All Ireland Minor Football Championship

Started by Lone Shark, July 11, 2007, 11:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

Backdoor draw I assume has to be made yet, I presume it's open in terms of who gets what backdoor teams?

Anyway, I've had a stab at it. Rather than Carlovians and Rossies getting all indignant and such, I'd prefer if ye just logged on and bet.

Cheers.

Laois       3/1
Derry       7/2
Cork       4/1
Tyrone       9/2
Kerry      11/2
Galway       7/1
Roscommon   16/1
Carlow      33/1

Bogball XV

Fair play to you LS, taking a chance pricing it up before the main protagonists get involved this weekend - I'd say that could be a big price on the current Hogan and All Ireland Voc schools champions, Tyrone.
Will the draw be open this year?  Since the minor semi's will be played prior to the senior semi's I would have thought that they'll try and end up with the same pairings, ie Ulster v Conaught semi, and Leinster v Munster semi?  But given the lack of information on the gaa's totally shite website, who would know.
BTW where can I find a list of scorers in the hurling and football championship to date (this season)?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 11, 2007, 12:12:09 PM
Fair play to you LS, taking a chance pricing it up before the main protagonists get involved this weekend - I'd say that could be a big price on the current Hogan and All Ireland Voc schools champions, Tyrone.

Sssshhhhhhhhh!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lone Shark

I am well aware that Tyrone's minor league form is a bit of an anomaly in that there were certainly no Omagh CBS lads involved and there were a few others missing as well - however Derry look savage strong so far too, and if you have to take on a provincial winner in the QF it's a tough road from there.

It looks like a good standard all round - that Laois team is as good as I've seen come out of Leinster in a long time, whatever people might say about their recruitment techniques, while the Cork lads are building nicely as well and are meant to be very decent. A lot of good teams in it this year.

Basically the draw is Ulster winner vs Connacht, Leinster vs Munster - but as far as I'm aware the provincial runners up will be open draw, and if for argument's sake Kerry knock off Galway in the quarters, they take the place of the Connacht champions for the semi finals.

For the top scorers, what I can do is post you a list of my odds for top scorer, and I have every player's tally so far in brackets.

Eoin Kelly (Tipp) (38)       1/1
Damien Murray (42)       5/2
Henry Shefflin (21)       7/2
Joe Deane (23)      10/1
Niall Gilligan (20)      16/1
Eugene Cloonan (15)      25/1
Ben O'Connor (21)      33/1
Andrew O'Shaughnessy (21)      50/1
James Young (28)      66/1
Eoin Kelly (Wat) (13)      66/1
Willie Ryan (20)      66/1
Rory Jacob (9)      100/1
Dan Shanahan (19)      100/1
Karl McKeegan (15)      200/1
Neil McManus (13)      200/1
Brian Delargy (3)      200/1

James Masters (27)       1/1
Conor Mortimer (13)       6/1
Mark Vaughan (11)      10/1
John Doyle (15)      12/1
Brendan Devenney (8)      14/1
Tommy Freeman (12)      16/1
MJ Tierney (11)      16/1
Paddy Bradley (10)      16/1
Mark Brehony (14)      20/1
MF Russell (7)      20/1
Colm Cooper (10)      25/1
Nicky Joyce (11)      25/1
Conal Keaney (12)      33/1
Colm McFadden (7)      33/1
Padraig Joyce (9)      33/1
Dessie Dolan (11)      33/1
Brian Farrell (6)      50/1
Ciarán O'Reilly (9)      50/1
Tomás Quinn (4)      66/1
Owen Mulligan (3)      100/1
Eoin Brosnan (9)      100/1
Stephen O'Neill (2)      100/1
Conleth Gilligan (8)      100/1
Alan Brogan (7)      100/1
Ross Munnelly (1)      200/1
Darren Clarke (11)      200/1
Ciarán Hanratty (7)      200/1
Paul Finlay (5)      200/1
Brian McDonald (2)      200/1
Cormac Bane (8)      200/1
Aaron Hoey (11)      200/1
Mark Lynch (5)      300/1
Colm McCullough (4)      300/1
Mark Stanfield (11)      300/1

ONeill

No turf-making superstitions. It's Tyrone's turn - 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007(?) (Each time followed by another Ulster winner - Down, Derry, Down)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossie11

Lone Shark

1/3 the odds to finish in the first two. I'll have to see the draw before I can be sure that it'll continue though. If for example there was one finalist coming out of Cork/Galway/Ros/Carlow I wouldn't be mad happy with each way.

blanketattack

What were Masters' odds before the season started?

Lone Shark

He was always the favourite - 5/1 or so if memory serves. Obviously starting off with 1-7 and 2-7 brought him in a fair bit.

Rossfan

I believe the Quarter Finals are long ago fixed as Connacht winners v Leinster runners up and vice/vera. Munster Winners v ..........
The Semis will be as the Senior rota- winner of Connacht Champions game v winner of Ulster Champions game.
I was told all this by people from our Minor Camp.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SuperDooperCooper

I emailed the GAA yesterday asking for confirmation of the draw and this is what I have received back.
CRAOBH PEILE NA hÉIREANN MIONÚIR 2007 (ALL IRELAND SERIES)
[2006 - All Ireland Minor Champions - Ros Comáin]

Quarter-Finals 04/05/06.08.07 (W/E)
1.     Connacht Winners v Laighin Runners Up
2.     Laighin Winners v Connacht Runners Up
3.     Mumha Winners v Uladh Runners Up
4.     Uladh Winners v Mumha Runners Up

Semi-Finals
Connacht/1           v        Uladh/4

Laighin/2    v        Mumha/3

Final

Hard to see Kerry progressing much further but with minors you never know.

jaykay

Now that you know this Lone Shark Roscommon surely must be the rank outsiders, they possibly have to beat the Leinster and Ulster champions before they even get another crack at Galway  :P

Lone Shark

They definitely won't have to play the Ulster champions - but I think 16/1 7th favourite of eight is making them outsiders enough, no?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dodo

Lone Shark, can you give me a link to the Ladbrokes site GAA odds ?

Will the £60 free bet for opening an online account be valid for GAA bets ?

Thanks.