Sun Holidays

Started by amallon, June 29, 2007, 02:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Its been a long time since I've be on a Sun holiday abroad so I'm looking some advice on where to go and more importantly where not to go. 

There are four lads going so we'd be after somewhere with decent night life but it would need to have more to offer than night life.  We are all in our late 20's so we don't want to go somewhere which is full of 18 years olds.  We don't want to be ripped of for food/beer when we get there.  We don't want to be flying for more than 3-4 hours.

I've been looking through the brochure and online and to be honest all these resorts look the same.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

5 Sams

Go for Hersonossis in Crete Aidan. Someone on here was  talking about it recently. Older crowd...not many brits....more of a Scandinavian/Dutch crowd...I have been there twice and highly recommend it. Greek prices arent too bad. Plenty of good bars and restaurants...only downside is that there isnt a great beach in the town itself but Stalis is within walking distance and its a cracker of a beach. There's a waterpark there as well. If you want you should take a taxi into Malia one night just to see the english lager louts in action....unbelieveable.
The Aristocrat Years

Gabriel_Hurl

downredblack

I thought Albufeira (old town) Portugal was a great spot , Only 2 hrs away great food / weather / beach .

would love a plate of them sardines now :)

Lecale2

Caravan in Annalong for the 12th weekend. Hard to beat!

Billys Boots

I like Crete too, though it's been a while.  I get the impression that Hersonossis is thronged with Irish Leaving Certs in August - the old towns in Crete are great: Chania, Rethymno and Agios Nikolas.  Word of warning - I've not been there with a group of lads.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

amallon

5Sams - Is Hersonossis not more of a family spot?  There is a little bit of youth left in me yet!  

Lecale Annalong sounds tempting but I don't think I could put up with drinking in the Ballymartin inn for a week!

Gouves sounds like a right spot.  Loose women and good grub and no English louts.

cloneman

Quote from: downredblack on June 29, 2007, 03:17:04 PM
I thought Albufeira (old town) Portugal was a great spot , Only 2 hrs away great food / weather / beach .

would love a plate of them sardines now :)

I'd second Albufeira.  Would definitley go back for the Potugese steak alone but alot of other good stuff there too, like waterparks etc.

hitzelsperger

Lanzarote is lovely as is Fuerteventura, for the quieter family type holiday id go to fuertaventure (sp?)

If your looking to go clean mad then gran can or tenerife are the spots to hit...the dubliner in las americas is some spot every night of the week!

amallon

It certainly wouldn't be the family holiday we'd be after but it wouldn't be the manumission/cream type thing either.

Fíor Gael

mallon, don't be getting ideas about yourself, you and them other louts from grants bar would fit right in with the english larger louts. 8)

amallon

Excuse me Grants is a quiet respectable bar!  Your getting us confused with Gormans!  ;)

CiKe

not sure about Albufeira I live with a Portuguese guy and he says it's one of the worst places in Portugal, just full of English louts altogether