monaghan v donegal

Started by anportmorforjfc, July 15, 2007, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: orangeman on July 16, 2007, 03:25:45 PM
Donegal have all the ace cards here I think - they can't lose !

donegal can and prob will lose.. they just dont have the same fight in them as monaghan have.

orangeman

Do you not think that getting Monaghan up to the same pace again will be a problem ?

Maguire01

In a word, No.

Sunday's game will only make them stronger and there'll be no nerves this time. I'm not saying that they'll definitely win - it's probably 50/50.
Let's hope we can bring a similar sized crowd to Omagh!

Elias

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 16, 2007, 09:43:10 PM
In a word, No.

Sunday's game will only make them stronger and there'll be no nerves this time. I'm not saying that they'll definitely win - it's probably 50/50.
Let's hope we can bring a similar sized crowd to Omagh!

I'd hold my hat off to Monaghan if the managed to bring the same numbers from Clones to Omagh, they must have had about 20,000 of the total attendance, maybe more.

Made for some atmosphere; and proves the point the Ulster Final should remain in Clones for good

J70

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on July 16, 2007, 04:46:26 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 16, 2007, 03:25:45 PM
Donegal have all the ace cards here I think - they can't lose !

donegal can and prob will lose.. they just dont have the same fight in them as monaghan have.

Hopefully we'll hear plenty of this kind of talk from the media for the next 12 days! ;)

bingobus

I'd be happy if Monaghan can bring 9/10 thousand. That would be a good turnout. There was people home from all sorts of places for the game Sunday, doubt they'll travel again.

Real Talk

I think Monaghan will be mentally and physically well prepared but I would have doubts about their ability to get enough scores. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Don't see why Monaghan can't lift it again for this one -- it's not as if they hadn't big games before Tyrone.  Should be an interesting midfield tussle, if Cassidy's back in the groove there and Gallagher re-established, and I think it will come down simply to a product of midfield prevalence -- whoever wins most primary possession there will win the game.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

timmyot501

This will be a real test and both teams will fancy their chances. Donegal had a tough ulster and never reached the heights of their league form. But they haven't become a bad team and show signs of getting back on track over the past few weeks. The week off will help them too. Monaghan will take heart from their final display and the disappointment can be overturned and the positives taken from the game. It's hard to call.
Many people at the start of the championship had this pairing as a possible ulster final.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

McFadden, Dunnion and Roper all back for Donegal, really looking forward too this match, will be a tough one and love it when other people start writing us off, takes a wee bit of the pressure off the team.
Hopefully will be a good match and I think we (Donegal) can steal it by 3 points.
Tbc....

J70

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2007, 01:15:39 PM
Will it be all ticket?

Would have thought that if it's defo in Healy Park then it will be all-ticket.
Tbc....

GrandMasterFlash

Who got sent off for Donegal again Westmeath and will they be back for Monaghan game?

bingobus

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 17, 2007, 04:36:37 PM
Who got sent off for Donegal and will they be back for Monaghan game?

Colm McFadden, I'm sure he will. Presuming he only got a month?

Kerry Mike

Will he not get a longer sentence as its his second red in a short space of time.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football