question for lone shark

Started by oneflewoverthecuckoonest, June 26, 2007, 10:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

please. 

Bogball XV

maybe you should try the private message function - not being smart, but that'd make more sense.

stephenite

I agree, use the PM there Ger Delaney

Lone Shark

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on June 26, 2007, 10:43:42 PM
hope you had your paddy power problem rectified.

you answered my question last week about stake limits on your gaa prices for the corporate entity you work for.

now i am happy to put my money against your opinions and I take it that the hurling qualifiers can be deemed as serious punting games.

therefore can you let me know if ladbrokes will lay me 5,000 to 4,000 about antrim with the 8 point handicap start against clare on saturday. if you lay me this bet i will also happily stake 1,000 on antrim at 7/1 outright on the game. will you lay me or not?.

i know that you are an offaly man but I firmly believe that antrim have a ten times better chance of beating clare than your native boys have of beating tipperary.

reply please. 

As Bogball pointed out, that was an odd one not to use the private messaging for, but yes, it's a qualifier where both teams have everything to play for (I wouldn't commit to accomodating such a bet in a dead rubber in round 3) , so if you get on the phone tomorrow where I can be sure that the bet will come through to me for approval that bet will get laid. If you go into a shop it's considerably more awkward to make such a commitment. On the phone, I'll be happy to accommodate you.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

thank you for your reply loneshark,

Uladh

Lone shark isn't gonna say this so i'll say it for him. obviously oneflewoverthecuckoonest has registered on the board with an agenda. he registered specifically to address the paddy power issue raised by LS and has carped a number of times at lone sharks gaa laying.

so whats the story oneflewoverthecuckoonest? pp employee looking to counter some of the bad publicity generated on this board?

Blacksheep

There's a Ger Delaney works for Boyle's. I wonder....... :-\
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

bombidal

Quote from: Uladh on June 27, 2007, 10:37:27 AM

pp employee looking to counter some of the bad publicity generated on this board?

Not as far as I know thats for sure.

Another thing oneflewoverthecuckoonest, you have asked for the bet and now dont want to take it. If the price goes I dont want you on here complaning about not being layed the bet. Its either put up ....
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Uladh on June 27, 2007, 10:37:27 AM

Lone shark isn't gonna say this so i'll say it for him. obviously oneflewoverthecuckoonest has registered on the board with an agenda. he registered specifically to address the paddy power issue raised by LS and has carped a number of times at lone sharks gaa laying.

so whats the story oneflewoverthecuckoonest? pp employee looking to counter some of the bad publicity generated on this board?

i think you are right Uladh
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

There's obviously something going on. Lone Shark/Ig has been a contributor on this site and other incarnations of it for years now. He's always given fair advice and tried his best to accomodate the punters on here. He's never hidden his occupation, in fact the opposite.

He has also turned poacher a fair few times and advised on decent bets for members of the board.

I think oneflew is out of order, and has simply joined up for a pot at LS.

magpie seanie

QuoteI think oneflew is out of order, and has simply joined up for a pot at LS.

Well if that is the case it was misguided. Lone Shark would be well got round here for a long time.

Hound

Well I for one found the question by the OP and the reply from LS very interesting and informative.

I dont know about the motives of the OP, but I dont think there was anything wrong with the question (albeit IMO his tone perhaps leaves a lot to be desired). Presumably he just found the odds enticing and he'll go ahead and make the bets at the price stated.

magickingdom

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on June 26, 2007, 10:43:42 PM
hope you had your paddy power problem rectified.

you answered my question last week about stake limits on your gaa prices for the corporate entity you work for.

now i am happy to put my money against your opinions and I take it that the hurling qualifiers can be deemed as serious punting games.

therefore can you let me know if ladbrokes will lay me 5,000 to 4,000 about antrim with the 8 point handicap start against clare on saturday. if you lay me this bet i will also happily stake 1,000 on antrim at 7/1 outright on the game. will you lay me or not?.

i know that you are an offaly man but I firmly believe that antrim have a ten times better chance of beating clare than your native boys have of beating tipperary.

reply please. 

cheeky bird, if i was lone shark i wouldnt even have replied to you...

rrhf

Lone Shark

I'll say this much - I've had an obvious recent disagreement with PP, but I couldn't see them at this kind of carry on - it would be well out of character. I don't know any of the Boyles employees personally, so I can't say anything about them one way or another, but my gut feeling is still that oneflew... is still a punter.

However I will say this - there is no such thing in bookmaking as "holding" a price like you would a piece of Waterford Crystal. The price will be there for you if I don't lay Antrim excessively in the meantime, or if no team news comes out that changes the game. (I know Gaffney and Plunkett are doubtful, but still expect them to play), but I'm not going to knock back other bets becasue I have a promise of betting from yourself, nor do I want to hear any complaints if the price is gone by Friday. Tis only a two minute phone call after all.