Is there a better quality of life living outside the pale

Started by the Deel Rover, July 18, 2007, 02:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quotethink how proud you will be when you see them walking out onto croker with their dublin jerseys and you shouting come on the dubs from the hill Laoislad along with tankie,indiana and gnevin

Oh Christ it be my worst Nightmare :'( :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 03:44:06 PM
Quotethink how proud you will be when you see them walking out onto croker with their dublin jerseys and you shouting come on the dubs from the hill Laoislad along with tankie,indiana and gnevin

No your worst nightmare would that it would be against laois in the leinster final or god forbid all  ireland final with dublin and laois meeting by geting through the qualifers ;) ;) ;) i have a site for sale in laois if you want it  :P :P
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 18, 2007, 03:54:15 PM

No your worst nightmare would that it would be against laois in the leinster final or god forbid all  ireland final with dublin and laois meeting by geting through the qualifers ;) ;) ;) i have a site for sale in laois if you want it  :P :P

Wherebouts?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 18, 2007, 03:54:15 PM

Wherebouts?

tongue in cheek laoislad, jesus you are getting worried
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

QuoteQuote
herself is a Dub and will take a bit of presuading.

No chance Laios Lad - Dubs girls always want to stay close to the Ma

My intended is a Dub and no-one can believe that she actually moved out of Dublin. She loves it now. It wasn't easy persuading her but I'm fairly determined when I really want something.

QuoteAny tips on what the convincing was  

Convincing that her future lay outside the pale. Not sure what you're getting at...

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 03:21:27 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2007, 03:17:08 PM
Quality of life, and specifically traffic, was an issue even 26 years ago when I decided to move. I was living and working in Drogheda and the company I worked for was going to go down the tubes. In my line of business there were very few opportunities other than in the cities. So if I was staying it was work in Dublin and sit in traffic for (then) at least two hours a day. I thought about that for about eight seconds and then contacted the headhunters and asked them to look for opportunities in Galway, Limerick and Cork. I ended up in Limerick for 11 years (a fine place to live, despite the shite in the media) and then moved to Cork.

The major disadvantage is having your kids grow up with a Cork accent. Nothing prepares you for that! But I get my compensation every time I visit Dublin, sit in traffic for even fifteen minutes and reflect on what I could have been doing for the last quarter of a century.

Thats nothing.If i stay in Dublin and have kids they'll have feckin Jackeen accents....Howyais Da and bleedin this and bleedin that  :-[

Sure you and your bird can't be upto much if your gonna let them talk like that :P
Grand Slam Saturday!

blast05

QuoteNot sure what you're getting at...

Nothing really. It was more of a "i wish i could do the same convincing" to my Mrs  :(

Pietas

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 02:18:24 PM
its a hard thing to put my finger on but i think for most Dubs i dont think it is dublin in particular that keeps them here, i think it is city life. I love city life, yes the traffic is crazy, prices are crazy but there is always something to do. I wcould never see myself moving out of dublin to another place in Ireland but I would always conside the likes of Boston, New York or most large cities.

Judging by your posts on another thread you should be living in Berlin in the early 1940s
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

his holiness nb

Judging by your lies on previous posts you should be living on button moon !  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

QuoteNothing really. It was more of a "i wish i could do the same convincing" to my Mrs 

Believe me I understand and feel your pain. Just hang in there and she may come round.

Tankie

Quote from: Pietas on July 18, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
its a hard thing to put my finger on but i think for most Dubs i dont think it is dublin in particular that keeps them here, i think it is city life. I love city life, yes the traffic is crazy, prices are crazy but there is always something to do. I wcould never see myself moving out of dublin to another place in Ireland but I would always conside the likes of Boston, New York or most large cities.

Judging by your posts on another thread you should be living in Berlin in the early 1940s

you talk some bollox ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Pietas

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 18, 2007, 05:03:35 PM
Judging by your lies on previous posts you should be living on button moon !  ;)

What lies?  Are you seriously calling me a liar?  Fuckin prove it!
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Pietas

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 05:12:07 PM

maybe, but i'd rather talk bollox than be a racist, facist nasty right wing self centred git who is unable to conduct an intelligent arguement

Tankie

Quote from: Pietas on July 18, 2007, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 05:12:07 PM

maybe, but i'd rather talk bollox than be a racist, facist nasty right wing self centred git who is unable to conduct an intelligent arguement

what are you talking about, if you read the thread you muppet i never even got into the Roma's living on the M50, when the lads wanted to have a rally against them i said i would rather see it against Unmarried mothers and long term unemployed who rip off the system, if your bird doesnt rip of the system she can still keep he unmarried mother benifits!

its just like them protesters in Mayo, Shell are willing to build an off shore oil refiner which the government have approved and they keep protesting and they say its not about money!
Grand Slam Saturday!

blast05

Quoteits just like them protesters in Mayo, Shell are willing to build an off shore oil refiner which the government have approved and they keep protesting and they say its not about money!

What the fcuk ?

Lets be clear here  .... are you seriously suggesting Shell have offered to build an offshore refinery ??
If so then please provide links to your sources