Graham Geraghty returns

Started by Hardy, July 18, 2007, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on July 20, 2007, 04:12:55 PM
Personality-wise, more of a Roy Keane, maybe. Though to give them their rightful positions, I'd say Keane is the Graham Geraghty of soccer.
cant say that apart from them being two players at the top of their sport GG bears no comparison to Keane in the manner they play
so not for the first time, I cant agree! (I never played against Keane though)

Hardy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 20, 2007, 05:01:27 PM
Personality-wise, more of a Roy Keane, maybe. Though to give them their rightful positions, I'd say Keane is the Graham Geraghty of soccer.
cant say that apart from them being two players at the top of their sport GG bears no comparison to Keane in the manner they play

Anyway, I'd be worried if you started agreeing with me!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on July 20, 2007, 05:06:00 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 20, 2007, 05:01:27 PM

Anyway, I'd be worried if you started agreeing with me!

you would prob agree with me more than you think

am in the habit of being in big disagreement with meanth men recently
ones with AI medals and all stars.
both of us are too thick to back down !

Hardy

All-Ireland medals, all-stars and medical degrees?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hardy on July 20, 2007, 05:10:32 PM
All-Ireland medals, all-stars and medical degrees?
yep
and a hero of mine to boot.
Which means feck all when we go to pick a team!

orangeman

Look - GG won't be playing for too much longer - so let's appreciate him whilst he is still playing ( or being contreversial ) !And by the way I'm not GG !!! lol

Goin Down

Quote from: orangeman on July 20, 2007, 06:12:19 PM
And by the way I'm not GG !!! lol

Prove to us that your not GG. >:( ;)
Remember This.

Mike Sheehy

Quotebut if you knew much about GG at all you would realist that that they can type and are quite articulate - then this defo reuls out any notion that they could be GG !

jaysis, I think we can rule you out as well so Lynchboy !!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2007, 08:16:26 PM
Quotebut if you knew much about GG at all you would realist that that they can type and are quite articulate - then this defo reuls out any notion that they could be GG !

jaysis, I think we can rule you out as well so Lynchboy !!

this keyboard is shite
diff is GG cant speak it let alone say it
and as for me being articulate
no way josie
I'm a thick multi-culchie and proud of it !
:D

Fear ón Srath Bán

There's one thing, I think, should be borne in mind (and I'm no blueshirt), but Geraghty's being maligned unfairly for his dirt here. It's true that he'll dish it a bit over the top at times, but it should be remembered that he's taken a hell of a lot of punishment in his time, punishment more than most and only of the type that is reserved for exceptional talents, punishment that was rarely picked up or acted on by the officials. The point is, that such was the level of punishment he took over a protracted period of playing,  that he's now too inclined to 'get his retaliation in first'.

And that's not to condone it or excuse it, but it's unfair to condemn him for his current behaviour whilst being totally oblivious to the amount of abuse he's taken over his many years at the top. Having said that, he needs to be careful, and just rein it in a little, for his team's sake if not for himself from here on. And I wish to f*ck he weren't Fine Gael!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

I think this is an appropriate time to close this thread - what a man ! What a player ! What a reception ! The crowd turned the team on as soon as GG ran onto the field !Enough said - long live GG !

Square Ball

Quote from: orangeman on July 21, 2007, 09:18:55 PM
I think this is an appropriate time to close this thread - what a man ! What a player ! What a reception ! The crowd turned the team on as soon as GG ran onto the field !Enough said - long live GG !

what where they singing and how did you know they were turned on? :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Jinxy

Delighted to see the ovation he got and the hordes of kids that made a beeline for him at the final whistle. He was like the pied piper going off the field. ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Not sure but the effect was instant ! What were they singing then ?

dodo

What was that rip off of 'Come on you boys in blue' the Meath supporters were singing ?

Was it 'Come on you Royals in Green' ?