All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship

Started by Lone Shark, July 11, 2007, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteNeat victory for Cork without getting out of 2nd gear for most of the game. A dubious disallowed goal and v poor free taking made it alot closer than it should have been. Dublin are decent when on top but when Cork did get on top  they cut the Dublin defense to shreds. Dublin would do well to study the master class in how to close a game out that Cork gave in the last 12 mins.

Even the Cork coach was on the Sunday Game last night saying that they were hanging on during the last 10 minutes.

Onlooker

When Lone Shark opened this thread on 11th July, he quoted Dublin at 5/2 to win the All Ireland with Cork at 8/1.  I said at the time they were crazy odds and last Saturday night proved that.  I hope that Tipp will be good enough to retain the title, but if they beat Kilkenny on Sunday, they will find it hard enough to beat Cork in the final.

tayto

Quote from: Pull Hard Hes No Relation on August 06, 2007, 05:55:13 PM
We all have our own county alliegances but we shoudl be able to recognise good teams no matter what part of the country they are from so TBT I think you should be giving some credit to a damn good Dublin minor team.

Well said, two very good teams, heart breaking stuff really, there really was nothing in it at the end. Cork took their goals in their period of dominance and we didnt.
We can make excuses about the weather and not playing in Croke Park but at the end of the day it wont make any different. Well done to Cork. Glad we proved we can live with the best teams in the country at this level, long may it continue.

INDIANA

congrats to tipp -the best minor hurling team i've ever seen. really could ahve beaten cork today by an absolute cricket score had they taken their chances. tipp could get 10 players off that team if they keep them off the booze.