Chris Benoit found dead!

Started by corn02, June 25, 2007, 11:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Benoit and his family found dead in their home.

RIP

A wrestler for those who do not know.

J70

Never heard of him until ten minutes ago. Apparently his wife and son were found dead too. He had left some tournament at the weekend to attend to some family emergency.

corn02

Galwaybhoy

Just heard this.  One of THE greatest wrestlers.  Im shocked.  Very suspecious by the sound of it.  WWE will have to drop the Vince McMahon is dead angle now.

Kerry Mike

One of the greatest Wrestlers ever was an Irishman, Steve "Crusher" Casey from the famous Casey family from Sneem in Kerry.
This from a time when wrestling was real and none of these pumped up lads on steroids wearing the wifes lycra tights.
Tis a load of shite nowadays with their pre-planned entertainment, sad news for this lad whoever he was.

http://www.terracetalkireland.com/profiles/casey.htm
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Gabriel_Hurl

DrinkingHarp

According to Yahoo it was a murder- suicide. I t seems he killed wife and child then killed himself the next day.

This is an example of the effects of steroids in my" personal opinion". Steroids change not only the bodies chemistry but also the psychological chemistry of a person. I can state this as opinoin as I had a friend who was happy go lucky then went on the  juice then six months later hung himself.

Feel sorry for the extended family and the thoughts running through their heads.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Spiritof98

Holy Shit, Still in shock, haven't watched it for a few years but he was a class act, and the crippler cross face being one of the more realistic moves that actually hurt you.

Hope he hasn't killed the family

RIP
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Hardy

I didn't even know he was alive.

Donagh

Thanks Mike I heard most of that interview when it was originally on Wheeshies show in 2002. Pleasure to listen to it all again.

Rossie11

Long time dead

Messages of support to his wife and kid and extended family but hard to swallow the accolades coming in around the globe for a double murderer.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 26, 2007, 01:14:14 AM
One of the greatest Wrestlers ever was an Irishman, Steve "Crusher" Casey from the famous Casey family from Sneem in Kerry.
This from a time when wrestling was real and none of these pumped up lads on steroids wearing the wifes lycra tights.
Tis a load of shite nowadays with their pre-planned entertainment, sad news for this lad whoever he was.

http://www.terracetalkireland.com/profiles/casey.htm

Dont forget that Mayo Legend of British wrestling "Ginat Haystacks" saw him in action years ago in the Beaten path in Claremorris...unreal !

Stranworst

f**k me that's cat! Any links to the story?

Tony Baloney

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queensland/pro-wrestler-chris-benoit-found-dead/2007/06/26/1182623865720.html

Like DH, as soon as I heard it I immediately thought it was a "roid rage" incident. Very sad for all concerned.