Best memory of the Championship so far

Started by meathie, July 24, 2007, 01:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathie

wondering what everyones own individual best moment or best memory of the 2007 championship is so far?
Mine has to be Wards equaliser v Dublin in the drawn game. and of course.....Geraghty coming on against Galway on saturday... :)

Outside of Meath moments, I thought Sligos win was the best nuetral moment

Loup Bandit

I also thought Sligo's win was worth a mention, but for me as a Derry man, it was Enda Muldoon's chipped goal against Mayo in the qualifiers. Something special!  ;D

Gnevin

Dublin's 2nd goals against Laois , the hill erupting
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Bernard Brogans goal V Laois, the finale of one minutes play which turned us from being likely to loose to being in control and destined for the championship.
Ask me holy bollix

Pietas

In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Stagmeister

Eamonn O'Hara's goal against Galway / Ja Fallon's injury time attempt being waved wide by the umpires...

Bensars

Dublin marching up the hill.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Oh how i laughed at the Muppets !!!                Another year and nothing had changed  ::)

AZOffaly

Definitely Sligo's Connacht win in the Football, and in the hurling, Damien Murray's penalty for Offaly that put just a point between the sides at half time against Kilkenny. That's as good as it got for us.

full back

Cant think of any for my own county :-\

Sligo was the next best thing

thebandit

Monaghan: Hanratty's 2nd goal v Down/ Mone and Corey cleaning out Bradley and Muldoon / Paul Finlay being named to start the Ulster final

Armagh: S Kernan's point v Derry (sad I know)

Otherwise: Sligo winning Connacht

Davitt Man

Ronan McGarrity coming on as a sub for Mayo against Cavan only 6 months after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer

his holiness nb

And there was me thinking Mayo hadnt any real good moments this year, forgetting all about McGarrity!
That was lovely to see.
Ask me holy bollix

MauriceMalpas

Tyrone's second goal against Donegal. Mulgrew finished off a great team move.
Quality

FL/MAYO

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 24, 2007, 01:56:13 PM
Bernard Brogans goal V Laois, the finale of one minutes play which turned us from being likely to loose to being in control and destined for the championship.

The hype continues unabated  ;D

Putting the Slashers back in their place was the only highlight of a woeful Championship. I know it wasn't the cmahpionship but Waterford winning the national league was great to see, didn't enjoy it as much as the aul lad in the stand however, the one that was caught on camera impersonating Fr. Noel Furlong in the caravan...   :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...