be great for Brigid's, and a great boost to the local economy, can you imagine if you let a few of them Longford young boys loose up around the shopping centre, they'd buy the place out!!

robertemmet

The Derry semi final pairings are

Banagher v Kilrea
Slaughtneil v Steelstown

They are on Tues 21st August

stephenite

Get a Jersey

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 08, 2007, 11:16:22 AM
You should set up a Leinster minor club championship (the way St Pauls do in Belfast), if there's not one already.  It'd be great for Brigid's, and a great boost to the local economy, can you imagine if you let a few of them Longford young boys loose up around the shopping centre, they'd buy the place out!!

The Eire Og Club in Carlow has been running such a tournament very successfully for the past 4 years. They had been hampered by a rule which limits tourrnaments to 8 teams but were successful at Congress in getting this changed. They will be organising it again this winter.

Eire Og Minors are usually very strong and would be good for challenge games, try contact them through Terry Coffey 087 6187081 or contact the club 059 9143951.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Get a Jersey on August 08, 2007, 12:47:52 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 08, 2007, 11:16:22 AM

The Eire Og Club in Carlow has been running such a tournament very successfully for the past 4 years. They had been hampered by a rule which limits tourrnaments to 8 teams but were successful at Congress in getting this changed. They will be organising it again this winter.

Eire Og Minors are usually very strong and would be good for challenge games, try contact them through Terry Coffey 087 6187081 or contact the club 059 9143951.
thanks for the info - any idea if the Carlow championship is still on ?
As the county team is still involved in the All Ireland minor championship, I'd guess this is yet to be completed...?

Get a Jersey

Carlow Championship hasnt started! Organised on A&B basis with qfs, sfs and finals.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Get a Jersey on August 09, 2007, 09:28:36 AM
Carlow Championship hasnt started! Organised on A&B basis with qfs, sfs and finals.

Superb - thanks for that GAJ
Contacted Terry !

we are blue... etc

Nothing happening in Laois at the moment AFAIK cos our minors have an AI semi-final to prepare for..

shark

Lynchboy, in Westmeath they are at the 1/4 final stage, being played next friday 17th.  Likely to be a few weeks of a break after that as they have to wait for senior championship to catch up (finals same day).
Two strong teams likely to be still standing come semi finals, Mullingar Shamrocks (Davy Walls 0876644621) and Shannon Gaels who are Maryland, Tang & Tubberclair combined, have no contact there but Tubberclair have a website so you could try that.

lynchbhoy

thanks we are blue - cecked out the laoise county web site, got the clubs names still involved in the A & B championships

also thanks shark
will be contacting Mullingar I'd say..
handy enough trip out that far from here.

was hoping kinnegad were still in it but obv not !