Castlebar
Tullamore
Portlaoise
Letterkenny
Tralee
Nass
Omagh
Portrush

How is Castlebar any worse than Ballina? Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Some of the people in the town would spit at you. Then again there are lots of decent people in the town as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Gs Man

Quote from: Gold on July 28, 2007, 01:44:47 AM
theres an estate in craigavon that looks like its outta Beirut --LEGAHORY !! thats it! i was in there for work one time--8 outa every 9 houses are bricked up -but its like a winding maze--there is only one way in and out

the house numbers are not in order--i was lookin 4 a house drivin round(with a suit on) in circles when this 7 ft, one-eyed man that was the closest thing ive ever seen to Cyclops came over to the car with a big dog wavin at me--i put the window down half a centimetre with my foot ready to hit the accelerator--he says "what do u want, who u lookin 4" ---i was gonna stay about, knowing that he'd be afeared of me (due to my considerable build) but remembered that i'd left the iron on and sped on home!!

i off-time wonder how that conversation with Cyclops might have went, the craic we mite have had-i bet he had a heart of gold

Has anyone else ever sampled the delights of Legahory???

One other place is an area of Derry City above Steelstown GAC at the back end of Derry.--cant think of the name of the estate now but its another winding maze with one was in and out--was lucky to get outta that estate one day too!

Ahh, Legahory.  T'is a wonderful estate right enough.  If you need drugs, just head there.  Rap on the door of one of the 6 houses that aren't boarded up and you'll surely have found a dealer.
Keep 'er lit

Fear ón Srath Bán

theres an estate in craigavon that looks like its outta Beirut --LEGAHORY !! thats it! i was in there for work one time--8 outa every 9 houses are bricked up -but its like a winding maze--there is only one way in and out

Most, if not all, estates built in the six counties after the early seventies had only one entry/exit -- termed as 'Counter Insurgency Urban Planning', as far as I know. Fecking abomination.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

blast05

QuoteHow is Castlebar any worse than Ballina?

Agreed. Ballina has a lot of catching up to do to be compared with Castlebar but would be very harsh to call Ballina a shithole  .... although it would improve if Greenhills and the area around the hospital got washed away in the Moy !

Quoteathlone (not the roscommon side), ballinasloe, longford town, moate, roscommon town and navan

Elaborate on whats wrong with the east side of the Shannon in Athlone ?! The west side has a couple of rough estates alright and Monksland is very poorly planned (although hardly enough too call it a shithole) but whats the problem with the east side

QuoteAnyway the OMS list - Gort, Ballyhaunis, ....

Do the first 2 names on the list reflect some a racial attitude  :P

Bogball XV

How did I forget about Larne - easily, hands down, the biggest shithole in Ireland - it's such a depressing place.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Square Ball on July 27, 2007, 06:21:22 PM
Augher, clocker, fivemiletown

How can you diguish these 3 towns as shitholes?????The three of them together would not make up a tenth of the size of one of the major shitholes i.e. cookstown, portadown to name but a few!!! Someone from this area rattled ur cage lately square ball!!!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Donagh

Legahory is indeed known locally as Beirut. It's a place apart and like no other this side of Compton, LA. Run by the 'Hoods', and only a stones throw from Craigavon police station, none of our local paramilitaries ever dared venture near it. I'm old enough to remember when it was a fairly respectable place to live (as far as anywhere in Craigavon could be), but of a period of 15 years the 'Hoods' intimidated and burned out most of the owner occupiers until they were the only ones left. The estate now consist of row upon row of bricked up houses with the odd one still occupied where you can buy any illicit substance through the iron gates placed over the front doors (that's if you make it past the Snoop look-alikes with the bling milling about the squares). Like a mini Limerick it's had it's own gang war waging for the past few years between the Carlises and Anto Murray. Mad as...

Square Ball

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 28, 2007, 07:08:03 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 27, 2007, 06:21:22 PM
Augher, clocker, fivemiletown

How can you diguish these 3 towns as shitholes?????The three of them together would not make up a tenth of the size of one of the major shitholes i.e. cookstown, portadown to name but a few!!! Someone from this area rattled ur cage lately square ball!!!!!!!!

No, just thought I would throw them in there for the craic, was in the bus station the other day and the announcer was going over this.

Still has to be ballymena and Larne for me, I went through Banbridge last night and it doesn't really seem to be the most pleasant of places
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Whitehair

In one of the holding cells in Craigavon Court theres a scribble on the walls sayin 'Legahory Hoods' with a list of names under it, akin to a 'Roll of Honour'.  The sooner the remaining houses are vacated and the place is flattened the better.
*I'd just like to state i wasnt in the cell as a prisoner*

lurganblue

Quote from: Whitehair on July 28, 2007, 08:23:54 PM
In one of the holding cells in Craigavon Court theres a scribble on the walls sayin 'Legahory Hoods' with a list of names under it, akin to a 'Roll of Honour'.  The sooner the remaining houses are vacated and the place is flattened the better.
*I'd just like to state i wasnt in the cell as a prisoner*

as far as i've been told there are still some decent people live there. however they bought their houses years ago and now they cant leave. they cant sell their house's cos who would buy them and they cant just up and leave because they would be out a small fortune. fucked all round...

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

This thread could bring out the sectarian in all of us but I have to say that anywhere that is 'bedecked' for 2 months every summer in its town/village centre is not an appealing place for me.

Gun to my head, though, and I'd say Lisburn.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

GweylTah

I still haven't convinced you all it is Ardboe?  Go and see for yourselves and get back to me.

new devil

Whats so bad about arboe? were you from coagh?

SammyG

Haven't read the whole thread but the answer is surely Larne.

stiffler

Biggest shithole in ireland has to be windsor park.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009