Sligo v. Galway - Connacht Final

Started by magpie seanie, June 26, 2007, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

1 point game - free in the middle to galway - one last attack
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

Coverage is back on in the US.

1-10 to 0-12, 20 seconds of stoppage time to go

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

All over sligo by a point.

Well done, deserved.

stephenite

Sligo have it!!!

Their Full back were immense - ginger corner back my Man of the Match, number 6 mCCormack was brilliant also

J70

Well done Sligo. They made awful hard work of it though! The game reminded me a bit of our laboured effort against Mayo in the '92 semi, when free after free went wide with the tension.

stephenite

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

westmayo

Congratulations to Sligo, they made hard work of it but they thoroughly deserved it. It's great to see day's like this in the GAA.

joemamas

tremendous, can remember 1975 and the excitement, good luck to them . why didnt RTE show the cup being presented.

typical , but sad. first time in 32 years, methinks the audience would have like to see that rather than ads or limerick coming on the field

From the Bunker

Well done SLIGO. Connacht Champions 2007! I wish RTE showed presentation!

joemamas

Lerster and company should be embarrassed

Hardy

Delighted for Sligo and Magpie Seanie. Well done. Heroic defensive display. Colm O'Rourke said it gave a new definition to the word "team". Big problems to be solved, though, if they're to go any further.

It's interesting too to see Galway abandon "nice" footbal and adopt the puke defence to an even pukier extent than we've ever seen from Tyrone. But I doubt you'll hear the muppet show tonight castigate them for this.

An Fear Rua

Excellent, Well done Sligo, hard luck to the Tribe, but you will always get another chance!

Somebody get Hardy some sugar
Its Grim up North

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Fantastic stuff, congratulations to Sigo :) :)