All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship

Started by Lone Shark, July 11, 2007, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Just had a stab at this. Feel free to critique, but better yet, feel free to bet.....

Tipperary       2/1
Dublin       5/2
Kilkenny       3/1
Galway       5/1
Cork       8/1
Antrim      33/1

tayto

why such long odds on cork? did they lose that badly to tipp?

aontroim

Any odds on quarter-final games Lone Shark?

Lone Shark

They were a good five or six points worse, plus they'll be underdogs in every game they play fom now on.

Quarter final odds will be the week of the games. Antrim will probably be around 5/1 or so, but no promises.

Onlooker

Last year Cork beat Tipp in the Munster Final and Tipp won the All Ireland.   Cork could well come in the "back door" this year.  Certainly, they are not an 8/1 shot for the All Ireland, when Kilkenny (well beaten by Dublin) are 3/1.

tayto

I'll have some of that ... where'd I bet?

Lone Shark

Hound

Minor Fixtures

Saturday, August 4
ESB All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final
Portlaoise 7pm Dublin v Cork

Sunday, August 12
ESB All Ireland Minor Hurling Championship Semi-Final
Croke Park 12.15pm Tipperary v Kilkenny

Dublin hurlers don't get to play in Croker  :'(

tayto

INDIANA

gutted couldn't make it due to work -listening to it though we were cruising untill the goals. saw cork last wek looked a fine team. disappointing that twice in 3 years now we have failed to follow through on leinster final victories.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Working hard Indy ;) Bank holiday weekend and you wasting a day in work ;)

Canalman

Awful weather conditions in PL last night which imo suited the far bigger Cork team.The referee imo gave two awful decisions against the Dubs while they were attacking and both of which led to Cork's 2 goals
90% of the crowd supported the Dubs.
The 2 goals made the difference as did the huge Cork half back line.
Hopefully we can get another crack at them in U 21 championship.

TBT

Neat victory for Cork without getting out of 2nd gear for most of the game. A dubious disallowed goal and v poor free taking made it alot closer than it should have been. Dublin are decent when on top but when Cork did get on top  they cut the Dublin defense to shreds. Dublin would do well to study the master class in how to close a game out that Cork gave in the last 12 mins.

INDIANA

do us a favour mate- you were hanging on for dear life. One of the lads on my team is from cork and talking to him last night- he said bar 10 mins either side of half time-dublin were by far the better team. until the two goals you were being hurled off the park and by all accouns we could have levelled in the last minute. From what i saw of the tipp minors earlier in the year in a challenge against dublin i think tipp will win out in the end. If they ever put a decent manager in charge of their senior team they'd wipe the floor with the rest of munster at senior level because the level of talent in the county is quite extraordinary.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Was at the match on Saturday night and have to say that the conditions definitely suited the bigger and stronger Cork lads. Dublin looked like a really good team and this would have been a cracking game in terms of quality hurling bar for the conditions.
I don't know about TBT but I was living on the nerves the last 10 minutes and in fairness the ref gave one or two dubious calls at important parts of the game - the biggest injustice here in my mind is that two of the best minor teams in the country weren't afforded the opportunity to play in Croker!
Cork will have it all to do in the final against Tipp but remember that last year that beat Tipp in the Munster final and yet Tip went on to win the All-Ireland - whats the chances of a role reversal this year? Dub Manager seemed to think this is what will happen.
We all have our own county alliegances but we shoudl be able to recognise good teams no matter what part of the country they are from so TBT I think you should be giving some credit to a damn good Dublin minor team.