Started by oneflewoverthecuckoonest, June 26, 2007, 10:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Dempsey

what happened here, all bullshit or what

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lone Shark

If he wants to tell ye, that's up to him - surely ye must know that obviously I'm not going to say one way or another, even if it is under the cover of internet pseudonyms.....

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 06, 2007, 12:20:53 PM
If he wants to tell ye, that's up to him - surely ye must know that obviously I'm not going to say one way or another, even if it is under the cover of internet pseudonyms.....
thats fair enough Lone Shark its just that he seemed fairly anxious to put that bet on with you yet when you agreed to accept the bet he seemed to stall, methinks you called his bluff
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

No doubt you called his bluff LS.
Typical of some 'punters' & I use the term loosely. From experience he may have been one of these boys that shout the place down, or in this case,  make a big point of it on the board expecting you to refuse the bet, but when you said you would lay it he pulled his horns in.
If a punter wanted the bet he would have taken it as soon as you replied. By stalling he proved he was full of sh1t.

Loup Bandit

Quote from: full back on July 06, 2007, 12:49:25 PM
No doubt you called his bluff LS.
Typical of some 'punters' & I use the term loosely. From experience he may have been one of these boys that shout the place down, or in this case,  make a big point of it on the board expecting you to refuse the bet, but when you said you would lay it he pulled his horns in.
If a punter wanted the bet he would have taken it as soon as you replied. By stalling he proved he was full of sh1t.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here full-back, well said.  ;)
anyone can talk the talk after all....