Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 04:48:52 PM

It's hard to see Derry beating Dublin , Dublin are a level if not 2 above
I am beginning to understand why laoislad and the rest wind you up constantly, and it's not just because you're a muppet ;)
It's also because you don't really have much of a clue about what you're talking about most of the time, if you could justify that ridiculous statement above I might have a little more respect for you, but unfortunately you can't, you can twist the stats whatever way you like (although as fer fox ache pointed out, you can't even do that accurately), but, that won't make it true.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 08, 2007, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 04:48:52 PM

It's hard to see Derry beating Dublin , Dublin are a level if not 2 above
I am beginning to understand why laoislad and the rest wind you up constantly, and it's not just because you're a muppet ;)
It's also because you don't really have much of a clue about what you're talking about most of the time, if you could justify that ridiculous statement above I might have a little more respect for you, but unfortunately you can't, you can twist the stats whatever way you like (although as fer fox ache pointed out, you can't even do that accurately), but, that won't make it true.
How is 3 Leinster's in a row twisting facts?
How is Dublin being a more consistent team twisting facts?
How is Dublin being a team which is improving verus Derry being a dark horse twisting facts?
How is Dublin's handy win over Laois versus Derry's good but more laboured performance against  Laois twisting facts?
In most peoples book Dublin where in the top 4/5 for sam this year and would now be in the top 2, Derry have come from no where
Dublin are simply in my opinion a level above Derry.

Quote from: fer fox ache on August 08, 2007, 08:01:12 PM
Dublin have 3 AI 1/4 finals to Derrys 0
Dublin have 1 AI 1/2 final to Derrys 0
Dublin well beat Laois scoring 3-14 and up to the last 5 minutes where 8 points up ,Derry  Score 1-18 and  conceded  2- 11. Dublin had Laois well beat by the 40th minute Derry struggled.

Assuming you are talking about  2004-5-6. Derry have both quarter-final and a semi-final appearance
You'd think when you where pointing out people mistake's you'd get it right yourself . Dublin didn't win a Leinster in 04 , so i could hardly be talking about that
I was talking about 05,06,07 which of course gives Derry 1 1/4 final appearance .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

criostlinn

This all sounds so familiar. Last year it was the 2 leinsters in a row, a more consistent team which is improving, struggling to beat an ageing galway team, dublins handy win over laois versus mayos more laboured(actually I think it was worse then that) performance against laois.

will ye ever learn

Gnevin

Quote from: criostlinn on August 08, 2007, 10:08:43 PM

This all sounds so familiar. Last year it was the 2 leinsters in a row, a more consistent team which is improving, struggling to beat an ageing galway team, dublins handy win over laois versus mayos more laboured(actually I think it was worse then that) performance against laois.

will ye ever learn
A total Dublin self implosion and total freak result and we where still 1 kick of a ball from a replay . The team has learnt from that and moved on this year . I dont know how anyone can claim a team which has won 3 provincial titles in 3  is not a level above a team that hasnt won one ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

criostlinn

Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 07:38:38 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2007, 05:00:32 PM
Responses like Gnevin's are the main reason I would really love to see Derry beat Dublin too!
Stop talking crap if you hate the dubs just say it you'll fit right in. In the last 3 years
Dublin have 3 provincial titles to  Derrys 0    Leinster Titles. Derry aint in Leinster so they cant win them
Dublin have 3 AI 1/4 finals to Derrys 1     Yes because they won Leinster Titles
Dublin have 1 AI 1/2 final to Derrys 0       Again by only beating a team from Leinster to reach it.
Dublin well beat Laois scoring 3-14 and up to the last 5 minutes where 8 points up ,Derry  Score 1-18 and  conceded  2- 11. Dublin had Laois well beat by the 40th minute Derry struggled .     As above. Re Laois and Mayo last year

Byt i guess none of that counts as a other level?     The only thing you did get right

edit: Derrys appearance this year

Dublin havent bet a team outside leinster in the last three years. What makes you so sure this year will be any different

Jimbobjnr

criostlinn

"In most peoples book Dublin where in the top 4/5 for sam this year and would now be in the top 2, Derry have come from no where
Dublin are simply in my opinion a level above Derry."

Only in the top two because derry have bet two of the others

Gnevin

Quote from: criostlinn on August 08, 2007, 10:20:30 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 07:38:38 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2007, 05:00:32 PM
Responses like Gnevin's are the main reason I would really love to see Derry beat Dublin too!
Stop talking crap if you hate the dubs just say it you'll fit right in. In the last 3 years
Dublin have 3 provincial titles to  Derrys 0    Leinster Titles. Derry aint in Leinster so they cant win them
Dublin have 3 AI 1/4 finals to Derrys 1     Yes because they won Leinster Titles
Dublin have 1 AI 1/2 final to Derrys 0       Again by only beating a team from Leinster to reach it.
Dublin well beat Laois scoring 3-14 and up to the last 5 minutes where 8 points up ,Derry  Score 1-18 and  conceded  2- 11. Dublin had Laois well beat by the 40th minute Derry struggled .     As above. Re Laois and Mayo last year

Byt i guess none of that counts as a other level?     The only thing you did get right

edit: Derrys appearance this year

Dublin havent bet a team outside leinster in the last three years. What makes you so sure this year will be any different
Dublin have 3 provincial titles to  Derrys 0    Leinster Titles. Derry ain't in Leinster so they cant win them  f**k when did this happen?  Jesus that news to me ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) .
Aren't they in a little small competition call the Ulster something or other?

