Joe Kernan Confesses

Started by LegalEagle, July 28, 2007, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegalEagle

On Monday 30th of July  from 6pm -7pm on www.radiokerry.ie Joe is giving an interview on  Radio Kerry you can listen to the interview live on www.radiokerry.ie

orangeman

I was at that game and Armagh had just lost - the Fermanagh fans invaded the pitch - one middle aged fan in Fermanagh colours ran up to Joe as the Armagh team were making their way off the field and the fan shook his fist in Joe's face !
I had a lot of admiration for Joe from that day - he simply smiled and walked off the pitch - this in the face of serious provocation.

Well  done Joe.

never kickt a ball

Likewise Orangeman. Later that year he had a pukey Fermanagh man to deal with after Paddy Heaney brought him (the Fermanagh man) to the All-Star awards. Funny, reading this Board I think the Tyronies have more admiration for Joe than the Armagh people do  :(.

orangeman

Neverkickedaball - it's starting to look that way isn't it ? Joe was very gracious that day in defeat - I would have dealt with that Fermanagh fan differently !

inisceithleann

Quote from: orangeman on July 29, 2007, 12:32:40 PM
Neverkickedaball - it's starting to look that way isn't it ? Joe was very gracious that day in defeat - I would have dealt with that Fermanagh fan differently !

Joe Kernan didn't do anything special that day. Any manager should act graciously after a defeat even in the face of provocation from opposing fans. I respect the way Joe behaved that day but it was nothing more than he or any other manager would have done in the same situation and I don't think that his reaction should be singled out for special praise.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Maguire01

TheHeckler

dear God, some people are real pernickety.  orangeman was just trying to say that he felt that Joe Kernan was a gentleman.  Which he was.  I know all managers should behave in this way, but not all of them do.  So dear love orangeman - he was just trying to be nice. :)

orangeman

Thank you Heckler - it's nice to know that somebody cares  !!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 29, 2007, 12:40:33 PM

Joe Kernan didn't do anything special that day. Any manager should act graciously after a defeat even in the face of provocation from opposing fans. I respect the way Joe behaved that day but it was nothing more than he or any other manager would have done in the same situation and I don't think that his reaction should be singled out for special praise.

Not sure if Paidi O'Se would agree with you  :-X  :D

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 30, 2007, 04:54:44 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on July 29, 2007, 12:40:33 PM

Not sure if Paidi O'Se would agree with you  :-X  :D

or "Pillar" (what kind of a stupid bastardisation of peter is that?) Caffrey. He of the famous, "yiz stole the Hill and I'm bitter about it" shoulder into John Morrison.
No I have to agree, big Joe always to lose as well as he won, fair play to him for it.

Gnevin

Quote from: Msgr. Horan on July 30, 2007, 05:21:52 PM

or "Pillar" (what kind of a stupid bastardisation of peter is that?) Caffrey. He of the famous, "yiz stole the Hill and I'm bitter about it" shoulder into John Morrison.
No I have to agree, big Joe always to lose as well as he won, fair play to him for it.

What in the hell are you talking about . Who is Peter?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2007, 05:56:53 PM
He's a little dickie bird. He has a friend called Paul. It's often difficult to tell them apart.
Whats a dickie bird?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

armaghniac

Decent interview by Weeshie, not very revealing though. Good programme generally.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TheHeckler

yeah, agree with that armaghniac - would like to have heard something we haven't heard before.  Joe Kernan is a gentleman - I could listen to him all night.  But I wish interviews would be a bit more in-depth.

Over the Bar

QuoteWhats a dickie bird?

He's a very famous cricket umpire.