Google Earth

Started by amallon, July 23, 2007, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Anyone know when the bits of the North that are still haven't got got high resolution images on Google Earth will be updated.  Its a fantastic piece of software but its just frustrating that my area doesn't have decent resolution.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

You cant get Longstone Amallon ( no suprise), but I see the area around Castlewellen is excellent.  Newry isnt as good as you would expect.  Its worth taking a look at Dubai, its amazing.

amallon

Yeah there is an area from around Kilcoo to newcastle that has great coverage but from Dundalk to Newry and of course the Bridge is brutal.  I can never find Longstone myself.  I alway get seriously lost going up there.  I think I have it now, its a right turn at an Orange hall or something.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ziggysego

Greencastle isn't on Google Earth  >:(
Testing Accessibility

southdown

Quote from: amallon on July 23, 2007, 05:24:13 PM
Yeah there is an area from around Kilcoo to newcastle that has great coverage but from Dundalk to Newry and of course the Bridge is brutal.  I can never find Longstone myself.  I alway get seriously lost going up there.  I think I have it now, its a right turn at an Orange hall or something.

You just follow the smell of cow shite!

armaghniac

QuoteAnyone know when the bits of the North that are still haven't got got high resolution images on Google Earth will be updated.

With all of these cloudless skies we've been having, they should get a move on.  :-\
However fair play for getting all of the back roads on the map, even if they don't quite join up at the border.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

If the Muslim extremists are using Google Earth for target selection then maybe you're better not on it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Just downloaded Google Earth and get this The Feckin Earth is Round :o :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

Does it update itself often? I was taking a look round Wembley direction as im going to the NFL game in October but it is still only half built.

southdown

It updates itself gradually I think, just doing wee bits at a time.  On it now, amazing, the detail even the worlds most remote spots such as Siberia are amazing! And Baghdad is pretty good too.

Balboa

Quote from: southdown on July 23, 2007, 11:10:55 PM
And Baghdad is pretty good too.

Unless you are a British/US soldier.....  ;)

Square Ball

how do you get rid of them annoying photos people put on it?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on July 23, 2007, 11:12:47 PM
how do you get rid of them annoying photos people put on it?

Untick the geographic web option on the bottom left of your screen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Long time dead

Latest version is still at least 2 years behind as Westlink has no roadworks on it.

Square Ball

Anyone used the version with Google sky on it? very impressive, but its as well i am not piloting the Starship Enterprize, would get lost very easily
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid