Travellers and the GAA

Started by Hollow Man, July 23, 2007, 12:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Three or four years ago i mind one of the Connaught posters talking about a traveller who was a great player altogether, he stank to high heaven but could stick a ball over the bar from fifty yards out in his wellies (allegedly)..................if that was the case could we please have the said traveller report to the incoming County Manager in Armagh whereupon he can await further instruction. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Stay goalside of your man

John Leahy who used to play for Tip is one of them.

SuperSub

The whole Kerry football team if you ask me ;)

Sandy Hill

The way they move about, they could switch counties every week!
"Stercus accidit"

we are blue... etc

Quote from: dodo on July 23, 2007, 01:58:09 PM

McCarthyism is alive and well on the GAAboard.
:):)
I saw Goody Proctor with the Devil

Colonel Cool

I'd say most Travellers wouldn't have been welcome in your average GAA club in years gone bye. I not sure if things have changed much.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

thebandit

Attitudes would have changed a bit in recent times

NAG

Travellers wouldnt be welcome in most GAA clubs today.

GAA clubs esp country clubs are all about community and common things that bond that community. Not about a bunch of tax dodgers who bring nothing to any community apart from bringing the community down with crime and litter.

If they want to form their own club in Dublin go for it, sure who could tell the difference!

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Handball Ace

QuoteAttitudes would have changed a bit in recent times

I doubt it very much

his holiness nb

I'd agree I dont think attitudes have changed.
I dont think the travelling community have done much to change people attitudes either, personally we had travellers in our village a few weeks back and the one night the were let into a pub there was murder.
Its not the politically correct thing to not like travellers, but jesus christ, nearly every time they arrive in a town there is trouble of some sort.
I'd like not to dislike them, but they need to meet us half way!
Ask me holy bollix

mannix

would you bate me?
I'll busht you sham.
I'll drop you like a spare tire if ya don't f off.
Will ya buy a gate?
Will ya but carpet?

Bad  news wherever they camp, shite in gardens and i mean human shite,rubbish, a burnt car, oil cans and a dead pony and 2 dead dogs left in one campsite when they had to move because a farmer sprayed slurry in a field near the camp.
If I done half the things they do  I would end up in jail, the gardai are terrified of them and rightly so, they have no manners and zero respect for themselves or anybody else.
Imagine the yoke that would shite in someones garden in broad daylight.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: mannix on July 24, 2007, 10:38:21 AM
would you bate me?
I'll busht you sham.
I'll drop you like a spare tire if ya don't f off.
Will ya buy a gate?
Will ya but carpet?

Bad  news wherever they camp, shite in gardens and i mean human shite,rubbish, a burnt car, oil cans and a dead pony and 2 dead dogs left in one campsite when they had to move because a farmer sprayed slurry in a field near the camp.
If I done half the things they do  I would end up in jail, the gardai are terrified of them and rightly so, they have no manners and zero respect for themselves or anybody else.
Imagine the yoke that would shite in someones garden in broad daylight.

We are getting off the point i think...(i agree btw,but stick it on non- gaa thread)

Fishead_Sam

Have to say Im not really their biggest fans, but am I the only one that thinks that the travellers are getting to big of a slagging of late on the GAA board, end of the day they are people too, and Im sure many of them read the GAA board, as many of them are avid GAA followers.

his holiness nb

In fairness, I only comment on them as trouble makers when I have personally witnessed these acts.
I dont think telling the truth should be seen as harsh.
Ask me holy bollix