Pick one song that you hate with a passion and give the reason

Started by FL/MAYO, August 02, 2007, 01:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Most songs played at a Wedding are usually corny and embarrassing.

Congratulations
Rock the Boat
Jive Bunny Medley
Souped up  versions of Seven Drunked Nights, Dirty old town, Fields of Athenry!

Funny how people seem to lack self respect when they go to weddings and will dance to any auld sh1te. It's like the music is sh1te but we have to make an effort for the Bride and groom (Which i understand). I suppose that's what happens when you play music to entertain everybody!

CiKe

gotta agree with House of Pain Jump Around. Certainly the song that has most annoyed me over the last number of years. Crap altogther and as pointed out already you're bound to get at least half a pint over you each time this shite comes on

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thon dance / trance rubbish. No words just some p***k with a set of headphones attempting to deafen anybody in the place. Give me a bit of cheesy shite anyday!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 19, 2007, 01:03:30 AM
Thon dance / trance rubbish. No words just some p***k with a set of headphones attempting to deafen anybody in the place. Give me a bit of cheesy shite anyday!

Jeeze you're right there tacadoir, I can't stand any of that shite!

QuoteHere, and add in 'American Pie' whilst you're at it. 9 minutes of unintelligible muck.
Wtf?  One of the greatest songs ever wrote!  How is it unintelligible?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bud Wiser

I used to be involved in a Pirate Radio Station one time and we had a DJ who would play long songs because he wanted to be able to run into the shop next door and smoke. The Allman Brothers had a track about 15 minutes long and one night we went in the station on the way home and we nailed it to the wall over the desk and put a big note under it saying  "Play this fu***ng thing again and you are sacked" because we had told him several times.  He could not resist the temptation though and got fecked out.

QuoteAlso - weddings... I know of people who go along just so as they can sing a wee number when called.

I was up there on Thursday in Hollywood, Cullendon something or other at a wedding and people got up and sang A Nation Once Again, and a lot of the Wolf Tones stuff and it was great craic.  The band were a ballad group too.  One girl got up and sang "Michael" (Collins) and a few more, lets say patriotic numbers and she was great.  Unfortunately, yesterday as we moved further along the coast, after Sambo McNaughtons in Cushendall, around Causway and Portrush the locals didn't seem to like our repertoire at all.

I offered one of them tickets for todays game just so he could go and see a gaelic football match and you would think the look I got it was a f**king cyanide tablet I was offering him. We stopped singing after that and headed back.

J70

Lads, post the bloody song titles so we don't have to click on every youtube link just to see what you're talking about!

J70

Quote from: fearglasmor on August 08, 2007, 10:19:45 AM
Prefab Sprout

Cant recall the name of the song, cars and girls maybe,  but it was one where they tried to take the piss out of Bruce Springsteens music.

As a Boss fan I hate it with a vengance. Where the feck are prefab sprout now. Vegetables.    >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

A bit sensitive, aren't you? ;D

I take it you didn't like Tweeter and The Monkey Man either?

J70

Quote from: Stay goalside of your man on August 14, 2007, 11:52:48 AM
Ireland's Call for obvious reasons.

I was drinking in a pub in Adelaide after the Ireland v Argentina match at the last rugby world cup and some members of the Irish team where drinking there as well.
This fella I know went up to Shane Horgan and abused him from a height about singing Irelands call only a few hours earlier during the pre match ceremony.

I didn't know wither to laugh at your man for having the neck to do it or tell him to stop, Horgan didn't know what to make of your man.

Don't see anything obvious at all as to why one would hate Ireland's Call. The rugby team is a 32 county team, not a 26 county one.

Your mate is an idiot.

slow corner back

Quote from: J70 on August 19, 2007, 02:45:37 PM

I was drinking in a pub in Adelaide after the Ireland v Argentina match at the last rugby world cup and some members of the Irish team where drinking there as well.
This fella I know went up to Shane Horgan and abused him from a height about singing Irelands call only a few hours earlier during the pre match ceremony.

I didn't know wither to laugh at your man for having the neck to do it or tell him to stop, Horgan didn't know what to make of your man.

Don't see anything obvious at all as to why one would hate Ireland's Call. The rugby team is a 32 county team, not a 26 county one.

Your mate is an idiot.

Perhaps he is a music fan, Irelands Call is a dirge

J70

Quote from: slow corner back on August 19, 2007, 06:40:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 19, 2007, 02:45:37 PM

Your mate is an idiot.

Perhaps he is a music fan, Irelands Call is a dirge

Yer man abused a player for singing Ireland's Call because he didn't like the actual song and not because of the political objections? So if he thought it was a stirring anthem he would have had no problem? I see...

ExiledGael

That Fergie song 'Big girls don't cry'.
Absolutely hate it and it's never off the air, that one stupid line makes me squirm every time I hear it - "and I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket"

seafoid

The Subbie

stew

Final countdown is STILL the worst abomination of a song of all time for me, the lyrics are shite, the music cheesy and that **** that singing sounds like his ballix is getting cut off with a blunt razor! God awful Dirge.

As for the best song, there are too many good ones to mention from Springsteen to the Stones.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Farrandeelin

Anything from Nicki Minaj or however you spell her name...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.