Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 31, 2007, 02:17:44 PM
I think a few of you mexicans should be getting off yourf high horse's and look at the facts >:(

1. Northern teams in general have the best traveling support
2. You don't see any other fan base except Dublin delaying a match because they thought "ah yeah we'll get another blue WKD before we head"
3. Don't get me started on the "heavey snow" that is forcasted for hill 16!! (you all know what i mean)
4. Another valid point is that a huge number of Derry people are now living and working in Dublin at the minute, therefore i expect a very good turn out!

1. Northern teams in general have the best traveling support - well for a couple of years they did cause for once they were doing well for a change....
2 - The delays are due to the number of fans attending and the capability of Croke Park to get fans in....In most other grounds the crowds are far smaller so less risk of a problem with fans arriving late...and its the Guards that stop the games......ONLY 1 GAME DELAYED THIS YEAR...
3 - Yeah a few bad apples - happens everywhere
4 - You mean bandwagon supporters who never go to any other game!!!!

Drumanee 1

dont no what the big deal is about tickets and if the people who get them are ardent gaa people,the two counties involved get there alocation from croke park and the county boards then forward them on to the clubs so basically clubs members (genuine gaa supporters) will get a ticket for the match.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 02:36:12 PM
1. Northern teams in general have the best traveling support - well for a couple of years they did cause for once they were doing well for a change....
Not sure you have been around that long yourself given this comment

Northern teams alwyas have had a fantastic and fanatical support with the possible exception of Derry who after the early 90's seems to have dropped in attendance rather than gained - obv some felt that we had experienced enough success and it was christian of us to allow others to see games and win the trophies...

but def you couldnt be more wrong with your comment on the rest of the northern teams

Got 4 tickets this morning from ticketmaster
one prob spare in case someone I know might be looking for one

I still could get into the prem section yet too...

his holiness nb

This is a silly row, everyone deserving of a ticket will get one.
The "heavy snow" on the Hill comments are just childish  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

screenexile

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 02:06:45 PM
Screen - cause they are taking tickets from people who have been going all championbship...as teh comment in the Irish News today - "Derry fans only come out when there is a sniff of glory"...
I was at the replay and the beautiful day/free entry attracted lots more people but there was no way 17k Derry fans at that match...

I never said there were 17k Derry supporters. You must've misread me but there was 17k total at the match and Derry were by no means outnumbered on the day. I don't see how you can begrudge us 10,000 tickets when there will easily be 50,000 Dubs there and we've 2 teams playing!

Marty_mcd

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 03:15:30 PM

Childish.... maybe...... Can't argue that it ain't true tho

Dilly

Anyone who lives in Dublin will know that it is quite accurate.  You would think that with all the marching powder consumed, they should have no problem getting into the ground on time !   ;D

DUBSFORSAM1

Lynchboy

Was going to the Monaghan matches in the mid-80's when they were contesting Centenary Cup finals, leafue finals, All-Ireland semi-finals etc...so been around a while.....

Screen there have been approx 60k+ at the Dublin matches from the first round..a lot of them will lose out this time...

Anyway delighted to have my tickets sorted now..

Bogball XV

Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 31, 2007, 03:20:11 PM

Well, actually it was in the SINDO/INDO so chances are it wasn't true.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 31, 2007, 03:20:11 PM

A small minority of scumbags yes, but you paint it like every second one of us will be at it  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: Dilly on July 31, 2007, 03:22:55 PM
Anyone who lives in Dublin will know that it is quite accurate.  You would think that with all the marching powder consumed, they should have no problem getting into the ground on time !   ;D

Great first post  :o
Ask me holy bollix

screenexile

QuoteScreen there have been approx 60k+ at the Dublin matches from the first round..a lot of them will lose out this time...

Just as a point of interest... how many of these 60k have been to a Dublin Club game in the last 10 years???????

Having played in both Dublin and Derry I can easily say that Club Football in Derry is better supported than club football in Dublin! So this whole bandwagon thing is a bit rich coming from the skangers ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2007, 03:30:29 PM
Lynchboy
Was going to the Monaghan matches in the mid-80's when they were contesting Centenary Cup finals, leafue finals, All-Ireland semi-finals etc...so been around a while.....
Screen there have been approx 60k+ at the Dublin matches from the first round..a lot of them will lose out this time...
Anyway delighted to have my tickets sorted now..
therefore I cannot understand how you could say sucha thing as prev - unless you wrote without actually thinking about it.
I am sure you will admit that you may have not fully thought this out
All throughout the early 80's and onwards - any northern team that came down to contest croke park national league finals (as in Down v Armagh in 1982 was it?) to all Ireland semi finals (Tyrone, Monaghan, Derry ) - they had fans packed to the rafters- far outnumbering the Kerry, Galway, Dubs, Offaly etc fans of the day
do you not think?

his holiness nb

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 03:35:19 PM
Having played in both Dublin and Derry I can easily say that Club Football in Derry is better supported than club football in Dublin! So this whole bandwagon thing is a bit rich coming from the skangers;)

The bandwagon argument is stupid no matter what teams point of view, of feckin course Derry have more interest now, if Dublin hadnt won a Leinster game in 5 years and were playing Wicklow in the first round they ground wouldnt be half full, its all about success and the interest FROM EVERY COUNTY grows as the championship progresses.
This is the same in every sport too.

Re the "skangers" comments, are you referring to us all there?
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2007, 03:35:19 PM
Just as a point of interest... how many of these 60k have been to a Dublin Club game in the last 10 years???????

Judging by crowds at club championship games, numbers of registered players in Dublin and the amount of people helping out on juvenile teams around the county, I'd say more than you think. Obviously there are some that havent, same with everyone  ::)

This argument is getting old  :-[
Ask me holy bollix