Away from Home

Started by Bomber2312, July 17, 2007, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber2312

When was the last time Dublin played a championship match away from Croker?

Kerry Mike

The Technical answer to that is last Sunday as Croke Park is not their official home Ground.
I just hope they remember that if they get to an All Ireland in the next few years and only get a 18k allocation of tickets and have to share the Hill like any other county that gets to a AI final.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

his holiness nb

The last game outside of Croke Park was last year in Longford.
Ask me holy bollix

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 17, 2007, 12:26:12 PM
The Technical answer to that is last Sunday as Croke Park is not their official home Ground.
I just hope they remember that if they get to an All Ireland in the next few years and only get a 18k allocation of tickets and have to share the Hill like any other county that gets to a AI final.

Hope to Christ that if they ever get to an All-Ireland the Hill is divided evenly, the GAA is a national organisation not a Dublin one. I don't really believe we will have to worry about Dublin in an All-Ireland this year.

Bomber2312

I no that croker isnt the home of the Dubs, thats why i asked the question when was the last time they played away from Croker, the title mrely reflected that Croke park is in fact in Dublin. I know it makes financial sense to hold games in croker but doesnt give the dubs and advantage? Please note i'm not in any way shape or form suggesting that this is the Dubs fault

Gnevin

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 17, 2007, 12:30:49 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 17, 2007, 12:26:12 PM

Hope to Christ that if they ever get to an All-Ireland the Hill is divided evenly, the GAA is a national organisation not a Dublin one. I don't really believe we will have to worry about Dublin in an All-Ireland this year.
The last time the hill was divided the only culchie that turned up was nagging drink 15 year old meath fan about 6 of them , now if yous dont f**king take the tickets we can f**king make yous
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fishead_Sam

I wonder if Croker Park was in Castlebar, Killarney or Letterkenny would the Dubs fill it so regualary? Or to be honest even if it was in Wexford?

Hardy

Now if it was in Manchester ...

his holiness nb

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 17, 2007, 12:30:49 PM
Hope to Christ that if they ever get to an All-Ireland the Hill is divided evenly, the GAA is a national organisation not a Dublin one.

Would you cop on, there was about 4,000 hill tickets allocated to Meath / Louth and Wicklow for the Double header and they didnt take them  ::)

Be honest, most non Dubs DONT WANT Hill tickets when they play Dublin, as opposed to cant get Hill tickets.
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 17, 2007, 12:36:01 PM
I wonder if Croker Park was in Castlebar, Killarney or Letterkenny would the Dubs fill it so regualary? Or to be honest even if it was in Wexford?
I wonder if Mayo was on the moon would it still be a kip ,see i can come up with bullshit agruements too !  ::) ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

GalwayBayBoy

They'd need an atlas for a start.

thebandit

They wouldn't fill it if it was in Bray

Bomber2312

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2007, 12:39:06 PM
I wonder if Mayo was on the moon would it still be a kip ,see i can come up with bullshit agruements too !  ::) ::)

Seriously come on now you could show a small bit of maturity. He does make a valid point, however i'm sure where ever croker was the dubs would fill 40-50 thousand. There was a good crowd down for the mayo league match so i'm sure they'd make the trip for championship. Dont go throwing petty jibes about counties, its stupid.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bomber2312 on July 17, 2007, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2007, 12:39:06 PM

Seriously come on now you could show a small bit of maturity. He does make a valid point, however i'm sure where ever croker was the dubs would fill 40-50 thousand. There was a good crowd down for the mayo league match so i'm sure they'd make the trip for championship. Dont go throwing petty jibes about counties, its stupid.
Bomber his agruement is crap, I just done the same i invented a lie ie mayo is a kip and the added something which will never happen and threw it out their  , Everytime the Dubs have been asked to travel in the championship since 1999 tickets have been like gold dust ,if we had to travel we would.

his holiness nb

Jaysus there were a good few Dubs in Castlebar for the league game (the mayo "firm" were hilarious), I know its all in proportion to population but nine times out of ten its difficult to find an away supporter in Parnell Park at a league game.
Ask me holy bollix