Flags in lurgan

Started by mooncatiii, July 02, 2007, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 05, 2007, 03:11:54 PM
Your god damn right there is an fear rua

ask anyone who knows me, I am mental

you sound like a very scary guy :o :o, who knows you so i can ask them if your really mental ;D ;D
I wouldn't like to bump into you down a dark alley "you scary thing" :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

our nail is a mental bastard. his snorin can wake the whole of lurgan up. and if u dont leave him alone, there'll be no mail in the mornin! can we not resolve all this conflict over a nice chilled bottle of wine???

Our Nail Loney

I'd rather we just sat in, get a dvd and cleaned the house

stiffler

Is it true the Orangemen applied to march in Lurgan on St Patricks day this year?  ???
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

lurganblue

Quote from: stiffler on July 05, 2007, 08:42:59 PM
Is it true the Orangemen applied to march in Lurgan on St Patricks day this year?  ???

yep. and they were allowed too. i dont know how it all went off though cos i was in the pub.

stew

Shaney you are pure ket, ffs this latest batch of non de plumes is worse than bt systems and farneyarmy etc. :D

'I am mental' .......................................... well that is enough to scare the living shite outta me alright. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Donagh

Another one tonight. Gs I think you'd be safer ditching the Folk Club for an Ulster-Scots night  ;)

The Gs Man

Quote from: Donagh on July 06, 2007, 07:17:54 PM
Another one tonight. Gs I think you'd be safer ditching the Folk Club for an Ulster-Scots night  ;)

Just back from Holland there tonight.  Glad I missed all the shenanigans but no doubt, it'll be a long fecking summer.

I was at one of the meetings between the Parades Commission, local business people and representatives of the Chamber of Commerce.  As someone rightly said earlier, it's not just the perceived "nationalist" businesses that are suffering, its all businesses in the town centre.  I've heard of a couple of restaurants having to close because of the parades on what should be one of their busiest nights (Fridays).  How are people supposed to make a living when they're forced to close their doors (like we were on Monday) during their busiest times? (Anyone who has seen/heard the legendary Billy "Elvis" Quinn on a Monday will know).

And because we're right at the flashpoint its worse for us as no doubt people are associating our place with the troublemakers. (I know we've a few rough punters....lol....but they tend to enjoy drinking from bottles rather than throwing them)

Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Well, yes 5ivetimes, thats what should be happening......but it's not the police who are parading.

In fairness they did move the celtic top brigade on down the street when the parade came down.....which then meant we had no access in or out the front doors for anyone who wanted to come in and buy a pint.  And that is uite a lot for us on a Monday evening, one of our busiest days.

The Chamber of Commerce are doing a lot of good work at the minute trying to build a case to bring to the Parades Commission so we'll see what happens.......

And yes, our rates bill is quite substantial!!!   :o
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Well, as I say the Chamber are doing a lot of hard work at the minute, (I'll not go into it in too much detail,) so hopefully something might come of it.  A test case may be the way forward right enough though.

Keep 'er lit

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Denver Mayobridge on July 03, 2007, 02:27:52 PM
Why are these so called "gaels" sticking up for the PSNI and orange men here?? Makes no sense at all, what's going on in lurgan the last two nights and probably for the next few as well is an absolute disgrace.

The cops should be ashamed of themselves, scumbags.
That's a great post. 
You'd wonder why these GAA people are standing up for the RUC and Orange men wouldn't you, well since you're a new member you probably don't realise that not everyone on this board are here for GAA reasons, some are unionists/loyalists who are only here to provocate reactions, a bit like the orange order!  I'll let you work out who they are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 08, 2007, 12:19:24 AM
Well, as I say the Chamber are doing a lot of hard work at the minute, (I'll not go into it in too much detail,) so hopefully something might come of it.  A test case may be the way forward right enough though.

The G's man you fairly using the  GAA Board to promote your Ceili House Bar, How's Barry and Eilish these days ;) ;D

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

illdecide

Quote from: The Gs Man on July 09, 2007, 01:08:55 PM
Divorced.

:o :o Shit happens kid, look on the brightside your out of the oil business and into the liquor now. So which half is in the bar with you (Ma or Da) or are you all alone.

Seriously though i haven't been in that bar from Paddy Owens owned it, has it changed much and do they still play that ding a ling a ling music all day?

Tell ya what G's Man you wouldn't want that Nail Loney guy in your bar, He's mental and he'd kill ya if you refused him any drink. I think he should have been in the film Tombstone or Diehard 4.0. Maybe we should unleesh him on the protestants in the town. "the pied Piper killer of Lurgan" ;) :D

The Gs Man

Aye, I know that Loney fellas bad news....

My ma took it on and Im running it.  Beats the hell out of working for a living.......

And ring a ding a ling (trad music) every friday night.

Do I know you by the way?
Keep 'er lit