Monaghan v Kerry all ireland QF

Started by gwan-ye-boy-ya, July 29, 2007, 06:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Kerry pulled through well and got the breaks, also Coldrick helped them out a bit at the end.

muppet

Great entertainment...hard luck Monaghan great effort. deserved a draw....couple of 50/50 calls at the end needed to go the other way.
MWWSI 2017

Owenmoresider

That's sickening, fierce tough on Monaghan. Coldrick did them no favours, same old story.

Cork, Super Dubs, Kerry and Meath - is there surely no way that they could all lose?

rory

Well, the GAA have got what they wanted, a Dublin Kerry semi.....and sure so what if the ref helped them, at least none of those dirty nordies got through.

How can Dara O'Se kick a man in the head right in front of the ref and nothing get done.

Main Street

Kerry played a very good last 10 mins.
I thought Monaghan had it just before that.
It's painfull.

Bogball XV

The ref was a bit quick off the mark with the whistle - they barely played during the 3 mins injury time, and there should have been a lot more than that anyway.
If the keeper had managed the 50, it would have made all the difference imo.  Fair play to Monaghan, dirty shower, but by feck they're committed and fit.

J70

Hard luck to Monaghan, but Kerry lorded midfield in the last ten minutes and got the scores. You have to admire their belief, composure and tenacity (especially when you come from somewhere like Donegal!).

I wonder will the Monaghan lad who missed that last chance get the same abuse Eoin Bradley did?

GalwayBayBoy

Hard luck to Monaghan. Thought they were the better team on the day.

Ref didn't do them any favours especially in the last 7 or 8 minutes when Monaghan should have had two frees for late tackles and Dara O'Se's dangerous swinging boot.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: rory on August 12, 2007, 03:36:30 PM
Well, the GAA have got what they wanted, a Dublin Kerry semi.....and sure so what if the ref helped them, at least none of those dirty nordies got through.

How can Dara O'Se kick a man in the head right in front of the ref and nothing get done.
Given the choice between 'dirty nordies' and the shower who think it's their birthright to win AI's, then it's nordies for me every time.

Also, note your second line - is that not 'dirt'? Par for the course from O'Sé. But it's Kerry so they get away with it.

Bogball XV

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2007, 03:39:58 PM
Hard luck to Monaghan, but Kerry lorded midfield in the last ten minutes and got the scores. You have to admire their belief, composure and tenacity (especially when you come from somewhere like Donegal!).

I wonder will the Monaghan lad who missed that last chance get the same abuse Eoin Bradley did?
Probably not, but then Monaghan 'fans' probably don't have a deep rooted (and highly illogical) dislike for him and his brother the way they do for the Bradley's.

FL/MAYO

Great display from Monaghan, Freeman was not in it after he hurt his leg, he was having a stormer up to that, Woods played very well but as the game went on he faded and Hanraty did very well. Monaghan should be disappointed that they did not at least get a draw. Great to see a tough game like that, unfortunately it will stand to Kerry; they were there for the taken today.

tyssam5

Yep agree, reckon that game will set Kerry up to go the whole way.

muppet

The only difference was the level of cuteness that comes with playing in big games year after year. That is not meant as any disrespect to either side.

Witness how a Kerry player when fouled badly got the game underway quickly without the traditional handbags. Plenty of time to hit him back later.

Monaghan fell for it every time at the end, even when they needed to move the ball quickly. They will learn from that though. Take the hits and get on with it when time is running out.
MWWSI 2017

J70

I didn't see much intent from O'Se with the kick or any bias from the referee. It was a swing for a loose ball and if he made contact, should have been a free, but those types of things are missed all the time in every game. I'm pretty sure the Kerrymen will be able to replay the tapes and pick out incidents that cost them.

Main Street

Hanratty did very well.
Corey gets a lot of mileage out of one hop.
Monaghan defence did very well against the high ball to Donaghy.