Football on telly

Started by Bomber2312, July 11, 2007, 03:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westmayo

On the GAA on tv issue, was reading RTE's blurb on their website about Des Cahill's new show tonight, it'll be interesting to see what it's like. On the RTE blurb, they said the that the programme is being made by the production company that did breaking ball, so here's hoping it can come somewhere as near as good as that was

Pietas

You can nearly bet your life that it will be a bag of pants. :-\
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

intoDwest

Will the Mayo Derry match be shown on Setanta during the week??

rosnarun

QuoteYou can nearly bet your life that it will be a bag of pants
its amazing how bad on TV radio presenters are Cahill con murphy and even Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh (remember the Monday game).
RTE need to recruit proper TV people to present the show. Maybe some of the lads from Off the ball . they seem likea bit of crack though i dont think TV suit s that kind of free wheeling syler of banter.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Bogball XV

Quote from: intoDwest on July 12, 2007, 11:12:13 AM
Will the Mayo Derry match be shown on Setanta during the week??
i would think it'll be on setanta, if not we'll see nothing of it as the sunday game will devote approx 5 mins per qualifier the following night (whilst still probably giving us a complete review of the Cork v Tipp, pitch opening game the previous night)
Did anyone ask RTE what their logic was when making the decision?

I'm still blaming Bev lads, RTE have the camera's on hand down in Cork, so it's cheaper than sending an outside broadcast unit up to Derry.

intoDwest

Dont get us started on about Bev again................................Jesus its like Saipan all over down here!!! I'll count the time until sammy the fish says somthing!!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI'm still blaming Bev lads, RTE have the camera's on hand down in Cork, so it's cheaper than sending an outside broadcast unit up to Derry.

Of course RTÉ actually got more than double as settlement than what they would have gottn had they pressed Flynn to bankruptacy so maybe, if they hadn't, they'd be no money for a game of saturday and we'd be watching a Simpsons repeat.

But I digress........
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Louth Exile

Quote from: westmayo on July 12, 2007, 11:00:16 AM
On the GAA on tv issue, was reading RTE's blurb on their website about Des Cahill's new show tonight, it'll be interesting to see what it's like. On the RTE blurb, they said the that the programme is being made by the production company that did breaking ball, so here's hoping it can come somewhere as near as good as that was

I'm going to watch it expecting it to be s.h.1.t and if its any good sure it'll be a pleasant surprise, twisted logic I know..
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: intoDwest on July 12, 2007, 12:12:37 PM
Dont get us started on about Bev again................................Jesus its like Saipan all over down here!!! I'll count the time until sammy the fish says somthing!!!

No intoDwest it obviously was Enda Kennys fault for not conceeding the election the day Bertie went up to disolve the Dail, he should have given up straight away & saved all that money spent on political shows, they could now be using that money to show the Mayo game  ;)

The truth is lads they had to choose a game and they choose the wrong one (in my opinion), this is one of the times when there isn't a conspiracy story,

Jaz lads I thought there was a Countywide thruce until we exit the Championship (in September  ;D  )

Everyone just go to the game and then we won't need tv coverage at all.

joemamas

taken from RTE'S website

The outstanding tie today is the Derry v Mayo clash at Celtic Park

As I have said before, you cannot make this sh*t up.

Gold

im ragin they r shown that feckin hurling non-event. im dyin 2 watch a football match 2nite
feckin terrible decisiion by RTE

The Tipp/Cork game is gonna b a bore--i'd far rather watch Louth and Kildare OR even FAR better watch Antrim v Clare in the Tommy Murphy Cup or ANTRIM AND Galway in the hurling as both need to win to go through

Its a fuckin disgrace
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gnevin

In reality this is the GAA fault not RTE's , The contract should of stated that RTE will show 1 Hurling and 1 football match on qualifier weekends
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

didlyi

Given what I saw in the fantastic Tipp V Cork game and the scenes afterwards, I think RTE choose well. Non event me ass.

blast05

QuoteGiven what I saw in the fantastic Tipp V Cork game and the scenes afterwards, I think RTE choose well. Non event me ass.

Entertaining or not, it was still a non event.

darbyo

QuoteGiven what I saw in the fantastic Tipp V Cork game and the scenes afterwards, I think RTE choose well. Non event me ass

That's not the point, if it was the other way around and a football qualifier in which both teams were still in it was shown in favour of a hurling match in which one of the participants would be knocked out of the championship,you would have hurling folk going on about how the GAA is a football dominated organisation etc.. The bottom line is that both codes should get a fair airing.