Sligo v. Galway - Connacht Final

Started by magpie seanie, June 26, 2007, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belleaqua

Possibly not the time but Ford's goose is cooked bar an All Ireland semi-appearance and as was stated earlier that must include takin out Kerry or Tyrone. They seem more capable of doing that than beating a Kildare/Louth/Meath. Be no harm to get winner Mayo or Derry game. That would be a real test.

Ford loses the head in tight games. Taking off Meehan with 20 mins left? Leaving old men and tired limbs behind. Blake? Armstrong miles from goal? Paul Geraghty in front of them? Same crap against Westmeath last year.

Then again if you are to believe some Joyce is runnin the whole show and Ford doesnt even had the dressing room, whatever about now he wont have it next year.

Duine Eile

Agreed there, belleaqua about Ford, it'll take something major to save his position when Galway's season finishes, that's if he even wants it then, he's like someone that's not interested. There's a common belief alright that Padraic Joyce is running the show behind the scenes, yeah right, laughable stuff really when supposedly himself and Ford barely speak anymore, I'd say this is definitely Padraic's last year, hopefully he can go out on a bit of a high with a few good performances, he's only a shadow of the player he used to be now, it's like he's lost hunger or interest.I'd say Pete Warren has a lot of power behind the scenes you know. A lad from Salthill was saying to me a while back,  when's the last time you heard Peter praise one of the Joyces, Nicky scores 6 or 7 against Leitrim but when that's mentioned to him he brushes over it, you get the feeling if it was Meehan or Armstrong they were talking about he'd be praising them to the heavens.You get the impression realtions between players and managment aren't good and I don't mean just the Joyces.  Its hard to know what's going on, club games this weekend, a week before Galway's do or die match next weekend, are the county board writing off the year already or what are they at? :-\