Krakow

Started by Fear Boirche, June 26, 2007, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

I'm heading to Slovakia in a weeks time and would appreciate some info. I'm flying into Krakow and staying staying there for two nights, is there any public transport and how much is it from the airport to the city centre? I'd also appreciate it if some one could direct me on how to get from Krakow to Poprad (Slovakia).

Cheers
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

theticklemister

Suppose to head to Krawkow last year but was too scared to get on the plane so I turned back at bottom of steps of the plane,this bring back all those bad memories

ziggy90

Thanks for that useless piece of info :D.

theticklemister

Quote from: ziggy90 on September 16, 2012, 12:40:48 PM
Thanks for that useless piece of info :D.

I spent four good days in Belfast but

ziggy90

But what? My (Tyrone) wife has that saying as well and I'm fcuked if I understand it's use.

ziggy90

One meaning of it. It seems to me to have universal meanings, a bit like the Wise Guy's "forget about it". In any case why can't you say what you mean.

Atticus_Finch

Trains run every half hour from the airport to the the main train station in Krakow (Glowny/Central Station). Cost wise it is not much maybe about roughly 20 Zloty / 5 euro. It is about ten minute walk from the station to the main square in Krakow.

Otherwise a taxi from the airport to the city centre will set you back about 100 Zloty, that's about 25 euros.

Great spot, enjoy.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

ziggy90

Thanks for that AF. You don't by any chance know of public transport links from Krakow to Eastern Slovakia (Poprad, Kosice areas).

maddog

Quote from: ziggy90 on September 16, 2012, 12:51:39 PM
But what? My (Tyrone) wife has that saying as well and I'm fcuked if I understand it's use.

Take it from your learnin

ziggy90

Don Johnson

Going to Krakow end of March with the girlfriend for a long weekend.

I was there last year for a stag do but all we did the whole time was drink, the odd feed in that Irish Mbasy bar mentioned a page or two ago. We used it as a meeting spot basically the whole weekend.

Anyone any decent food recommendations for when we go over? Nice restaurants round the square or wherever?

CD

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 14, 2015, 04:06:04 PM
Going to Krakow end of March with the girlfriend for a long weekend.

I was there last year for a stag do but all we did the whole time was drink, the odd feed in that Irish Mbasy bar mentioned a page or two ago. We used it as a meeting spot basically the whole weekend.

Anyone any decent food recommendations for when we go over? Nice restaurants round the square or wherever?
Been there twice Don and eaten in most of those spots - All fairly similar in terms of quality (decent) and price ( very reasonable). Not very ambitious in terms of beetroot soup and sauerkraut though! Pretty standard grub!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Rois

We went to a nice Italian restaurant on the Square - Da Pietro, downstairs in what looked like cellars or vaults or something.  Really nice spot but not really traditional Polish. 

Boycey

Quote from: Rois on January 14, 2015, 08:56:15 PM
We went to a nice Italian restaurant on the Square - Da Pietro, downstairs in what looked like cellars or vaults or something.  Really nice spot but not really traditional Polish.

That's the place! I was asking my mrs earlier after seeing this thread. Like you say not Polish but nice grub in nice surroundings. Other than that we actually followed our noses and kept away from the square down side streets seeking out busy looking spots that locals might use. It worked for us but is a bit hit and miss I suppose but treat it as an adventure..

Kraków has a huge student population so there are some cracking, cheap places to hunt out

Gold

What a spot! Google the gold club!

My mate got a crackin blondey student back from a polish niteclub

Never forget it!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."