All Ireland SFC 2007 is for Kerry to lose it now

Started by LegalEagle, August 04, 2007, 06:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbyo

I think I'm right in saying that the 3/1 is for the Dublin game alone. If so I think they(Derry) are well worth it, I also hear Monaghan are 5/1 for the Kerry game, if this is true then I'll be going on that aswell, 6 week break and a less than impressive Munster championship makes for a possible upset IMO.

Maguire01

I have £20 on Monaghan myself. A very generous price methinks!

thejuice

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 04, 2007, 11:49:51 PM

i'd now probably rate Meath above Dublin.

woo nelly, i think thats going a bit too far!! We beat a seriously under-strenght and under performing Tyrone team, we were on the ropes but tyrone never delivered the knock out punch.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Barney

Backed Dublin at 5.7 on Betfair this morning. I think it may be there's to lose.

The big question is are Cork flattering to deceive. Can they lift their game against stronger opposition? If the Sligo game is a true reflection of their standing - where do Kerry stand this year? Have they the hunger, or will they hit the wall like a lot of champions. If they do the ball is in the court of the Pillar and if they can get to a final they will fancy their chances whoever they play.

Never thought I'd say it but its great to have Meath back. They add a lot to championship summers.

tyronechap

kerry being over conident already monahan are a good side and meath dublin or derry could beats ya no prob

yeahh no doubt yas have a good team but not good enough that it is a dun deal nowhere near

wait till yas get a hard team

Bogball XV

For some reason Cork are favs against Meath - I can't understand it at all.
PP are going Cork 5/6 and Meath 13/10????

Fear ón Srath Bán

One of the best displays I saw this year was Cork against Tyrone in Pairc Uí Rinn, and that performance from Cork would beat Meath, in my opinion.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

paddypastit

Fear, I'm surprised at you - League games are no measure of anything.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Jinxy

By that rationale we would comfortably beat Monaghan up a stick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: paddypastit on August 05, 2007, 02:11:09 PM
Fear, I'm surprised at you - League games are no measure of anything.

It was not the game per se Paddy, it was the whole package that Cork displayed that night, i.e., the potential they showed, which were it to be fully realised, would be too much for Meath, IMHO. It was a performance light years away from yesterday's, but Meath would be a team to bring it out in them again.

TBT

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mike Sheehy

Quote1-29 to 2-16 (combined)

Throw in 1986.....2-39 to 4-31

Kerry will never be at peace.

AI minor qtr final: Kerry 2-9 Tyrone 1-8

...feeling more and more at peace O'Neill..... ;D ;D ;D

tyronechap

four points 4 minors

2 points 4 senoirs

hardly anything major just were tyrones weekend we will be back 100%

Hound

I think the best chance Kerry have of losing is Monaghan. I think Monaghan have a right chance, and if they do, then the All Ireland will be blown right open. If Kerry can get by them, then I dont think they'll be beat.