Pick one song that you hate with a passion and give the reason

Started by FL/MAYO, August 02, 2007, 01:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

What was that one? ... about the time of the Berlin Wall coming down?? Oh yeah! "Down to Gorky Park ETC" - THE WINDS OF CHANGE !! ... MULLETS, WAVING LIGHTERS AND crrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppp! Also ...   The Final Countdown!! Europe ("WE'RE HEADING FOR VENUS??.. pity your fukcing spaceship didn't hit Mars, ye's batsards!!!).... know a guy went to see them in the Ulster Hall and literally everyone stood about waiting for the encore (the final countdown) as the rest was unknown shite ...(also your woman who sings the Umbrella song is coming to the Odyssey... talk about dining out on four minutes of dirge) .. don't start me... the Undertones 'My Perfect Cousin' - "He thinks that I'm a cabbage cos I hate University Challenge" - and old Fergal got that to rhyme.. I ask you? And Lisa Stansfield "been around the world and I, I, I, can't find my baby" - Pity it wasn't the fckign Titanic you were sailing on ... she was ignorant to me in a bar in Dublin once..told her she was shite...! Aon focail eile??  ... I'd foicing gas yer man! Discuss!

ONeill

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 14, 2007, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2007, 10:16:04 AM
YMCA - hate the pressure of being the only one not interested in doing the movements.....(not homophobic or closeted)

There's another one 'The Time Warp'. Feck away aff and let me enjoy me stout.

ONeill, what about Rock the boat?Another pile of dung where you may be pressurised into the movements!!!!!  When you dont take part you are seen as a stick in the mud....but personally ill rather been seen as that than a bollocks lined up sitting on the floor rocking back and forth!!!

Nail on the feckin head there. Some blade took me to her formal in Cookstown a right few years ago. They all started doing it. I had to join in but hadn't a clue what I was meant to do. Started looking for eels.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

GSTQ - makes me sick when I hear it, hence I don't listen to it!
Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

Celtic fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone and Liverpool fans singing their version of Fields of Athenry always pisses me off
You'll Never Walk Alone.

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on August 15, 2007, 02:37:05 PM
Quote from: longball on August 15, 2007, 02:30:22 PM
i hate that one foot loose with a passion
Great song, great show!
::)
That feckin Macarena or whatever to hell it's called. People pulling ye up to the dancefloor to stand around like a spare one.
I don't know the moves and I don't ever want to you numpty.

Anyone remember Cotton Eye Joe...God thats was crap
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

....anything by Garth Brooks or Meat Loaf. Sorry, I'm just not a chicken in a basket, Irish country music loving yokel that sings 'I've got friends in low places' at the drop of a stetson.

Also, 'Walkin' in Memphis' - meaningless shite.

And, of course, James the Cnut Blunt.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on August 15, 2007, 03:06:39 PM
....anything by Garth Brooks or Meat Loaf. Sorry, I'm just not a chicken in a basket, Irish country music loving yokel that sings 'I've got friends in low places' at the drop of a stetson.

Also, 'Walkin' in Memphis' - meaningless shite.

And, of course, James the Cnut Blunt.

G Brooks and Meatloaf Rock!!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

inisceithleann

House of Pain - Jump Around. This song has been played to death. It was always being played in Mandela Hall and you had drunken eejets bouncing about when it came on tossing drink all over you. What a shite song.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Laoislad, I bet you go line dancing  :D

Here, and add in 'American Pie' whilst you're at it. 9 minutes of unintelligible muck.

But, here, no way should My perfect cousin be in there...that cabbage/challenge rhyme is a classic, not to mention sheepskin jacket/my ma says it cost a packet.

Undertones were class.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

The Real Laoislad

LineDancing hasn't reached Laois yet we are still doing the Birdie Dance!
can't stand american pie either
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: hardstation on August 15, 2007, 02:52:53 PM
That congratulations one that was played when Kilkenny won the All Ireland a few years ago.
It's played at weddings and birthday parties. This is another one that when your sitting having a nice pint, some fecker grabs you up to form a circle and walk in and out like a clown. The worst bit about this is that when it's over, they try and keep you up dancing for the next song. You then stand there like the most anti-social person in the world (which I probably am) while these eejits dance like mad to 9-5 or something. It just makes you want to go home.

I have been there meself.. weddings are a personal hate!!!! --- Macarena! Women dancing the 'Slush'???????????? I'm not a radical or violent man but I think that anyone below the age of forty who dances at weddings should be shot dead! - also.... My Perfect Cousin! Come on!!! "His mother bought a syn-thee-sizer .. got the Human League in to advise her.." okay, so corny it's good. Again I'm not a radical but if I had a cousin like that Kevin fella, I'd just gas the basstrad! 

man in black

Another one that makes regular appearances at wedding is the one that goes "slide to the right, slide to the left, 2 hops this time" And all the morons join in on the dance routine (and know every fuckin move)
>:(
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Hurler on the Bitch

Also - weddings... I know of people who go along just so as they can sing a wee number when called. The fooking think they are brilliant!! 'Great wee chanters' ... bellocks! "She wears my Ring" ???? why has she none of her feckin own? ... "You're such a good looking Woman" - feck me! have you seen the state of some of the mongrels their married to? and the women... "Did you ever know that you're my hero" ... again, i'm a pacifist by nature but...........................

Hurler on the Bitch

Sorry it's me again .. I know this fecker goes around all the clubs in the Falls Road dressed as Garth Brooks waiting to be called up for a song.... Sure enough! fookin guitar and all and when he is eventually called - after much begging on his behalf - hands over a CD an starts to mime and pretend to play the guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    The worst thing is that he's probably about 26 stone and doesn't really understand why people are taking the piss - seems he does it for weddings - turns up and worms his way into the reception...