Watch out on the road tonight. Wide Load on the way to Croker

Started by Barney, July 12, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rois on August 29, 2008, 11:57:57 AM
Three irishmen crossing crocodile-infested river, Dub, Cork man and Kerryman.  Dub and Cork killed.  Kerryman put on Corkman's jersey that said Cork on the front and All Ireland Winners 2008 on the back, crossed the river no prob.  When questioned how he did it, Kerryman said that even the crocodiles couldn't swallow Cork winning All Ireland. 

Bad joke but thought he was really funny!

That's the joke Sammy Wilson told about Ian Paisley wearing an 'I love the pope' tee-shirt when Ali G interviewed him. Jaysus Billy.

corn02

Yeah even Sammy didn't take as long to finish it. Tierney on top form as usual - AZ can yo uanswer my above question?

AZOffaly

Windmill abu

Song played on Road to Croker is "up around the Bend" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Never underestimate the power of complaining

IolarCoisCuain

Serves me right for asking. That's a very middling joke alright. :(

I blame some cotton-tail in RTÉ for making Billy tell it. Billy would do what he was told because he wouldn't want to lose the gig. There was never a Kerryman yet who didn't fancy the extra few pound. Look at Micko.

Billy had a much better joke in his recent novel, The Last of the Heroes. "In my day, sex was called how's your father. But if you asked your father about how's your father, he'd tell you to ask your mother."

That kills me.  :D

Aghdavoyle

corn02

gorm agus bui

just watched the repeat.Good show bar that wee bollix who must be an embarrasment to the good folk of Donegal

Hoof Hearted

new series back on this Fri night - 10th Juy @ 7.00PM - new presenter Patrick Kielty
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

5 Sams

Not a bad show tonight....no Dessie Cahill yet. Kielty wasnt presenting. He was featured cos of his connections with Dundrum and the Down Minor AI winners in 1987.
The Aristocrat Years

Tyrone Dreamer

Only criticsm would be that to much time was spent looking at the past instead of the games coming up this weekend.

Gnevin

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 11, 2009, 02:40:46 PM
Only criticsm would be that to much time was spent looking at the past instead of the games coming up this weekend.
Why was it only 30 minutes ? Last year it was a hour and most weeks they where pushed to get everything in.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Barney

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Barney on July 11, 2009, 04:49:08 PM
Good show, basically a rebranded Breaking Ball

That's exactly it Barney, and that's why it was so good. It's the same team behind Road to Croker now as were behind Breaking Ball and I thought it was just super. We've been talking over on O'Neill's Journalist Write-Off thread about how Humphries isn't bringing his A game on paper anymore but his and Seán Moran's scripting and editorial work on this was just great. Fair play to everyone involved.

Jinxy

Quote from: Barney on July 11, 2009, 04:49:08 PM
Good show, basically a rebranded Breaking Ball

Which is exactly what's needed.
No live interviews.
No boring anecdotes.
Perfect.
If you were any use you'd be playing.