J Woodlock(Drom & Inch)
S Lillis(Thurles Sarsfields)

R O'Dwyer(Cashel King Cormacs)
T McGrath(Mujhas)
D Egan(Kildangan-capt)

P Burke(Thurles Sarsfields)
D O'Hanlon(Carrick Swans)
D Hickey(Boherlan-Dualla)

Anyone heading to the Pairc tonight ? Should be a cracker,that looks like a strong Tipp team on paper,lots of senior experience dotted around anyway.

Im not a fan of Jim Bob but he has two good ones alongside him,surely Stapelton should be at 6 though,Brendan Maher must be dizzy,wing forward Sunday,corner back Tuesday !

bottlethrower7

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on July 10, 2007, 01:46:26 PM
Brendan Maher must be dizzy,wing forward Sunday,corner back Tuesday !

that the captain of the minors? I've heard great things.

homeofhurling8

Yeah thats the chap Bt,he has been lumbered with the "next Eoin Kelly" tag for quite a while now,he's not as precocious as the boy wonder was at his age but i must admit he does look a bit special.

GalwayBayBoy

Cork won by a point after a big comeback apparently.

TBT

Great comeback from Cork to nick it in the end.
Expectation was low with little faith in the management after last yrs Munster final debacle and the loss of Shane O Neill and THe Rock Og.
Very satisfying victory. They fairly stramrolled Tipp in the last 15 mins. Hopefully the likes of Eoin Cadogan, Leigh Desmond, Pat Horgan ( missed about 1-5) will follow in the footsteps of Patrick Cronin, soon.
A bitter defeat for Tipp. They had high hopes and possibly outnumbered Cork. A win would have helped the morale of the seniors who seem to be stuck in a rut.
Maybe their morale will take another tumble next Saturday.  ;D

GalteeMountainBoy

A real "ah jaysus" type of result for Tipp.

Was tuned into Tipp FM so my comments are qualfied but it would appear that we suffered the final quarter scutters once again. Sounded like a poor match, Tipp ahead 0-6 to 0-2 at half time, two quick goals had it seven or so ahead, then the long slow and predictable reeling in. Cork's injury time winner was the only time they led us I believe over the hour.

Revenge for Thurles last year for them.

Its a very disapointing result for Tipp,with a healthy sprinkling of Senior panelists and survivors of last year augmented by some the leadling light of last year's All Ireland Minor winning team I had expected us to go very well in this grade this year. Not to be.

Worse still looks like James Woodlock is injured for Saturday night, Danny O' Hanlon either caught stagefright or gambled with an injury and didn't perform.

Bad Bad week for Tipperary GAA, we lost the Boy Wonder on Saturday, Paul Curran gets his jaw broken and is sans a couple of teeth. Dec Browne hangs up the boots, The Under 21s get dry gulched, and according to the morning papers Paul Ormonde has handed in his notice to Babs as well.

the ship

can anybody remember  how babs got appointed as tipp manager or does anybody have the names of the people who appointed him, we must have the oldest manager and the oldest county chairman in the country both still living in the sixties