Football on telly

Started by Bomber2312, July 11, 2007, 03:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisgaa

RTE are only showing one of the Qualifiers this Saturday live from Portlaoise - Galway v Meath at 4pm will be screened live on RTE 2.

There's also a double header of ladies football action on TG4 on Saturday evening.

On Sunday the two All-Ireland Senior Hurling Quarter-finals will be broadcast live on RTE2

Fear ón Srath Bán

Ridiculous, BBC Saorstat Eireann RTE are a fecking joke. We're down to the do-or-die football end of the Championship, and what a balls of a schedule this organisation has comp up with -- arbitrarily deciding which one of the two games on this weekend and the next to show, and most definitely getting it completely wrong on the Monaghan vs Donegal game (why not both?). Angry e-mail being fired off...  >:(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: blast05 on July 14, 2007, 09:17:47 PM
QuoteGiven what I saw in the fantastic Tipp V Cork game and the scenes afterwards, I think RTE choose well. Non event me ass.

Entertaining or not, it was still a non event.

How was it a non-event???????

The winner gets Wexford and the loser gets Waterford.......winning that one game could be said to guarantee a place in the All-Ireland semi-final....they then showed extended highlights of the Mayo v's Derry game and i know which match was better...

paulocon

As a Louth man with tickets for the match, I couldn't care less but wasn't suprised to see the Meath Galway game covered.

Was in Kildare last week and struggled to see Paddy Keenan's goal due to the sun in my eyes.
Was looking forward to seeing the highlights on the Sunday game, my rational being that given there were only 4 qualifiers - they should have some sort of decent highlights...

In fairness, the RTE cameraman there managed to capture the event brilliantly in that he somehow managed to just catch Keenan's shot hitting the net but it was somewhat hard to see due to the sun shining in the one hand-held camera. Absolutely joke coverage once again....

Hardy

Paulocon - is it all ticket, including terraces?

paulocon

Hardy,

All ticket ok. Tickets on sale through ticketmaster but they only have terrace tickets.
I assume stand tickets went to the clubs but I didn't bother looking..

Terrace EUR20 + booking fee (around 2 Euro)
Kids are EUR5 + EUR1 booking fee

Don't think they'll sell out too quick especially now the second game is confirmed for TV.

thechampishere

So RTE have confirmed that they're showing Galway Vs Meath this saturday but have they confirmed which game they will be showing on the following saturday, as there's no mention of it on RTE or any other websites?

paulocon

thechampishere,

I doubt RTE even know who is playing next week...
I'd say it'll be announced on Sunday or maybe early next week...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thechampishere on July 19, 2007, 10:14:21 PM
... but have they confirmed which game they will be showing on the following saturday, as there's no mention of it on RTE or any other websites?

Apparently it's the Derry-Laois game (only), though I'd love to stand corrected on that.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 20, 2007, 12:08:26 AM
Quote from: thechampishere on July 19, 2007, 10:14:21 PM
... but have they confirmed which game they will be showing on the following saturday, as there's no mention of it on RTE or any other websites?

Apparently it's the Derry-Laois game (only), though I'd love to stand corrected on that.

Fear get yourself up to Healy park with that Donegal scarf you have in the cupboard, you know the one, the one you got in 1992..!  ;)
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Stranger things have happened GDA, I'm sure (like certain other Donegal-shirt-wearing-traitors I know from this side of the county border, but we'll say no more about that  ;))! Could make it yet, strictly scarfless!  ;)

thechampishere

I'm kinda hoping that you's are right about it being Laois Vs Derry live next weekend. I've managed to get every weekend off work from now until the end of the championship but it would be a bit of a journey for me from london to kingspan breffni and it would cost a fair bit as well lol!!! The only thing is now that the hurling qf's being postponed until next saturday, we may not see any football live next weekend. Just like to pass on my sympathies to the mcgarry family and fair play to the gaa for having the sense to postpone the matches

RIP Vanessa and i think eveyone's thoughts are with their families at this time

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 20, 2007, 12:49:13 AM
Stranger things have happened GDA, I'm sure (like certain other Donegal-shirt-wearing-traitors I know from this side of the county border, but we'll say no more about that  ;))! Could make it yet, strictly scarfless!  ;)

I thought all Ulster teams supported their neighbours ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on July 20, 2007, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 20, 2007, 12:49:13 AM

I thought all Ulster teams supported their neighbours ?

Different issue JP, this lady (whom I 'caught' by chance as we were driving into Clones), is a Tyrone native who's married to a Donegal lad (both teams still live in the Ulster), not that there's anything wrong with that, and she now might have spent slightly more than 50% of her life just across the county border in Lifford, but still... though I'd swear she had a Tyrone shirt by the final whistle  ;)

johnpower

I know a lad born in Wexford Father Offaly Mother Killkenny and he follows them all never loses in Leinster hurling although he is not too keen on the dubs