Dublin have 3 AI 1/4 finals to Derrys 1     Yes because they won Leinster Titles So that's how it happens  though it was when a man loves a women very very much ............. ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm not so sure i think Derry will very much put it up to the Dub should be able to see them off

Criostlinn i think i found a picture of you .

imtommygunn

GNevin I fail to see your argument with Dublin have won 3 provincials in a row so are therefore a level above Derry.

The dubs beat laois in the final who derry beat so derry would pretty much beat everything in leinster.

Last year Kerry didn't win their provincial Dublin did so were Kerry last year a level below Dublin?

Tyrone won 2 all ireladns in 3 years. In this time they won 1 ulster. In provincial terms it pales compared to dublin so would dublin be a step above them?

I think Dublin will beat Derry but I think your opinion that Dublin are a league above because they have 3 provincials in 3  isn't much of an argument. Ulster is a minefield. Dublin against Meath is the only real tough derby game dublin get. They needed a replay to come through it this year too. Imagine every game was like that. That is what ulster is like. Leinster is a stroll in the park in comparison. You read about the lessons Dublin have learnt and they're from an ulster team - tyrone. The year they got that lesson tyrone didn't win ulster. Provincial titles mean jack shit at this stage.

Gnevin

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2007, 10:41:02 PM
GNevin I fail to see your argument with Dublin have won 3 provincials in a row so are therefore a level above Derry.

The dubs beat laois in the final who derry beat so derry would pretty much beat everything in leinster.

but wait Dublin beat Meath who beat Tyrone so Dublin would pretty much beat everything in Ulster .........

Last year Kerry didn't win their provincial Dublin did so were Kerry last year a level below Dublin?

Tyrone won 2 all ireladns in 3 years. In this time they won 1 ulster. In provincial terms it pales compared to dublin so would dublin be a step above them?

I think Dublin will beat Derry but I think your opinion that Dublin are a league above because they have 3 provincials in 3  isn't much of an argument. Ulster is a minefield. Dublin against Meath is the only real tough derby game dublin get. They needed a replay to come through it this year too. Imagine every game was like that. That is what ulster is like. Leinster is a stroll in the park in comparison. You read about the lessons Dublin have learnt and they're from an ulster team - tyrone. The year they got that lesson tyrone didn't win ulster. Provincial titles mean jack shit at this stage.
I'm not saying that the 3 in a row or provincal titles are the be all and end all or even  good at indicting of form/class or on its own put Dublin on a other level (note level not league) , its the overall package of where Dublin have been in the last 3 years V Derry.

criostlinn

Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 10:46:48 PM

but wait Dublin beat Meath who beat Tyrone so Dublin would pretty much beat everything in Ulster .........

I'm not saying that the 3 in a row or provincal titles are the be all and end all or even  good at indicting of form/class on its own put  Dublin on a other level (note level not league) , its the overall package of where Dublin have been in the last 3 years V Derry.

Oh for the love of jesus.

And me thinking it was finally sinking in. You even went to find me a nice picture to highlight it.

What is this overall package. Ill say it again dublin have not bet anyone outside leinster in the last 3 years.

Gnevin

Quote from: criostlinn on August 08, 2007, 11:01:16 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 10:46:48 PM

I'm not saying that the 3 in a row or provincal titles are the be all and end all or even  good at indicting of form/class on its own put  Dublin on a other level (note level not league) , its the overall package of where Dublin have been in the last 3 years V Derry.

Oh for the love of jesus.

And me thinking it was finally sinking in. You even went to find me a nice picture to highlight it.

What is this overall package. Ill say it again dublin have not bet anyone outside leinster in the last 3 years.

Yet a other reach into the bag obvious! Is their no end to it ?

criostlinn

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think it a good thing Christ is with you criostlinn, otherwise you've have gone into meltdown by now  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bogball XV

Quote from: Gnevin on August 08, 2007, 10:46:48 PMI'm not saying that the 3 in a row or provincal titles are the be all and end all or even  good at indicting of form/class or on its own put Dublin on a other level (note level not league) , its the overall package of where Dublin have been in the last 3 years V Derry.

Rowing back a wee bit are we?  Now, funny that you should bring up that word 'League', I didn't want to be the person bringing it up, but, what division are Dublin in as of next February?