Jack O Connor a whinger or just trying sell his book

Started by Davitt Man, June 26, 2007, 01:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 28, 2007, 09:15:31 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 28, 2007, 07:59:19 PM
Quoteslur on Ulster

Nothing in what he says is a slur. Just some home truths.

Anyway, we are sick of listening to ye're shite about Munster and constantly demeaning us. Its time for some payback.

Dry your eyes Mike, Jesus yiz have the Sam Maguire down there every other year, you can take a bit of criticism when it resides elsewhere.
It's all jealousy, on both sides (though Munster is clearly weak as water)

Carefull now, I can see a Tsunami coming out of Munster yet this year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 28, 2007, 09:01:21 PM
And you are a windy p***k Fear an srath Ban.

You can say little on this board without having a mean-spirited go Sheehy, a sad, sad individual. T'is no wonder you've left the Kingdom, I'd say even your own were sick to the back-teeth of you. Good riddens.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Surprised to see the anti-northern rhetoric in general, and anti-Tyrone vitriol in particular, being poured forth by Jack O'Connor in his book -- I've heard him at least twice on the TV saying that Kerry were beaten by a "great Tyrone team" in the 2005 final. So a) he's schizophrenic with a deep-seated mental problem regarding northern teams, or b) he's trying to sell a book. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (on this occasion) and go for b)  ;)

johnpower

Fecking books . I will hold all comments on the book until I read it . Munster v ulster .Everybody is getting so worked up ,

ONeill

Jack's begiining to sound a little chip-shouldered about almost everything inside and outside his own county, and doesn't reflect the typical Kerry animal man or woman.

In terms of Harte v O'Connor I'd say there's very little between them in terms of tactical and managerial ability.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

The big question is it the manager or the players ?. Jack won two and stepped aside Mikey is keeping  going .both of them had a hell of a lot of talent at their disposal .Could any of them get this success with lesser talent at their disposal ?. God people seem to have forgotton  the motto of the GAA "Hate thy neighbour"

INDIANA

Jesus Mike you are one bitter man. The best exponents of puke football are Kerry. I'm not saying that's  abad thing but there isn't any point in throwing stones when you are sitting in the middle of a glasshouse. You may have won 30 odd all-irelands but jesus for  a lot of them you only had two games a year.
You talk about wristbands and shite like that - i read more articles last year on Kerry's training methods ilike using harnesses on players to make them run quicker- of not having to do upper body weights and relying on leg weights-3 year plans etc etc- the amount of shite emanating from Flanagan last year was as bad as the shite we had to put up with in 2002 with Armagh.
I think it's a bit rich about a Kerryman complaining about other's training methods and puke football when they speak from the same pulpit themselves. Ulster Football has challenged Kerry fooball and Kerry don't like it because they believe they have a divine right to win All-Irelands fogetting the fact they play in the shitest province in Ireland.

blanketattack

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 28, 2007, 09:56:44 PM
Surprised to see the anti-northern rhetoric in general, and anti-Tyrone vitriol in particular, being poured forth by Jack O'Connor in his book -- I've heard him at least twice on the TV saying that Kerry were beaten by a "great Tyrone team" in the 2005 final. So a) he's schizophrenic with a deep-seated mental problem regarding northern teams, or b) he's trying to sell a book. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (on this occasion) and go for b)  ;)

I think Jack and all Kerry people admit it was a great Tyrone team that beat Kerry. 2 All-Irelands each in the last 4 years. Both having their star player retire. This year could be very interesting. I'd say advantage Tyrone due to their success underage.

Tyrone Dreamer

I hope he's making plenty of money from the book casue otherwise its not worth it. Its a pity that to sell a book u have to come across as a bit of a moaner, casue up until now Id no problem with the man. The stuff about Canavan etc has stirred up the Tyrone rivalry again and Id love it if we met before the year is out. Would be some match and god help the Kerry one's if they lose cause I dont think the Tyrone fans would let them live it down for a few years. 2 good teams and thats what has built up the rivalry. Maybe Im biased but I feel another all Ireland for Tyrone or Kerry would leave them in the position as team of the decade.

armaghniac

Kerry are always forced to innovate by new teams that adopt some variation in tactics, Ulster teams like Antrim in 1940's or the 1960 Down team, or Heffo's Dubs. Kerry are good enough to adapt and win on the field, but only after some dubious tactics and a lot of whining.

from the archives of de Paper.

The Antrim players were apparently ahead of their time because they were playing a new brand of football, using the hand-pass to move the ball down the field. "It was the most spiritedly contested semi-final I have seen in years", according to a report in The Kerryman. "One team (Kerry) was playing Gaelic football, Antrim's was a brand of football characterised by over-holding the ball and throwing it. To stop ball-throwing movements the Kerry backs pulled the ball-throwers down. This is the answer to these tactics".

When Antrim protested, there was indignation in the Kerry press. The GAA Central Council met to consider the protest on the last Saturday in August and debated the issue for two hours before overruling the objection by 19 votes to 10.

"Antrim's advocates defeated their own case", according to The Kerryman. "Their autocratic bearing and dictatorial attitude roused the hostility of the southerners. The northerners were the self-appointed guardians of the association's honour; its reputation was their only concern; they were charged with redeeming the good name of the GAA which the Kerry rowdies had done so much to besmirch. All of which would be highly amusing if it were not so disgusting".

and
There were over 30,000 people at the game. Most of them were from the North. Kerry people stayed at home partly in protest at the price of a train ticket to Dublin — 27 shillings return!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Kerry Mike

QuoteI think Jack and all Kerry people admit it was a great Tyrone team that beat Kerry

Agreed but if we win another All Ireland this year and dont play Tyrone I dont care. Its all about winning the big silver bucket and thats most Kerry people care about, not who we play or beat.

Now lads its a fecking book, dont buy it if you dont agree with it, all books need a bit of controversy to sell. Fellows get wound up very easily around here .
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 28, 2007, 11:30:37 PM
QuoteI think Jack and all Kerry people admit it was a great Tyrone team that beat Kerry

Agreed but if we win another All Ireland this year and dont play Tyrone I dont care. Its all about winning the big silver bucket and thats most Kerry people care about, not who we play or beat.

Indeed KM, and I would never begrudge the Kingdom, regardless of whom you have and haven't met. Credit where it's due, and there's no doubting the Kingdom deserves it.  ;)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYou can say little on this board without having a mean-spirited go Sheehy

There is nothing worse than highminded gobshites like you that issue personal insults and then
accuse others of being mean spirited.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIndeed KM, and I would never begrudge the Kingdom, regardless of whom you have and haven't met. Credit where it's due, and there's no doubting the Kingdom deserves it.

you are also a bare-faced liar I see. You know full well that if kerry win the AI this year and dont play Tyrone  you'lll be on here talking shite about injuries and munster football etc etc

QuoteGood riddens

Is this some Ulster scots dialect or something ? twat.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 29, 2007, 02:06:05 AM
QuoteYou can say little on this board without having a mean-spirited go Sheehy

There is nothing worse than highminded gobshites like you that issue personal insults and then
accuse others of being mean spirited.

I reserve my venom for those who fully deserve it Sheehy, and you do. I honestly don't recall a post from you that hasn't some nastiness in it, you are an embarrassment. But you really should get your psychological issues seen to.