Who would make the 1st 15 from your province??

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, July 24, 2007, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Cullen hasnt been at his best this year so far IMO
Ask me holy bollix

Maximus Marillius

On current form Dooher would not smell the team...Mc Quaid destroyed him in the Ulster final

supersarsfields

Maybe Max but he did put in one of the best displays I've seen in a long time i the game against Donegal. 

Stagmeister

Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2007, 03:02:05 PM
Why would you put Bryan Cullen centre forward? He doesn't play there and never has! If you have to try so hard to find a place for him I would suggest he doesn't really deserve to be there at all.

He's played there loads of times!! I'd say he's started at least 6 championship games for Dublin at centre forward...also he played very well when he was moved up there against laois in the leinster final, swung the game in dublins favour

He hasnt been having a great year, but he has been improving steadily with each game, who would you have ahead of him???

Hound

The title of the thread is who would make the first XV from your province. I don't see how you'd leave Cullen out - the only question is half back or half forward?

I completely forgot about GG in my earlier post. Dunno who'd I drop to let him in.. Would you play him ahead of Keaney at 14 or ahead of Bray at wing forward - or leave him as impact sub?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 24, 2007, 12:03:38 PM
1 - Stephen Cluxton
2 - David Henry
3 - Darren Fay
4 - Paul Griffen
5 - Tom Kelly
6 - Brian Cullen
7 - Anthony Moyles
8 - Shane Ryan
9 - Ciaran Whelan
10 - Paddy Keenan
11 - Alan Brogan
12 - Stephen Bray
13 - Dessie Dolan
14 - Conal Keaney
15 - John Doyle

Haven't time to make a full squad at moment but your being a tad biased there DUBSFORSAM ;)

Wouldn't have Cluxton i think the best goalie in the Championship this year is Meaths goalie  what his name i can't think of it at moment?..Also there should be a place for MJ Teirney  and why is Alan Brogan on it???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Brogan hasnt been great (he has been good) so far.
On form I'd have his brother in ahead of him.
Ask me holy bollix

Tyrone Dreamer

Max - Dooher was injured going into the Ulster final and suffered quite a bit of pain during and after the game. He showed his through worth against Donegal. Not sure how anyone could justify picking the Armagh sub keeper on their team! Id go with:
Reilly
McNulty
Owens
McGuckin
Freeman
Gormley
Jordan
Cavanagh
Doherty
Dooher
Muldoon
O'Neill
Freeman
Bradley
McDonnell

Would normally pick McGrane but think he may be slightly past his best. A fit Brian McGuigan would walk onto the team. Harsh not to pick a Donegal player, guys like Durcan, Cassidy and Devenney wouldnt be far away.

Jinxy

Quote from: Stagmeister on July 24, 2007, 02:22:32 PM
Leinster:

1 - Stephen Cluxton
2 - David Henry
3 - Darren Fay
4 - Paul Griffen
5 - Karol Slattery
6 - Anthony Moyles
7 - Shane Ryan
8 - Paddy Keenan
9 - Ciaran Whelan
10 - Alan Brogan
11 - Bryan Cullen
12 - Stephen Bray
13 - John Doyle
14 - Conal Keaney
15 - Mattie Forde

Put Johnny Doyle centre forward. Lose Mattie Forde altogether (looked completely disinterested in the games I saw). Replace Forde with Ciaran Lyng to keep the wexford lads happy. So we need a replacement corner forward. I'd suggest Brian Farrell but I'm biased. Niall McNamee maybe? Other than that your team is savage. Murphy/Cluxton is a close run thing though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

donegal gael

hearty

lacey
owens
mc menamin

kernan
lockhart
gormley

mcgrane
doherty

finlay
coulter
dooher

freeman
clarke
bradley

subs;

duffy

mcgoldrick
mallon
mc cloy

dunnion
monaghan
d freeman

gallagher
gordan

mc grath
mulgrew
gollogly

mcdonnell
muldoon
kavanagh

Stagmeister

Quote from: Jinxy on July 24, 2007, 08:45:46 PM
Put Johnny Doyle centre forward. Lose Mattie Forde altogether (looked completely disinterested in the games I saw). Replace Forde with Ciaran Lyng to keep the wexford lads happy. So we need a replacement corner forward. I'd suggest Brian Farrell but I'm biased. Niall McNamee maybe? Other than that your team is savage. Murphy/Cluxton is a close run thing though.

Ya Murphy/Cluxton would be very close alright...could go for either of them really...Murphy nearly saved that penalty last weekend and it was a good penalty...what age is he???

DUBSFORSAM1

Real Laoislad

Murphy/Cluxton is a close run thing alright but to my mind Cluxtons kick outs help him win that battle...

Tierney has been good but for example against Dublin he didn't score from play at all and there are plenty of free takers...

Brogan is in it cause he is still scoring from play and showed when destroying Joe Higgins against Laois he causes problems...

nrico2006

QuotePicking a Railway cup team to compete this year, irrespective of injuries

McKinney
McMenamin
McCloy
McGuckin
Gormley
Monaghan
McKeever
Doherty
McGrane
Cavanagh
O'Neill
Dooher
McDonnell
Clarke
Bradley

Subs

Owens
Mallon
Dunnion
Finlay
Kavanagh
Muldoon
Freeman

Picking a team irrespective of injuries and leaving out Brian Mc Guigan??
Also, Donegal Gael , you mystify me - I would say you are on your own with the non-inclusion of Sean Cavanagh on your panel, never mind the starting 15!  Here's mine:

Durcan

Lockhart
Owens
McMenamin

Kernan
Gormley
Jordan

Cavanagh
Doherty

Dooher
Finlay
O'Neill

McDonnell
Coulter
Bradley
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'