Best memory of the Championship so far

Started by meathie, July 24, 2007, 01:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

John O'Mahony being elected. Its what we strived for all winter and we were determined not to let anything get in our way, not even football  :-\

Dan Shanahan's goals are always something special. The hurling has been sensational.

orangeman

Brian Dooher's standing ovation in Clones after the Donegal game and even Mickey Harte being moved to pat him on the back !

thebandit

Quote from: thebandit on July 24, 2007, 02:23:30 PM
Monaghan: Hanratty's 2nd goal v Down/ Mone and Corey cleaning out Bradley and Muldoon / Paul Finlay being named to start the Ulster final

Armagh: S Kernan's point v Derry (sad I know)

Otherwise: Sligo winning Connacht

Monaghan: Hanratty's 2nd goal v Down/ Mone and Corey cleaning out Bradley and Muldoon / Paul Finlay being named to start the Ulster final / Corey and Tommy cleaning out Donegal/the resurgance of Biddy Woods/ JP holding 'star' scoreless / Mike Frank Russell being held scoreless by a Junior footballer/ Strimmer sickening Gooch

Sandy Hill

No Armagh moments I'm afraid; will settle for Graham Geraghty's goal!
"Stercus accidit"

orangeman

If you want to gloat Sandy about Geraghty's goal. then here's a goal  for you - what about Hearty's goal on Ballybofey ?

the procastenator

ONeill

I've a feeling it'll be next Sunday, especially if the Dubs are losing. Pillar'll probably deck Morrissey.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

The noise and colour of the Monaghan crowd both in Clones and Croke Park this year was pretty amazing.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI'll save Mike Sheehy the bother (just in case some people get the wrong idea that he's anti-Tyrone or something equally outlandish): the final whistle in the Meath vs Tyrone clash, oh what unbridled joy!

I have nothing against Tyrone..no idea where you got that impression. I merely defend the Kingdom against the deluge of attacks by Northern contributors

ExiledGael

From the games I managed to get to, none from my own county sadly but the roar that went up when Monaghan stormed out onto the field after the team photo in the Ulster final was a great memory. Meant so much to the home crowd to be back with the big boys

O'Hara's goal also stands out but I only watched the game on tv

Billys Boots

Tanking the neighbours (when it mattered) was good.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 19, 2007, 08:05:28 PM
Tanking the neighbours (when it mattered) was good.

:D I wouldn't call a three point win in a wind tunnel a tanking Billy, however "tanking" would be appropriate for a 9 point hammering on a football field...

No real championship highlights for the Lakers, we expect to tank the Slashers every year...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

NAG

Have to say it lads take any highlight from the Hurling this year and would beat the football hands down.

Big Dan the man thumping goals in!

The intensity of Limerick vs Tipp and then again vs Waterford

It is a sport of legends and real men, none of this petty bollocks that has crept in and ruined our football!