Born in the Wrong Place

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 13, 2007, 02:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair point Sligeach, for the week that's in it that's the best that Breheny could come up with!? They deserve each other (Indo + Breheny).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magpie seanie

Quotefor the week that's in it that's the best that Breheny could come up with!? They deserve each other (Indo + Breheny).

This is the type of stuff that makes us country bucks see Dublin as the media darlings and over-hyped. It's not their fault but its bloody annoying.

Tell you what - if Ó'Sé was born in Dublin instead and Whelan was born in Kerry I reckon Ó'Sé would still have more All-Ireland medals.

sligeach

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2007, 03:09:31 PM
Tell you what - if Ó'Sé was born in Dublin instead and Whelan was born in Kerry I reckon Ó'Sé would still have more All-Ireland medals.

He would if only because Whelan wouldn't have gotten on the starting 15 of Kerry.

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2007, 03:09:31 PM
Quotefor the week that's in it that's the best that Breheny could come up with!? They deserve each other (Indo + Breheny).

This is the type of stuff that makes us country bucks see Dublin as the media darlings and over-hyped. It's not their fault but its bloody annoying.

That was the point that I was trying (poorly) to make earlier. Well put.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Imagine the misfortune - to be born into the most populated county in the country and the county with the second most All Ireland titles in history. Poor Ciarán.

If I coulda picked a midfielder to partner Paul McGrane over the past 5 years, he'd be nowhere near the top of the list.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

sligeach

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2007, 03:18:55 PM
Imagine the misfortune - to be born into the most populated county in the country and the county with the second most All Ireland titles in history. Poor Ciarán.

If I coulda picked a midfielder to partner Paul McGrane over the past 5 years, he'd be nowhere near the top of the list.

Who would u have picked ?

Stagmeister

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 13, 2007, 02:45:03 PM
No guarantee that Whelan would have even made the Kerry team if he was a Kerryman never mind be a multiple medal winner over 10 years. It take more than being born in a county to become a legend.

Vinny Murphy was the last Jackeen who thought he could get on the Kerry team, he got a rude awakening, I think he played for our hurlers once or twice though.

This is just another piece of shite to fill space in the Indo on a quite day.

Agree its a stupid article alright but have to say Ciaran Whelan would have walked on to the Kerry team for the last 12 years...I'm not saying he's as good as Dara O'Se because he's not, but he's definitely better than any other midfielder kerry have produced over the last 12 years

Whelan is the most overly criticised player in the GAA...no matter what the man does the same line is thrown out about him going missing in games...yes he goes missing in games but so does every other midfielder in the country, no one can dominate midfield for 70mins not even Dara O'Se

Do you really think Vinnie Murphy wanted to play for Kerry?? I dont know myself what his reasons were for moving down there but I would be shocked if he wanted to line out for the kingdom...obviously kerry had no need for Vinnie Murphy as ye have such an amount of quality players down there and it would be ridculous to have a 'foreign' player in your side when you have that talent at your disposal but at the same time thats not a bad reflection on Vinnie Murphy because he would have been an asset to any county panel in his prime...

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Stagmeister on July 13, 2007, 03:46:58 PM

thats not a bad reflection on Vinnie Murphy because he would have been an asset to any county panel in his prime...

.... except Dublin, of course, who didn't want to play him either.  :D

Jinxy

I hope Whelo doesn't look at this thread. His confidence will be shattered for Sunday.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Stagmeister

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 13, 2007, 03:50:04 PM
.... except Dublin, of course, who didn't want to play him either.  :D

That was only after he went on the pies...but in my opinion he should still have been getting his game

Remember when he came on against kerry in thurles and buried the ball in the back of the net??
He was a great man to take a long ball and swing it over the bar...would walk on to the current Dublin team (the way their forwards are playing thats not saying very much)

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWho would u have picked ?

Well O Sé sticks out as the obvious choice although maybe he's too similar to McGrane. Probably a toss up between Cavanagh and O'Hara. O'Hara's goal scoring prowess might swing it in his favour although its a switch that will unfortunately never be made!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

If Peter the Great had been born in Kerry, you'd never have heard of Maurice Fitzgerald....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sligeach

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2007, 04:05:20 PM
QuoteWho would u have picked ?

Well O Sé sticks out as the obvious choice although maybe he's too similar to McGrane. Probably a toss up between Cavanagh and O'Hara. O'Hara's goal scoring prowess might swing it in his favour although its a switch that will unfortunately never be made!

I was actually thinking Eamon myself although i'm obviously biased.

I wouldn't exactly have considered his goal scoring ability as his best feature. The man runs like a train through defences and no offence to my own county but he practically did 2002 on his own.

Bensars

I dont know why all the indignation !!!

Theres bound to be fellas in Kerry pissed off, by the very fact they werent born in dublin, they dont have the compulsory "chip" on the shoulder !!