DO U THINK WINDSOR PARK IS INTIMIDATING FOR CATHOLICS?

Started by mooncatiii, August 03, 2007, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DO YOU THINK WINDSOR PARK AND SURROUNDING AREA IS INTIMIDATING FOR CATHOLICS?

YES
NO

Rossfan

I presume I would be safe enough in Frenchpark St (Sráid Dún Gar) once i wore my Ros jersey. :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GweylTah

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 05:47:22 PM
Gwyltah - i havent been to casement, but many of my friends have offered to take me to a game - to say i wouldnt be welcome is simply untrue, there may be some dicks, but nearly every one i know who goes is fine with "prods"

Why not go yourself if and when the opportunity arises?  And good luck and be safe if you do, and keep the head down.  (It was noticeable that the BBC on their recent programme about Catholic and Protestant attitudes didn't risk taking the Linfield supporters to Casement, but rather to Clones - they were probably aware of their Duty of Care to participants in their programme.)

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on August 03, 2007, 07:23:46 PM
I presume I would be safe enough in Frenchpark St (Sráid Dún Gar) once i wore my Ros jersey. :)
That's good to hear.
I had a Gaelic kickabout with some friends on a Sunday morning in some public park near the University in the 80's, nearly started a riot after some nasty natives out for a walk with their bulldogs started to congregate and throw abuse, bottles, even some bulldog shite at us.
Some nice natives (probably the homosexuals) came over to us and told us very nicely that we must be out of our heads because some of the more nasty natives might start to arrive.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 03, 2007, 02:04:07 PM
Bad Poll, bad subject, dunno why you started it.  Are you just trying to grab attention by spouting your title in capitals.  How many times have you been to Windsor Park?  If you have been, how intimidating was it for you moon-whatever??

if u dont like it then f**k away of from th thread!  i was havin a debate and to get every elses opinion i started a poll so as i said go and f**k yourself if u dont like it!

I just dont know what your trying to prove here!!!You are asking if windsor park is intimidating for catholics on a GAA chat forum???!!!  Not hard to guess what the results of your poll are going to be eh sunshine????  i could have told you the outcome before you ever started this puke thread!! If you where to start this poll on OWC, what do you think the results would be???

U fuckwit
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nifan on August 03, 2007, 02:00:31 PM
I talked about the fact that the lisburn road area borders windsor park, you claimed that this was an intimidating area for catholics, i said many catholics lived there etc
that was the argument, have you forgotten it already.
The Lisburn road, particularly around that area, is a hole I'd be afraid to open my mouth in. (It was a few years ago though, has it changed?)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Smiler An Dun

i wouldnt say it's intimidating.  Boucher Road is grand as is Lisburn Road and that side of Tates Avenue.  WP is no worse than going to Shamrock Park, Mourneview Park, Coleraine Showgrounds just to name a few.  Celtic Park in Glasgow is more intimidating esp by Bridgeton Cross (on the London Road) and up by Loudens Tavern.

MW

Quote from: stew on August 03, 2007, 06:06:55 PM
I have been in WP a few times and the last time was enough for me and that was the Billy Bingham inciting a riot game against the Republic.

F**k me, there was a riot at the game? How did I miss that??

stew

Billy Bingham was a disgrace the night they played Ireland, the atmosphere was hateful and he added to the mix with his antics on the sideline. I thought we were going to get killed. I went to that game as someone who pulled for each team when they werent playing one another but came away from it with hate in my heart for the north and Bingham for his theatrics.

I had always respected Bingham up to that point, he was a bit pompous and hoity toity but seemed like a decent skin, that game changed my perspective of both him and his team.

As I said on numerous occasions things seem to have improved and I have moved on from the initial shock at the level of hatred the supporters of the north held for Catholics. The landscape has changed and they have evolved but not to the level of were the owc crew on here suggest they have.

I would go back for a look see but I wouldnt spend a penny to watch them, I would go in late and stay for a while and see for myself what improvements have been made but even then unless they played the ROI in a meaningful game we might never know if things have improved, after all they did abuse a linesman from the republic about a year or so ago so they arent all that evolved are they?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on August 03, 2007, 06:45:55 PM
I have been in WP a few times and the last time was enough for me and that was the Billy Bingham inciting a riot game against the Republic. I have never experienced a worse atmosphere in my life and vowed never to return.
stew

You're getting as bad as Tony, there's no point repeating lies that have long since been shown to be complete and utter bollix. As you are well aware Billy Bingham never incited anybody, that night or any other time. A quieter, nicer, gentleman (in the old fashioned sense of the word) you could never hope to meet and the fact that fcukwits like yourself try to drag his name through the gutter is sickening.
12 or so years on I think that things have improved although that would not be hard but I think I would give it a go if I was home and somebody gave me a free ticket and I had nothing better to do, mind you I wouldnt walk in until the game was underway. ;)
Knob.

I am not trying to drag anybodies name through the gutter, it is my opinion that Bingham let himself down that night and if he missed the fact that the atmosphere was dreadful he was stupid to boot, his behaviour on the touchline agitated the crowd even more, I was there sammy, I saw and felt this for myself and it is my opinion.

I know a lot of people who thought Bingham let himself down that night, there are plenty of people who agree with me Samuel so I was not lying samuel, i was offering you my perception, my opinion and that was all, this is a discussion board is it not????

