Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilly

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 03:35:03 PM
Quote from: Dilly on July 31, 2007, 03:22:55 PM
Anyone who lives in Dublin will know that it is quite accurate.  You would think that with all the marching powder consumed, they should have no problem getting into the ground on time !   ;D

Great first post  :o

First post,  what ya on about lad, its just a new screen name.   welcome to the wonders of the hyper-global-inter-mega-net  

his holiness nb

Why scrap your old name and create a new one?
Either banned previously or something to hide?

Ask me holy bollix

Drumanee 1

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 03:35:19 PM
QuoteScreen there have been approx 60k+ at the Dublin matches from the first round..a lot of them will lose out this time...

Just as a point of interest... how many of these 60k have been to a Dublin Club game in the last 10 years???????

Having played in both Dublin and Derry I can easily say that Club Football in Derry is better supported than club football in Dublin! So this whole bandwagon thing is a bit rich coming from the skangers ;)

80% of the dub supporters in the hill put there shells,bo's and shamrock jerseys in one draw and pull out there dub jersey from another

his holiness nb

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on July 31, 2007, 03:49:18 PM
80% of the dub supporters in the hill put there shells,bo's and shamrock jerseys in one draw and pull out there dub jersey from another

While you pull out your fishing rod Drum  ;)

Ask me holy bollix

Dilly

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 03:48:06 PM

Its the beauty of the Internet, you can change anything when you get bored with it.

You have 815 posts, you need to get out and actually goto a game once in a while, get away from the message boards, it will do you good
catch some of those summer rays, maybe even get a girl, .....no thats asking too much.    ;D

his holiness nb

I spend my time on here at work, beats actually working!!

I havent missed a league or championship game this year (well 1 league game) for Dublin and play in all my clubs games.
What makes you think I need to go to more games?
Also, I'm happily married thanks very much.

Are you done with the personal attacks?

Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dilly on July 31, 2007, 03:50:51 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 03:48:06 PM
Its the beauty of the Internet, you can change anything when you get bored with it.
You have 815 posts, you need to get out and actually goto a game once in a while, get away from the message boards, it will do you good
catch some of those summer rays, maybe even get a girl, .....no thats asking too much.    ;D

aye and when you have been married for a while, you'll be back on here posting like a manaic.......

screenexile

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 03:43:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 03:35:19 PM
Having played in both Dublin and Derry I can easily say that Club Football in Derry is better supported than club football in Dublin! So this whole bandwagon thing is a bit rich coming from the skangers;)

The bandwagon argument is stupid no matter what teams point of view, of feckin course Derry have more interest now, if Dublin hadnt won a Leinster game in 5 years and were playing Wicklow in the first round they ground wouldnt be half full, its all about success and the interest FROM EVERY COUNTY grows as the championship progresses.
This is the same in every sport too.

Re the "skangers" comments, are you referring to us all there?

There's no way that there has been any more than 15,000 at a Dublin cship final!

We are being accused of not being true gaels and being bandwagon supporters which is a load of crap when club football in Derry is thriving. Yes there is a certain hostility towards the county team by a few but ultimately Derry people love their football and for people to say that we don't deserve at least 10k tickets for this match when we have 2 teams playing and Dublin will have at least 55k supporters is scandellous.

As for our lack of support there is this theory that you can only go to the well so many times. I remember my father and my uncles wouldn't have missed a match for about 10 years between 91 and 2001. It does cost a lot to follow a division 1 team around the country and it's simply not feasible to carry on that type of support forever which has been witnessed in recent times by Tyrone and Armagh support dropping from what it has been previously. Add that to a team that isn't performing consistently and it's going to lead to a drop in attendances for any county.

Dilly

I am sorry for making people cry aftre only a few posts  :::giggle:::    ;D

Better get back to the topic of Football

Dilly

Being a country fella, I have to say that in the League, the best game to goto is against the Dub's they always bring the best
support, no matter what time of year, hail, sleat or snow.  Always a good atmosphere.

Gnevin

If your not interested in talking about Dublin V Derry then f**k off . I'm sick to god of these who's a bandwagoner , who's a scumbags posts .If you want to have your childish aren't we great, dubs are gay (snicker)  post go start a new thread .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 03:56:16 PM
There's no way that there has been any more than 15,000 at a Dublin cship final!

I never said there was  :-\
Sure Parnell couldnt hold that many  ;)

We are being accused of not being true gaels and being bandwagon supporters which is a load of crap when club football in Derry is thriving. Yes there is a certain hostility towards the county team by a few but ultimately Derry people love their football and for people to say that we don't deserve at least 10k tickets for this match when we have 2 teams playing and Dublin will have at least 55k supporters is scandellous.

Re being accused of not being a true gael, try being a Dub on here!!
Incidentally I never said you dont deserve 10K tickets, I actually think you should get more.

As for our lack of support there is this theory that you can only go to the well so many times. I remember my father and my uncles wouldn't have missed a match for about 10 years between 91 and 2001. It does cost a lot to follow a division 1 team around the country and it's simply not feasible to carry on that type of support forever which has been witnessed in recent times by Tyrone and Armagh support dropping from what it has been previously. Add that to a team that isn't performing consistently and it's going to lead to a drop in attendances for any county.

I fully agree and never said otherwise  :-\

Think your responding to the wrong Dub here  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: Dilly on July 31, 2007, 03:59:25 PM
Being a country fella, I have to say that in the League, the best game to goto is against the Dub's they always bring the best
support, no matter what time of year, hail, sleat or snow.  Always a good atmosphere.

Hey, dont be at it again  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2007, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 03:30:29 PM
Lynchboy
Was going to the Monaghan matches in the mid-80's when they were contesting Centenary Cup finals, leafue finals, All-Ireland semi-finals etc...so been around a while.....
Screen there have been approx 60k+ at the Dublin matches from the first round..a lot of them will lose out this time...
Anyway delighted to have my tickets sorted now..
therefore I cannot understand how you could say sucha thing as prev - unless you wrote without actually thinking about it.
I am sure you will admit that you may have not fully thought this out
All throughout the early 80's and onwards - any northern team that came down to contest croke park national league finals (as in Down v Armagh in 1982 was it?) to all Ireland semi finals (Tyrone, Monaghan, Derry ) - they had fans packed to the rafters- far outnumbering the Kerry, Galway, Dubs, Offaly etc fans of the day
do you not think?
Lynchboy

Thats when they were close to winning something....not for other games though...

orangeman

Let's get back to the game lads ! Will Eoin Bradley start this game - he looks like a big game player and one that Derry could be doing with !