Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Kevin McCloy is a major doubt for the Q-Final. He has a very badly fractured finger that was initially damaged against Mayo and got another bad knock very early on against Laois. This might go someway to explaining his hesitant pperformance under the high ball. If the game was next weekend he would definelty not be able to play and they are hoping another weeks healing time might be enough for him but his chances are less than 50/50 at the minute.

stew

Best of luck to Derry and they will need it, I can see the durty dubs getting a few handy free's to help them on their way.

Derry have the beating of Dublin and I  hope they do but it will be close. prediction Derry 1-11 dublin 1-9.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ExiledGael

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 30, 2007, 09:46:01 PM
Kevin McCloy is a major doubt for the Q-Final. He has a very badly fractured finger that was initially damaged against Mayo and got another bad knock very early on against Laois. This might go someway to explaining his hesitant pperformance under the high ball. If the game was next weekend he would definelty not be able to play and they are hoping another weeks healing time might be enough for him but his chances are less than 50/50 at the minute.

Didn't hear this anywhere, huge blow if true, has been a massive player for them so far this year, his strength would be a major loss against the Dubs

Hound

Quote from: Oak Leafer on July 30, 2007, 09:05:50 PM
I hope Derry won this game, if only to wipe the smug look off that Tommy Lyons f**kers face!! Maybe then him and the ignorant Pat Spillane will give big Anthony a chance to say somethin!
Tohill didnt hesitate in interrupting and contradicting Lyons last weekend, when Lyons was criticising Derry for moving the ball too slowly. I dont think he needs anybody's help in standing up for himself.

Marty_mcd

Quote from: Hound on July 31, 2007, 08:31:40 AM
I hope Derry won this game, if only to wipe the smug look off that Tommy Lyons f**kers face!! Maybe then him and the ignorant Pat Spillane will give big Anthony a chance to say somethin!
Tohill didnt hesitate in interrupting and contradicting Lyons last weekend, when Lyons was criticising Derry for moving the ball too slowly. I dont think he needs anybody's help in standing up for himself.

You're right there hound he didn't really hesitate, he just couldn't get a word in with both Lyons and Spillane bitching about the Game.  From all accounts i heard that it was a brilliant match if you were there!  I heard this from a number of people!

his holiness nb

I hope Derry won this game, if only to wipe the smug look off that Tommy Lyons f**kers face!!

Jaysus I'd nearly cheer for Derry myself to see that  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Bogball XV

Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 31, 2007, 08:58:53 AM

You're right there hound he didn't really hesitate, he just couldn't get a word in with both Lyons and Spillane bitching about the Game.  From all accounts i heard that it was a brilliant match if you were there!  I heard this from a number of people!
Did you watch the Sunday Game?  I didn't hear anybody bitching, Lyons offered a bit of constructive criticism that Derry on occasion move the ball too slowly out of defence - but as Derry fans we all know that.  He also pointed the numerous incidences where the high ball worried Derry, that also did happen, but I don't think the Dubs have anyone of the stature of Barry Moran or Brendan Quigley who will be able to cause similar problems (Kerry in the semi, if they get there might though!!).

Marty_mcd

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 31, 2007, 09:08:17 AM
Quote from: Marty_mcd on July 31, 2007, 08:58:53 AM

Did you watch the Sunday Game?  I didn't hear anybody bitching, Lyons offered a bit of constructive criticism that Derry on occasion move the ball too slowly out of defence - but as Derry fans we all know that.  He also pointed the numerous incidences where the high ball worried Derry, that also did happen, but I don't think the Dubs have anyone of the stature of Barry Moran or Brendan Quigley who will be able to cause similar problems (Kerry in the semi, if they get there might though!!).

Ok Bitching wasn't the right word, but do you not get the feeling that they always see the bad side in a game, which involves Northern teams (not just the derry match)  Did any of you hear either spillane or Lyons say anything about the quality of the points taken?? Again i heard that if you were there you would have seen that they were putting them over from all angles. (again this is a 3rd party source i wasn't there myself)

fer fox ache

If you don't think Dub;lin have anybody who can cause damage under a high ball then you havent been watching Conal Keaney

DUBSFORSAM1

Has anyone else had problems getting tickets this morning on ticketmaster????

youbetterbelieveit

yep, nothing coming up on ticketmaster, on 'currently not for sale'

DUBSFORSAM1

They were coming up for sale but couldn't even get a single ticket anywhere..... ???

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

DUBSFORSAM1

Holiness

Spent too many years travelling and playing abroad and only back here since just before Christmas and heading off again soon...

Club-members I know can't even get them....

youbetterbelieveit

it never came up 'tickets for sale' for me at any time, i assume there isnt anymore tickets for sale?