monaghan v donegal

Started by anportmorforjfc, July 15, 2007, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bingobus on July 17, 2007, 04:38:07 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 17, 2007, 04:36:37 PM
Who got sent off for Donegal and will they be back for Monaghan game?

Colm McFadden, I'm sure he will. Presuming he only got a month?

Mc Fadden was  sent off against us, and got a month, he'll be back for your game. Bonner & Mc Cready were sent off against Westmeath, but on two yellows each, so they'll be there for your game too.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bingobus

Big question to be asked of the Banty now. Does he go back to the system that has served him well this year or go to the gameplan used in second half with Corey at FF? Said it before on here that Corey if prob the best FF in the county but he has been as good at FB for the county to date and I don't think the Banty will want to make to many changes. We don't have too many options at the back.

Young Nudie could do a job back there but as he hasn't got any game time to date I doubt he'll be thrown in. Hes strong, has pace and good defensively quality. But maybe his day will come in the next few years.

I can see Colm Flanagan starting. Maybe Morgan losing out. Would love to see Dessie in the half back line, as he has a great engine and can easily join in with the attack. But again his displays at CB might result in staying there.

In attack, Hanners must be under pressure but he can't be totally disheartened from Sunday. The ball played into him and Tommy got was woeful at times. He kicked one great point but maybe tried too hard at times. Lost control of ball on couple of occassions. Would be great impact sub but would would start in his place? Hugh McElory/Paul Meegan - did little of note when introduced on Sunday. I'd go with McElroy myself.

Hopefully Finlay will be back to his best. Thought he made little impact on Sunday. One from play but he was slow to make himslef available at times and Carlin caused us problems due to Finlay not tracking him. Kicked some lovely frees and I think a full 70 minutes display was just not in him. Should do better against Donegal.

Which Donegal will show up on Saturday week? Should be back on track with two wins behind them and I'm sure they will want to put the Tyrone game down to a poor day at the office. An All-Ireland qtr final after winning the National league wouldn't be a bad year and at the Qtr final stage anything can happen.

timmyot501

I think Vinney will be full-back again. If not JP will be moved to defence and Flanagan will most likely replace young morgan this time. Jap needs to be out the field and not at Full-Forward. We could play a full-forward line of Rory - Vinny - Tommy but I think we will probably just try Hughie or throw smith back in to the 14 jersey
Banty has options so it would be very hard to predict - even if he had the team alredy named.

thebandit

1 S Duffy,

2 D Mone, 3 V Corey, 4 C Flanagan,

5 D McArdle, 6 G McQuaid, 7 D Freeman (Capt),

8 E Lennon, 9 JP Mone, 10 D Clerkin,

11 P Finlay, 12 S Gollogly, 14 R Woods,

13 C Hanratty,  15 T Freeman

Only change would be Flanagan in for Morgan

aodhruadh

It looks like Donegal will be picking 6 forwards from these options

Mc Fadden, Devenney,Bonner, Kavanagh
,Roper,Murphy,
Bradley, MHegarty,Wappa, Sweeney, Mc Dermott, Toye

Id be going with the first 4 as certainties, then Roper and Murphy.
with Sweeney lined up to replace Roper after 45 mins or so, and Toye/Bradley/Wappa all in line for some action in the 2nd half.

Thoughts?

donegal gael

donegal have many forward options the forwards in the squad include; brendan devenney colm mc fadden christy toye conal dunne michael doherty michael murphy rory kavanagh ryan bradley ciran bonner johnny mc loone davis walshe odhran doherty adrian sweeney kevin mc menamin benny byrne michael hegarty and brian roper

i would go with

devenney murphy mc fadden
bradley bonner kavanagh

with kavanagh drifting around the middle and murphy dropping out from the full forward line..

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: thebandit on July 18, 2007, 11:02:42 AM
1 S Duffy,

2 D Mone, 3 V Corey, 4 C Flanagan,

5 D McArdle, 6 G McQuaid, 7 D Freeman (Capt),

8 E Lennon, 9 JP Mone, 10 D Clerkin,

11 P Finlay, 12 S Gollogly, 14 R Woods,

13 C Hanratty,  15 T Freeman

Only change would be Flanagan in for Morgan

OR....

1 S Duffy,

2 D McArdle,  3 JP Mone, 4 C Flanagan,

5 D Mone, 6 G McQuaid, 7 D Freeman (Capt),

8 E Lennon, 9 D Clerkin,

10 P Finlay, 11 S Gollogly, 12 R Woods,

13 C Hanratty,  14 V Corey, 15 T Freeman

The reason I'd try Corey in FF is Karol Lacey.. He's a great corner back and would most likely pick up Tommy. I think having Corey there is a great 'option' and if not working/not needed could be pulled back out the field. Wouldn't have to change the team dramatically to do this, jsut move him to FB and bolster MF with JP if necessary. JP can play either FB or MF and Vinny can play either FF or FB. Options can't be a bad thing... This is all quite hypothetical I'd imainge and can't see Banty changing the team dramatically from that which started again Tyrone.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2007, 01:15:39 PM
Will it be all ticket?

Has anyone heard yet, I've scoured various GAA sites and cannot find out??????
Tbc....

bingobus

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 19, 2007, 11:42:45 AM
Will it be all ticket?

The stand is all Ticket, the other parts of the ground will be pay at the gates. Was informed by the County board yesterday.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: bingobus on July 19, 2007, 11:58:01 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 19, 2007, 11:42:45 AM
Will it be all ticket?

The stand is all Ticket, the other parts of the ground will be pay at the gates. Was informed by the County board yesterday.

Thanks for that Bingobus
Tbc....

J70

From the Donegal website...

Ticket information for Donegal v Monaghan
18/07/2007 19:19

Admission to the stand in Healy Park in Omagh for the clash of Donegal and Monaghan on Saturday week next will be by ticket only.

Tickets are priced at €25 and clubs should have their orders placed with county treasurer, Charlie Cannon or county secretary, Crona Regan by 1pm this Saturday.

Admission to the terrace doesnt require a ticket, €20 is payable at the gate and u-16s go free to the terrace.

There will be a limited number of concession tickets available for OAPs in the stand

Main Street

I have to depend on TV or Radio coverage.
I see that RTE are planning live coverage of the Laois V Derry game.
That leaves BBC NI, is there any chance that they would cover it live ?
Hardly likely as they are not one of the 6 county teams

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on July 19, 2007, 03:01:30 PM
I have to depend on TV or Radio coverage.
I see that RTE are planning live coverage of the Laois V Derry game.
That leaves BBC NI, is there any chance that they would cover it live ?
Hardly likely as they are not one of the 6 county teams

T'is a fecking bollox, would love to catch this one, but won't, because of those muppets in Montrose.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Goin Down

Monaghan would be my choice to come out of this one, Donegal just havent performed well enough in the championship to survive.
Remember This.

Redgreenery

Close one this, very hard to call, might go for Monaghan if on good form, if not Donegal.