Ceann Comhairle loses it big time!!

Started by Sky Blue, June 28, 2007, 09:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0627/dail_av.html?2263129,null,230

Anyone else see this on Nine News last night? The man's a nut and not fit to do the job. Unbelievable stuff! Maybe the Dail debates will be more interesting from now on.
It's a pity Deputy Higgins lost his seat - he could have wund him up well and truely.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, he's a cardiac-arrest waiting to happen. Wouldn't give him six months as Cathoirleach, and if Joe had still been there, there'd been another civil war, only an all-Kerry affair this time!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

shotstopper1

Didn't see what happened yesterday but on the first day he lost it big time with first Morgan (SF) and then Ring (FG).It was a complete shambles and makes a mockery of politics in the country.Donoghue has neither the temperment or the diplomacy for the job.

Long time dead

Heard it on Matt Cooper yesterday - complete gas, the man should not hold that position, I think it will be all out war to get him riled again; and in fairness based on this showing that shouldn't be that difficult.

magpie seanie

I have to say I really enjoyed it. The man is an arrogant tool and people he treated like dirt when he was a high and mighty minister just got a wee bit back on him.

GalwayBayBoy

O'Donoghue isn't suited to that job at all. He's known for having a short-fuse and the opposition will be rubbing their hands with glee with the thought of winding him up for the next couple of years.

Even there you can tell they're just trying to get a rise out of him and loving it.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 28, 2007, 11:53:59 AM
O'Donoghue isn't suited to that job at all. He's known for having a short-fuse and the opposition will be rubbing their hands with glee with the thought of winding him up for the next couple of years.

Even there you can tell they're just trying to get a rise out of him and loving it.

Agreed he is not suited to the job, really it is a bit unfair on the man, who I don't believe really wanted the job in the first place, it all got off bad when Jackie Healy Ray had the dig about announcements in Kerry. He has a short fuse and far too easy to wind up, Enda, Ring & the Sinn Fein TD this week, wait until Pat Rabitte comes up with something and that will be it. I have a friend from Kerry who voted for him & warned me in adavance that he was worried that he would be far too easy a target when he had to act impartial & keep his cool, my friend also hoped he would not get the job because he wanted him as an active TD in South Kerry.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 28, 2007, 12:07:08 PM
... it all got off bad when Jackie Healy Ray had the dig about announcements in Kerry.

I reckon it was one of JHR's terms and conditions for supporting FF -- J O'D gets the Ceann Comhairle, making an even greater ass of himself and leaving in ignominy, clearing the way even further for the next election in Kerry South  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Kerry Mike

While they are all having a go at O''Donoghue and he back at them, note that there has been little time given over to debating the issues of the day and the makeup of the new government. Given O'Donoghue previous runs-in with members of the opposition I think it was a bit of cute hoorism by Bertie putting him in the role.

Also it was a good political decision by Bertie, with Kerry moving to one 5 seater before the next election the hope within FF is that McEllistrim will hold his vote in North Kerry, O'Donoghue's vote will transfer to possible Tom Fleming with the Bull getting the free run back in and they might end up with 3 of the 5 seats. Sqeezing out either Healy Rae junior or Ferris.

But getting back to O'Donoghue he has a thick skin and there will be lots of sparks flying over the next few months from his chair. I think they should give him yellow and red cards to hand out for persistant foulers.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

QuoteKerry moving to one 5 seater before the next election

Did this get announced Kerry Mike? Ye were all laughing at me when I said that after the election :D

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2007, 02:33:30 PM
QuoteKerry moving to one 5 seater before the next election

Did this get announced Kerry Mike? Ye were all laughing at me when I said that after the election :D

Surely Donegal is going to follow suit soon too, but Kerry & Donegal only a little bigger population than Mayo so I reckon the 5 seater was on the cards for them too.

I really hope though the seats go towards creating 5 seaters in the East not 3 & 4's, 3 seaters suit a FF Heomgomeny (spelling I know, but you know what I ment), while there is more likely to be a chance of Government rotation under a 5 seater system. I notice the trend is towards smaller Const. a worrying trend from my point of view. Leitrim has to be the most hard done by county in Ireland by the current split between 2 Const. and they only had 26,000 as one unit as it was. A county which will dissapear if they are not a united unit.  I'd rather see Leitrim vote FF or SF than have no representation.