Where will you spend the eleventh night/twelfth?

Started by Rois, July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tonto on July 10, 2007, 07:24:08 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 10, 2007, 11:13:39 AM
Well there is one thing for sure. Thursday will see an end to this bad weather. It never rains on the 12th.

Aye, I know, it hasn't rained on the 12th for.... oh.... a good year. ::)

Fingers crossed eh Tonto?
Tbc....

Tonto

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 10, 2007, 07:30:59 PM
Well there is one thing for sure. Thursday will see an end to this bad weather. It never rains on the 12th.

Fingers crossed eh Tonto?

Aye, hopefully the good weather will return for Thursday and Friday - then I don't care what it does. :)

Dubh driocht

In Orange County (LA not Armagh)drinking Bud Light with wife,children,bro-in-law and nephew plotting Down's return to the pinnacle and trying to forget about Saturday evening.A long night ahead

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 10, 2007, 10:02:28 PM

Good Weather forecast for Thursday  >:(

Shite I know, but at least there's a high UV index....!  ;)
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Credit to the organizers of the bonfire at Stoneyford - they are using a beacon, this could be the way forward for these environmental disasters.
Tbc....

illdecide

Where will i spend the 11th/12th night???

Hopefully buried to the straps :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Evil Genius

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 11, 2007, 01:13:36 PM
Credit to the organizers of the bonfire at Stoneyford - they are using a beacon, this could be the way forward for these environmental disasters.

Progress?
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/article2554055.ece

Maybe not...
http://www.sinnfein.ie/news/detail/19494

Just what would one lot do, if the other didn't exist?  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Tonto

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 10, 2007, 10:02:28 PM

Good Weather forecast for Thursday   ;D

Fantastic!

And this may well be the last time I'm on before the weekend, so I'd just like to wish everyone a peaceful and enjoyable Twelfth, as I intend to.  And have a good time doing whatever you're doing.

I'm now going to do a bit of tidying up at one of my local Orange Halls which vandals tried to burn down last night.

Quis Separabit?

Fishead_Sam

Just wondering would the London Government allow massive polluting bonfires in Yorkshire or Essex where they burned French Tricolours or German flags? or Effigies of Allah in Hyde Park.

Surely the burning of the Flag of Britains real closest allie & friend within its territory is blatent insightment of hatred no different from Cross Burning in the Southern States of America.

>:(

Gnevin

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 11, 2007, 02:28:56 PM
Just wondering would the London Government allow massive polluting bonfires in Yorkshire or Essex where they burned French Tricolours or German flags? or Effigies of Allah in Hyde Park.

Surely the burning of the Flag of Britains real closest allie & friend within its territory is blatent insightment of hatred no different from Cross Burning in the Southern States of America.

I never got the whole cross burning thing , what was that about . Aren't the KKK meant to be religious at least to the extent they hate Catholics ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Gnevin on July 11, 2007, 02:30:49 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 11, 2007, 02:28:56 PM

I never got the whole cross burning thing , what was that about . Aren't the KKK meant to be religious at least to the extent they hate Catholics ?

They decided that they no longer hated Catholics in the 1970's because they couldn't recruit enough Protestant Racists & Bigots, so they passed a motion that they where no longer Papist haters so they could recruit some Bigoted Catholics to keep up the numbers.

Convienant Racism if I ever heard of it.

ONeill

I'll be at a fun-day in Waterfoot. A sort-of anti-12th with no beer nor burning of Tricolours.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Balboa

Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2007, 02:54:01 PM
I'll be at a fun-day in Waterfoot. A sort-of anti-12th with no beer nor burning of Tricolours.

O'Neill you will be in Gods own country so treat it well  ;)

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on July 11, 2007, 02:30:49 PM
Burning the cross wasn't an anti religious thing, they claimed it was about symbolizing love for Christ.
We know thats true, sure didn't they model many of their rituals after the Scottish fraternal orders.

Square Ball

Quote from: Balboa on July 11, 2007, 11:26:32 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2007, 02:54:01 PM

O'Neill you will be in Gods own country so treat it well  ;)
[/quote

Drink in the Mariners its a better craic
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid