GAA for All?

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, June 28, 2007, 04:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Murphy_74

As our OWC are continually asking about a "GAA for All" campaign I give you:

http://www.downgaa.net/downgaa/general/news/2007/june/june6th1.htm

An excellent initiative and well done to all!

/Jim.

snatter

A better write-up exists at http://www.downdemocrat.com/news/story.asp?j=3352&cat=sport

Heartwarming stuff. Well done to all concerned.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

And good to see pictures of my 'alma mater', which is in Co Armagh incidentally, in the background and therefore fully supporting this initiative.................
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

T Fearon

I witnessed both events involving people with disabilities at half time in both Senior semi finals at Clnes and Casement and it was truly heartwarming. Seeing them wave to the crowd as the left the pitch, as if they were superstars (which in many ways they are) was truly heartwarming. Long may this continue and may all 9 Ulster counties get involved in this

uselessfootballer

Seen that game at Clones, they played a Go Games type of game, all seemed to have a good grasp of basic skill and some great celebrations for scores. The players got a great ovation, community development at its best.

nifan

Saw that on telly the other day.
Excellent work.

upthedubs

i seriously hope there will not be GAA for all.in south county dublin we want nothing to do with your horrid country sports.
the fact that a former rock boy is prostituting himself to the working class team of dublin is enough shame for anyone to take.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: upthedubs on June 28, 2007, 05:13:04 PM
i seriously hope there will not be GAA for all.in south county dublin we want nothing to do with your horrid country sports.
the fact that a former rock boy is prostituting himself to the working class team of dublin is enough shame for anyone to take.

can someone translate that for me please?  :D

ExiledGael

Dear God, I'm really cringing for you wee lad

An Fear Rua

ha ha its Ros oCarroll Kelly with his 3 second love life and daddys credit cord!
Its Grim up North

Gnevin

South County Dublin you mean crumlin and dolphins bar? Sure they are strong GAA areas :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Shamrock Shore

Quotei seriously hope there will not be GAA for all.in south county dublin we want nothing to do with your horrid country sports.

Ah yes - the empty windswept pitches of Kilmacud Crokes, Ballyboden St. Enda's, Ballinteer St. John's, Cuala, Kevins in Crumlin, St. Marks adout in Tallaght whereas there is always traffic mayhem on the Stradbrook Rd and of course Wesley is quite famous for its thriving underage scene - esp on a Frinday night.

Go back under your 'Rock' clown  >:(

Orior

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 28, 2007, 04:12:59 PM
And good to see pictures of my 'alma mater', which is in Co Armagh incidentally, in the background and therefore fully supporting this initiative.................

Ditto. Its a long time since I've seen the school from that angle.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

That is a fabulous story, I am delighted to see the GAA in Down doing wonderful work with disabled athletes and this story has made my day.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Shamrock Shore

Sorry - that Dublin numpty distracted me.

Great work there to the Down boys and fair play.