One last thing samuel, after some of the lies you have told around here you would do well to shut your mouth on that score because you are one of the biggest liars on the board. That again is just my opinion/perception of you samuel.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on August 05, 2007, 07:49:53 PMI am not trying to drag anybodies name through the gutter, it is my opinion that Bingham let himself down that night and if he missed the fact that the atmosphere was dreadful he was stupid to boot, his behaviour on the touchline agitated the crowd even more, I was there sammy, I saw and felt this for myself and it is my opinion.
You can't have seen it because it never happened. You are a liar, end of story.
Quote from: stew on August 05, 2007, 07:49:53 PM
I know a lot of people who thought Bingham let himself down that night, there are plenty of people who agree with me Samuel so I was not lying samuel, i was offering you my perception, my opinion and that was all, this is a discussion board is it not????

Where any of the people at the match or do they form there opinion based on shite from people like yourself and TF.
One last thing samuel, after some of the lies you have told around here you would do well to shut your mouth on that score because you are one of the biggest liars on the board. That again is just my opinion/perception of you samuel.
Brilliant response, you get caught bullshitting so you call me a liar. I don't suppose you can remind us of some of these lies, I'm supposed to have told.

MW

Quote from: stew on August 05, 2007, 07:39:10 PM
Billy Bingham was a disgrace the night they played Ireland, the atmosphere was hateful and he added to the mix with his antics on the sideline. I thought we were going to get killed. I went to that game as someone who pulled for each team when they werent playing one another but came away from it with hate in my heart for the north and Bingham for his theatrics.

This 'riot' of which you talked, when did that take place? As for Billy Bingham, encouraging his supporters during the singing of "One Team in Ireland" is hardly a capital offence in any reasonable person's book...

Quoteafter all they did abuse a linesman from the republic about a year or so ago so they arent all that evolved are they?

Did 'they' indeed?

stew

Quote from: SammyG on August 05, 2007, 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: stew on August 05, 2007, 07:49:53 PMI am not trying to drag anybodies name through the gutter, it is my opinion that Bingham let himself down that night and if he missed the fact that the atmosphere was dreadful he was stupid to boot, his behaviour on the touchline agitated the crowd even more, I was there sammy, I saw and felt this for myself and it is my opinion.
You can't have seen it because it never happened. You are a liar, end of story.

Where any of the people at the match or do they form there opinion based on shite from people like yourself and TF.
Brilliant response, you get caught bullshitting so you call me a liar. I don't suppose you can remind us of some of these lies, I'm supposed to have told.

I was not caught bullshitting sammy. And I will remind you of the liar that you are.

A few weeks ago you lied when you denied that marty from owc had posted that anyone who posted on the owc forum would be barred if they commented before the end of the England game when they hammered the six 4-0. You were called out on that and there was also a thread about the glentoran supporters club thread where a young woman was killed and you lied through your teeth on that thread to sammy but there were some of us on here who knew the facts and knew you to be the liar you are.

As for MW. there was no riot, poor wording on my part, Bingham made the atmosphere more dangerous for us Catholics in the crowd with his actions again that is my opinion and that of others. I was with 5 other lads and four of them had the same opinion as I did, the other one is a cousin of mine and a left footer and huge north supporter, he disagreed with us. As for the rest of the people who mentioned Bingham and there were many, I do not know if they were at the game or not, my best guess would be no because they would have nothing to do with owc because of the fact that wp was a very unwelcoming place back in the day.

Awec

This poll would have been better titled 'Do you think windsor park is still intimidating for catholics', to which the answer must be no. I won't deny it was years ago, but nowadays, if you find it intimidating, you're having a laugh. :)

MW

Quote from: stew on August 05, 2007, 09:08:10 PMAs for MW. there was no riot, poor wording on my part, Bingham made the atmosphere more dangerous for us Catholics in the crowd with his actions again that is my opinion and that of others. I was with 5 other lads and four of them had the same opinion as I did, the other one is a cousin of mine and a left footer and huge north supporter, he disagreed with us. As for the rest of the people who mentioned Bingham and there were many, I do not know if they were at the game or not, my best guess would be no because they would have nothing to do with owc because of the fact that wp was a very unwelcoming place back in the day.

What exactly did you see Bingham doing? ??? (And from where?)

mooncatiii

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 03, 2007, 10:03:46 PM
Quote from: mooncatiii on August 03, 2007, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 03, 2007, 02:04:07 PM
Bad Poll, bad subject, dunno why you started it.  Are you just trying to grab attention by spouting your title in capitals.  How many times have you been to Windsor Park?  If you have been, how intimidating was it for you moon-whatever??

if u dont like it then f**k away of from th thread!  i was havin a debate and to get every elses opinion i started a poll so as i said go and f**k yourself if u dont like it!

I just dont know what your trying to prove here!!!You are asking if windsor park is intimidating for catholics on a GAA chat forum???!!!  Not hard to guess what the results of your poll are going to be eh sunshine????  i could have told you the outcome before you ever started this puke thread!! If you where to start this poll on OWC, what do you think the results would be???

U fuckwit

that was the point, do catholics think it is intimidating...if i started it on the OWC how many catholics would have answered?! "u fuckwit"  way back to your wheelchair
shazam