GAA Childhood Heroes

Started by thejuice, August 03, 2007, 02:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Lots of us muppets played for the Mitchels.

(Had to get that out before anyone else said it)
MWWSI 2017

FL/MAYO

Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2007, 03:09:14 PM
Lots of us muppets played for the Mitchels.

(Had to get that out before anyone else said it)

A good friend of mine here in Florida played the the Mitchells in the nineties, from the Galway Roscommon border area.

muppet

Havo? Last I heard he was in Cavan.
MWWSI 2017

FL/MAYO

No, from the Williamstown area

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FL/MAYO on August 11, 2007, 01:18:34 PM
I would say it was around 20000, the place was not full if I remember correctly. It was a good game though, Nally lorded it at midfield, the ball just stuck to his hands.

We could do with a few Nallys nowadays so.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

QuoteNo, from the Williamstown area

You have me.
MWWSI 2017

Turlough O Carolan

I would say it was around 20000, the place was not full if I remember correctly. It was a good game though, Nally lorded it at midfield, the ball just stuck to his hands.

Would have to disagree with you that it was a good game. It was a very stop and start game, in fact there was actually 70 frees in that game. A minute of play didn't pass without some stoppage or other. I'm sure it was good from a Mayo perspective in that it was the first Connacht final victory since the late 60s. Sligo's defeat of Roscommon was the shock of that season. How times have changed!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on August 11, 2007, 08:43:28 PM

Would have to disagree with you that it was a good game. It was a very stop and start game, in fact there was actually 70 frees in that game. A minute of play didn't pass without some stoppage or other. I'm sure it was good from a Mayo perspective in that it was the first Connacht final victory since the late 60s. Sligo's defeat of Roscommon was the shock of that season. How times have changed!

You could be right about the game, but what stood out to me was the way Nally caught everything...well he seemed to anyway. Twenty six years ago how time flys, a few pints in the meantime seems to have affected the memory.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2007, 08:37:05 PM
QuoteNo, from the Williamstown area

You have me.

Muppet, I sent you a PM.

tyssam5

Frank McGuigan and em........ Pat Spillane.