Leinster Minor Football Final 2007 Laois v Carlow

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 10, 2007, 05:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

As the conveyer belt of talent that is Laois underage football keeps turning, Laois are now going for their Third Leinster Minor Final win in 4 years.
This by all reports is one of the best minor teams to come out of Laois
They have already inflicted heavy defeats on Dublin and Offaly
I don't know a whole lot about this Carlow team but am delighted to see them in the Final,but going on Laois's previous games plus that they have a few of the U/21 team that won the Leinster and just missed out on winning the All Ireland i would expect Laois to win handy enough
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DownFanatic

Leinster must be a poor standard at Minor level. Carlow played in the Ulster League this year and they were abysmal.

Tatler Jack

Laois very good by all reports but from early in the year heard Carlow had a good team. They drew with Cork in a challenge game back in April and Cork have won Munster handily enough. Would be great to see Carlow win but Laois probably too strong. Its amazing how over the past 10 years Laois have become so powerful at under age level - way ahead of the other Leinster counties. Surely it has to translate in to senior success at some stage.

The Real Laoislad

Yeah between U/21's and Minors Laois are shit hot and there is no county in Leinster that can touch Laois at the moment not even the Mighty Dubs..
Surely it has to pay off at senior level sometime soon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

trouble is you've been saying that for  a decade now!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2007, 06:38:20 PM
trouble is you've been saying that for  a decade now!

Yeah nearly as long as the papers have been saying that Dublin are gonna win a All Ireland
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shrewdness

If Laois have their expected win on Sunday, it means they will be playing Roscommon in the Quarter Final.......Is it fair to say to the Laois boys here that ye will be hot favourites to win that game?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 10, 2007, 08:19:52 PM
If Laois have their expected win on Sunday, it means they will be playing Roscommon in the Quarter Final.......Is it fair to say to the Laois boys here that ye will be hot favourites to win that game?

How good are the Rossies? Many of last years team?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Don

I dont think this is through. I though it was Munster v Leinster and Ulster v Connacht. I read that a few of the Laois players are actually from Carlow. A Team that beats Offaly well and Dublin well after a replay v a team that is still improving after beating wexford, westmeath, louth and Meath might lead you to think there is little between the teams. But the fact that it is wee Carlow they will be huge underdogs, strange.

INDIANA

that laois team is the best minor team they'v ever had - laois by 10- they have some outfit from what've i've seen.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Don on July 10, 2007, 11:05:24 PM

I dont think this is through. I though it was Munster v Leinster and Ulster v Connacht. I read that a few of the Laois players are actually from Carlow. A Team that beats Offaly well and Dublin well after a replay v a team that is still improving after beating wexford, westmeath, louth and Meath might lead you to think there is little between the teams. But the fact that it is wee Carlow they will be huge underdogs, strange.

Their not from Carlow they are from Graigcullen,which is a small village on the edge of Carlow town but 90% of it is in County Laois
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Donnie Kingston is from Carlow and James Doyle is from Athy, Doyle played with Athy up until last year when he was poached by Laois, his inter-county transfer should never have been approved.

Would love to see Carlow win.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Quotewhen he was poached by Laois

Ah the Micko legacy, never to be forgotten it seems.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Don

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2007, 08:35:51 AM
Donnie Kingston is from Carlow and James Doyle is from Athy, Doyle played with Athy up until last year when he was poached by Laois, his inter-county transfer should never have been approved.

Would love to see Carlow win.

Kingston played for Tinryland I believe and even played for Carlow at underage. Difficult to say that this is the best team ever. Won nothing yet. Young lads probably wont take that pressure to well which wont do them any good

INDIANA

We'll call laois rest of leinster then so.
Seriously though it is some outfit they have.