CONNACHT MINOR FINAL - Ros Comáin v them lads

Started by Rossfan, July 03, 2007, 10:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

This could well be the best football game of the weekend  :)
We looked good against Mayo but then again the Mayo posters say it was a verra bad Mayo team  :P
Galway bet us well in the Connacht League but werent as impressive against Sligo. Still that was their first Championship game so I suspect they will be a lot sharper on Sunday.
Hopefully we can do the business but it won't be easy.
While defeat is not the end of the road I'd prefer to see us enter the All Ireland series as Provincial Champions but wemight be glad of the back door yet. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whassupp2

"them lads"..... ;D ;D ;D

Heres hopin for a Ross win....
Bumper weekend in the Hyde Park
3 matches - 2 days
I'd say the pitch will be in some mess.
Féile games played there last fri and sat. Ros played a challenge on sat evenin. club hurling game afterwards. Then theres all the training that the senior and minor teams will do on it this week!!!!

and all this bad weather ??? ???
take the opportunity of a lifetime in the lifetime of the opportunity

heineken_on_tap

This is going to be interesting ...........Galway probably should of beaten us last year. It was just a lucky goal that saved us on the day ......however from that confidence grew in the camp .  Hard to predict minor matches but suppose the fact that the losers will also advance takes a bit of gloss of it. Ros playing at home but there will be a much bigger support for Galway, saying that i guess the Sligo people will roar on Ros  ;). Fergie will be elected if he brings us another connaught title

An Fhairche Abu

Based on Galway lucky escape from Carrick against the Sligo minors (who should have really won) and Roscommon's emphatic dimissal of Mayo you'd have to make Roscommon favourites to win, but minors are very unpredictable, either side winning wouldn't be a major shock.

ross matt

Congrats to Galway. Deserved their win. Tough match played in terrible showers (including hail) in the 2nd half. The sending off (still dont know what it was for - think verbals) was crucial. Galway used their extra man well in the last 15 minutes.

We had alot of ball in the 1st half with little to show for it. Some of this is down to excellent harrying by the Galway backs. Shine kicked some great frees but is not yet back to himself after injury and contributed little to general play. Fergie made the Ross lads watch the Galway cup presentation out of respect but I'm sure some of his motive was to make them feel what its like to lose a title and hopefully they can regroup for the qualifiers. I think under him they definitely will.

GalwayBayBoy

What was the final score?

Didn't think the young lads would win this one so congrats to them. Hopefully they can go a bit further than in the past few years when I think they lost three quarter-finals by a point.

I imagine Roscommon could have a say later on yet.

ross matt

Galway won by 2-6 to 9 points but got their goal on stroke of full time. Massive drop kick in to the full forward line which was brilliantly taken down on the chest and buried. Ross had been pushing hard and it looked like it was heading for a draw. Galway had one or two nice corner forwards.

GalwaySham

QuoteTough match played in terrible showers (including hail) in the 2nd half. The sending off (still dont know what it was for - think verbals) was crucial. Galway used their extra man well in the last 15 minutes.

I thought it was an excellent game considering the conditions during it.

Our no.22 had a great game. I didnt see your player do anything to deserve a sending off but geez, that ref gave an awful lof of decisions in Roscommon's favour.

jaykay

I dont know how that ref got to do a provential minor final, he must have won it in a raffle.  Gave a lot of crazy soft frees, fair enough most were in Ros' favour but the sending off  ???

neilthemac

course he did  :o well done to Galway, though I feel there is a lot more in both of the teams

thought the Galway team's tackling was over physical at times and they were lucky to get away with less frees and cards from the ref

a joke having a referee from inside the province doing that game. should have been an outside ref like for the senior game

galwayman

That was a very good win for Galway considering the squad of players that are there at the moment.They are nowhere near as good as other Galway minor teams over the last few years - even last year's side were much better in my opinion.
I think it's good for Galway though that they'll play the Leinster runners up this year as I'd expect Laois to beat Carlow in the Leinster final and you would prefer to be playing Carlow than Kerry or Tyrone/Derry in a quarter final.
The midfield area once again was very poor for Galway as it was against Sligo and they need to serously work on this area or they won't go much further. Ros can still have a big say in the championship yet.

Does anyone know what day this game will be shown during the week on Setanta?

magpie seanie

That Corcoran is a total p***k of a ref. Hate the sight of him.

Well done to Galways minors. That Michael Martyn is a fine player.

Rossfan

That bloody ref was a disaster. We got little or no protection from him.
Hopefully Fergie will be able to lift them and with Shine and Carty back to something approaching fitness in a few weeks time we might not be finished just yet.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossie11

Thought in fairness after the sending off the ref gave us a few handy decisions to try and even it up.
Galway used the extra man well which for inexperienced young fellas was very impressive.

Still hopeful that we are still in with a shout later on though.

GalwaySham

QuoteThat bloody ref was a disaster. We got little or no protection from him.

Quotethought the Galway team's tackling was over physical at times and they were lucky to get away with less frees and cards from the ref

feckin typical roscommon shite here.

How can any ros fan say that ref didnt give ye anything?

Yeah, the sending off seemed harsh but only because none of us knows what it was for, nobody seems to have seen anything.

But he gave absolutely everything to Ros, even the Ros fans near me at the match thought this, the Galway backs were totally disillusioned with him, every time they tackled, he blew for a free.

But fair play to you rossie11, looks like you were watching the same match as me