BBC COMMENTATORS

Started by mournerambler, July 21, 2007, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

When are the BBC going to get a decent commentator for its live matches?I thought Jimmy Smyth was hard to listen to until i heard Mark Sidebottom & Enda Gormley,they just dont come across with the same passion as their RTE counterparts.

Elias

Jimmy Smyth was terrible granted,

But I'd have Sidebottom anyday over Lyster, he's so annoying it's untrue.

Malloney is the top of the pile IMO

Uladh

Quote from: mournerambler on July 21, 2007, 12:23:15 PM
they just dont come across with the same passion as their RTE counterparts.

:D

Rte are equally terrible.

i happen to think Gormley is as good a summariser as is about

Balboa

Sidebottom is actually a hurling man, maybe thats where the "lack of passion" comes from.

Balboa

The main problem i find with the BBC coverage is Jerome Quinn. If Mc Hugh or Burns dont agree with him he stamps his feet, and the continual interrupting makes Spillane seem like an amateur. In summing up i cant stick the malnourished p***k.

Red Nose Red Hand

Quote from: Elias on July 21, 2007, 12:27:52 PM
Jimmy Smyth was terrible granted,

But I'd have Sidebottom anyday over Lyster, he's so annoying it's untrue.

Malloney is the top of the pile IMO

Conparing Sidebottom and Lyster is like comparing chalk and cheese. Lyster is a presenter, Sidebottom a commentator. The main problem I have with Sidebottom is that he comes out with quips that are intended to sound as off-the-cuff when anyone with half a brain would know they are of the 'here's one I prepared earlier' variety and just thrown in at the appropriate moment.

Armagh Exile

I note that Martin Carney of Donegal and Mayo fame had his Galway jersey on today.

Leo

What have you?
Cheesy Logie from UTV who pinfully thinks he is funny, Jerome from BBC who just doesnt do funny or interesting or indeed anything worthwhile at all, or Mark Sidebottom who at least  is the first addition to GAA television who is coherent and not trying to be the star.
Island of saints and scholars, writers, storytellers and the craic? - they dont exist in the GAA firmament.

Fierce tame altogether

Donagh

Erm... the BBCs Owen McConnon... easily in the country's top three best commentators.

ONeill

Your young lad Niblock (UTV) is promising.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

Bring back Jackie Fullofhimself I say.

Loup Bandit

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2007, 12:29:11 AM
Your young lad Niblock (UTV) is promising.

are you extracting the michael you stock?