Super Dubs once again Biggest Crowd pullers

Started by Tankie, July 09, 2007, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boozehell

Unfortunately it's not just the Dublin Fans that have some bad elements it is the Dublin Players aswell.  I'm referring back to the match when they threw a hissy fit just because they could not warm in front of their fans on Hill 16 and also the match in the National League a couple of years ago against Tyrone.  For any kids watching it was nothing short of a disgrace and because it was Dublin it was just swept under the carpet.
Down GAA to the last.

Tankie

Quote from: Boozehell on July 10, 2007, 03:58:56 PM
Unfortunately it's not just the Dublin Fans that have some bad elements it is the Dublin Players aswell.  I'm referring back to the match when they threw a hissy fit just because they could not warm in front of their fans on Hill 16 and also the match in the National League a couple of years ago against Tyrone.  For any kids watching it was nothing short of a disgrace and because it was Dublin it was just swept under the carpet.

Who is this muppet, i think its better he's just ignored! ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

SuperSub

Problem there is The Dubs think they own Croke Park and treat it as a Home venue

Boozehell

Quote from: SuperSub on July 10, 2007, 04:01:39 PM

Problem there is The Dubs think they own Croke Park and treat it as a Home venue

I agree.  They once tried to get a match to Croke Park all to themselves as so many of their supporters wanted to see the match.  Well boo hoo it is a shame that somebody else will get to see their team play in Croke Park and take a ticket away from a Dublin Supporter.
Down GAA to the last.

The Hill is Blue

We certainly owned Croke Park on that day back in the 1980s when Cork walked off the pitch in a sulk and refused to play extra time. What a cheer when Barney Rock shot the winning goal into an empty net while the Cork team were on their way to the railway station.

One of the great days to be a Dub in Croker!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Kerry Mike

It was a pity that the referee did not blow up Barney for over carrying or if Barney had put it wide it would have been some craic.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

SuperSub

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 10, 2007, 04:41:15 PM

We certainly owned Croke Park on that day back in the 1980s when Cork walked off the pitch in a sulk and refused to play extra time. What a cheer when Barney Rock shot the winning goal into an empty net while the Cork team were on their way to the railway station.

One of the great days to be a Dub in Croker!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dublin have won two All Irelands since 1983.........
Cork have won two football All Irelands and seven hurling All Irelands in the same period....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think i win ;)

Tankie

I dont think Dublin think they own Croke Park (even tho they have paid a shit load for it in gate receipts 6m so far this year), I think the problem is that we don't have a big enough stadium for when the bangwagon gets rolling! its grand for the Nordies when Clones is to small they can upgrade to Croker but we have no where  to go.

Maybe we could head over to Wembley or the Neu Camp ;) ;) ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 10, 2007, 04:49:18 PM
..... or if Barney had put it wide it would have been some craic.

That was the big (what if) talking point after the game.  ;D
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Gnevin

No the problem is culchies seem to think Dubs think they own Croke Park which is crap i'd love to hear the moaning if Dublin put major home games in parnell park
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: SuperSub on July 10, 2007, 04:52:08 PM

.....and who did they beat in both semi-finals on the way to those All Ireland wins?  ;D 

SuperSub

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 10, 2007, 05:03:38 PM

.....and who did they beat in both semi-finals on the way to those All Ireland wins?  ;D 

Ok you win ::)

Cork have won 9 All Irelands in the same time Dublin have won two....And all you can come back at me is that you beat Cork in the semis....Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: SuperSub on July 10, 2007, 05:07:34 PM

Cork have won 9 All Irelands in the same time Dublin have won two....And all you can come back at me is that you beat Cork in the semis....Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell

So its ok for me to remind him of the Semi in '06 ;D

The Hill is Blue

Face up to it – when the Cork footballers meet the Dubs in the championship they always fold.

Tankie

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 10, 2007, 05:11:47 PM

So its ok for me to remind him of the Semi in '06 ;D

Sorry Fishhead your only aloud to talk about semi - final wins if you go and win an actual All - Ireland some day. ;D

I heard you's have good women footballers over there tho :P
Grand Slam Saturday!