Quater Finals

Started by Goin Down, July 20, 2007, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorry all, messed up poll so its ruined!

Continue with discussions
0 (0%)
anyway.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2007, 05:03:20 PM

The Real Laoislad

Because im convinced the draw is fixed here is who i think will meet each other in the 1/4 Finals

Monaghan/Donegal v Dublin
Laois/Derry v Kerry
Meath v Tyrone
Cork v Sligo

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone v Meath would be some game. Id say they'd give Kerry a decent game to.

Barney

QuoteWhat way would u's rank the 10 teams left in terms of their chances of landing sam?

Welcome Martin Breheny.

I too am convinced the draw is rigged.

Cork will get Tyrone or Sligo - keep them away from a possible semi with Kerry.

Meath and Dublin is coming out of the hat again.

Tyrone v Derry is inevitable.

Then an interesting and unusual one - Kerry v Donegal ( I think they'll beat Monaghan).

Would be a nice line-up.

The Real Laoislad

QuoteTyrone v Derry is inevitable.

Im sure you meant to add provided they beat Laois ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Barney

QuoteIm sure you meant to add provided they beat Laois

Of course I did. I'm still in a daze after last Saturday instead of seeing butterflies, I'm see Derry jersies spinning around me

The Real Laoislad

www.paddypower.ie

Kerry  7 - 4     
Tyrone  9 - 4     
Dublin  4 - 1     
Cork  13 - 2   
Donegal  16 - 1
Meath  16 - 1
Derry  22 - 1
Laois  40 - 1   
Monaghan  40 - 1
Sligo  50 - 1   
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Loup Bandit

Is coalisland fair on this weekend?

Goin Down

Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 22, 2007, 10:25:29 AM
Is coalisland fair on this weekend?

Question, what in the world has this to do with the quater finals?

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 21, 2007, 07:37:27 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread but dont want to upset the thread police at the weekend with a new thread. What way would u's rank the 10 teams left in terms of their chances of landing sam? Id prob go with this:
1. Kerry
2. Tyrone
3. Dublin
4. Meath
5. Cork
6. Derry
7. Donegal
8. Monaghan
9. Sligo
10. Laois
Dont take offence Sligo people at your low rating Id love to see u's doing well. Id say there's a 70-80% plus chance of one of the top 3 winning it. Meath and Cork also have a decent outside chance. The rest can give ny team a run on their day but not sure if they'd get the consitency to go the whole way. Meath seem to have improved considerably since the Dublin games even and may be closer to the top 3 than some would think.

No one asked my permission to start a ranking game of the teams left on my thread!

I'd say

1: Kerry
2: Dublin
3: Meath
4: Tyrone
5: Cork
6: Donegal
7: Sligo
8: Derry
9: Monaghan
10: Laois

I have Sligo slightly higher in this one because I think they could beat any of the teams below them on their day. For some reason I have my doubts about Tyrone and for some reason dont think they'll last and the same for Donegal, I think Dublin might actually be in with a chance this year but sadly, must go for Kerry to win it.
Remember This.

Redgreenery

1: Kerry
2: Dublin
3: Tyrone
4: Meath
5: Derry
6: Donegal
7: Cork
8: Sligo
9: Monaghan
10: Laois

Sligo in 8 as I reckon they'd beat Monaghan or Laois on their day, at this moment in time, Sligo and Cork may be at the same level but i'd expect Cork to improve. I think Dublin may be in with a fairly good chance and Tyrone if they keep the injurys away and stay on form. I'd favour Kerry to win unfortuneatly.

Hound

Kerry might be most vulnerable at the QF stage, given their long break and whoever they're playing will have good momentum and will be big underdogs.

his holiness nb

Stuck a tenner on Cork, Meath, Laois and Monaghan.

Half way there, but two real tough to call games to come.
Ask me holy bollix

loughshore lad

If Derry beat Laois I will be amazed if Derry and Tyrone are not drawn together, the draw seems very fishy at times to me.
Not sure how Tyrone will go in croker obviously I hope they go all the way and win it but I am just not convinced by their performances this season. Croke park in the big games is where the loss of Brian McGuigan may be too much of a hurdle to overcome.  In 2003 and 2005 there was a signal of intent and conviction bubbling away underneath the surface, I am not sure if that is there this season.

Kerry Mike

We are a long time without a game and have to wait another 3 weeks and it would be nice to know who we are playing in the quarters from Meath, Laois/Derry or Monaghan/Donagal, but at least we should know that next Sunday evening. No real preference who I'd like to play but there is no one I would avoid, all teams at this stage will be hard to beat but thats what you want to be testing yourself against if you want to be winning All Irelands.

Thankfully the county championship has been ticking over and some of the county men like Declan O'Sullivan and Paul Galvin have been putting in great performances with their clubs or divisions recently. No injury worrires that I have heard of from within the squad but I am sure the clattering and a bit of skelping in the training games between the 2 Kerry panel teams are interesting at the moment, will be very interesting to see the level of intensity Pat O'Shea and John Sugrue will have us at by the 1/4 final.

One point I hope they cover is with the Dubs playing the day before and if the Dubs win they need to keep the Kerry players focussed on winning their quarter final and not on a potential clash with the Jackeens in the semi final, its very easy for minds to wonder at the last minute.

Lets hope the Croke Park authorities keep the Jackeen supporters off the pitch if they win their quarter final and show a bit of respect for the hurlers and footballers from other counties who will play there the following day.

But we wont know until the 12th August if it has been a dissadvantage or not to have something like an 8 week lay off between winning the Munster title and a quarter final.

Cork were poor at the weekend but did enough to win over a dogged Louth and will improve for the quarter final and will make it really tough for Dublin, Tyrone or Sligo. Meath looked strong in parts and their midfield will take a bit of stopping and they have a very good looking full forward line, but Galway were very poor and I thought Meath should have had won by more.

The waiting game continues in the Kingdom...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Well, with what is left, I say Derry and Monaghan.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on July 23, 2007, 03:34:26 PM
Well, with what is left, I say Derry and Monaghan.

Did a statue of the Virgin Mary fall on your head in Lourdes? Or did she appear to you and tell you who's gonna win?
You'll Never Walk Alone.