Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Gnevin on July 31, 2007, 03:59:43 PM
If your not interested in talking about Dublin V Derry then f**k off . I'm sick to god of these who's a bandwagoner , who's a scumbags posts .If you want to have your childish aren't we great, dubs are gay (snicker)  post go start a new thread .

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sarry bud, I think yisser bleedin' deadly wha'? I tink if ya stick Keano from striker to corner forward and push Whelo from Midfield to Centre half yis will defo have dem wha'?

Relax man! And anyway I'm not saying the Dubs are gay... just Nortsoiders!! ;D

Northside Dub

Ok..enough of this childish shite, back to the dicussion about the game!

Anyone actually think pillar will have the balls to drop Casey for Brennan or will he stay faithful to him?

Will Bonner get in after his performance in the championship for Brigids?

Team id like to see start would be

Clucko

Henry  McConnell  Griffin

Cahill   Cullen  Brennan

Whelan  Ryan

Bonner  A Brogan  Moran

B Brogan Keaney  Vaughan

Using Jayo as an impact sub, what do ya think?
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

screenexile

My Derry Team v Dubs (Wha')

Gillis (Lucky to still be there IMO)
Lockhart
McCloy
McGuckin
McEldowney
O'Kane
McGoldrick (If fit, I would have McBride in if not but I think Hinphey would get the nod from the Mgt)
Doc
Conway
Lynch
Murphy (If Fit, if not I'd have Bradley but I think Diver would be put there)
Gilligan
Muldoon (Roving)
Bradley
Devlin

Can't see Eoin Bradley starting but as one of my mates said it might be an idea to use him as an impact sub and I think he would do well coming in against a Dubs team that usually burns itself out too quickly.

orangeman

Good pint there about impact sub and Bradley ok - it would suit ok -

his holiness nb

Quote from: Northside Dub on July 31, 2007, 04:31:26 PM

Anyone actually think pillar will have the balls to drop Casey for Brennan or will he stay faithful to him?

Clucko

Cahill   Cullen  Brennan

Whelan  Ryan

Bonner  A Brogan  Moran

B Brogan Keaney  Vaughan

Looks good to me
Ask me holy bollix

marty88

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 04:35:24 PM

Lockhart
McCloy
McGuckin
McEldowney
O'Kane
McGoldrick (If fit, I would have McBride in if not but I think Hinphey would get the nod from the Mgt)
Doc
Conway
Lynch
Gilligan
Muldoon (Roving)
Bradley
Devlin

Can't see Eoin Bradley starting but as one of my mates said it might be an idea to use him as an impact sub and I think he would do well coming in against a Dubs team that usually burns itself out too quickly.

i think it would be a big mistake to play diver as a half forward, i dont think we would be mobile enough it we did.

Who else is there to play in nets?
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Bogball XV

this'd be just the game that cocky fcuker skinner would love - i reckon he'd be worth about 2-2 from the bench - actually, probably more like 4-0 as I can't see him trying for anything other than goals in this one.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: marty88 on July 31, 2007, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 04:35:24 PM

Lockhart
McCloy
McGuckin
McEldowney
O'Kane
Doc
Conway
Lynch
Gilligan
Muldoon (Roving)
Bradley
Devlin

i think it would be a big mistake to play diver as a half forward, i dont think we would be mobile enough it we did.

Who else is there to play in nets?

what bradley would you play if murphy is not fit?

as far diver not being mobile enough :o,he has many faults but mobility is certainly not one of them,i would go as far to say he would be the quickest player on the panel,he certainly is in bellaghy and that includes doc

DUBSFORSAM1

Clucko

Cahill   Cullen  Brennan

Whelan  Ryan

Bonner  A Brogan  Moran

B Brogan Keaney  Vaughan

Bonners performance was as a full forward so if being picked that is where he has to play....I would leave Jayo on though to provide the link and his intelligence will be a serious test for all the Derry half back line....I would have Brogan in at full forward with B Brogan out at wing forward....Casey will play and if not doing well will be replaced...

Gnevin

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 05:35:59 PM

Clucko

Henry  McConnell  Griffin

Cahill   Cullen  Brennan

Whelan  Ryan

Bonner  A Brogan  Moran

B Brogan Keaney  Vaughan

Bonners performance was as a full forward so if being picked that is where he has to play....I would leave Jayo on though to provide the link and his intelligence will be a serious test for all the Derry half back line....I would have Brogan in at full forward with B Brogan out at wing forward....Casey will play and if not doing well will be replaced...
I dont expect any major shocks ,still think there is a place on the team for Quinn. Did very well when he came on against Laois.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hound

Disagree totally about their being a place on the team for Quinn. He's not good enough to play half forward, and while he's a very good corner forward, there are better options.

I think the team will be unchanged. Agree with dubsforsam that sherlock should start for his link play, and that Casey will be taken off if not performing (in casey's defence, while parkinson got the better of him the last day, he battled away gamely and I dont think Cahill or Brennan would have done any better).

Bonner probably won't start but will be the first forward brought on. Its good to have a Plan B.

johnpower

Cant see Quinn starting in fairness he did do well in the Leinster final but the game was won by the time he came on , I think Bonner may start for his physical pressence

corn02

Is the Rackard Cup final on beforehand Ticketmaster says sold out, is that right or are more being released?

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on July 31, 2007, 08:16:04 PM
Is the Rackard Cup final on beforehand Ticketmaster says sold out, is that right or are more being released?
No more tickets to be released for general sale. They've all been allocated to competing counties. There may be another release of tickets to ticketmaster, but only in the unlikely event of a county sending tickets back.

Rav67

the derry support would have been at least double for the armagh game if oxegen hadnt been on that weekend, the amount of derry people down at it was ridiculous i doubt any county had more